Am I going to die in phase 2 unimaginably bad?

Honestly, people on the forums talk a big game and love to speculate but the reality is that it will be particularly bad for 2 or 3 days when Phase 2 first rolls out and then it will return to normal experience. You’ll still get ganked at possibly a marginally higher rate than before but outside of perhaps a couple of servers (yours not being one of them) you’re not likely to experience any long-term disruption which meaningfully inhibits your ability to level and enjoy the game.

PvP is PvP. Always keep your head on a swivel and move with purpose and learn CC to get out of situations you can’t win.

1 Like

Reroll druid, escape all the things. Done.

It will already be hell for you, especially as a warrior. Phase 2 certainly won’t help either. Good luck.

I leveled from 1-60 on a pvp server in vanilla that already had the honor system. And it was just the expectation of rolling on a pvp server. This too soon nonsense is insane.

Yes this is your fate. I’d suggest once p2 drops if you’re in your 50s, level exclusively through dungeons. Questing will be extremely difficult.

Time to start chain tanking dungeons. Be glad you are a warrior and tanks are always in demand

With no battlegrounds and people trying to gain honor, it’s going to be a blood bath. Either chain tank dungeons or just quest in areas that are pretty quiet or that your faction controls. As long as you are prepared to fight it shouldn’t be too bad either way.

Short answer: yes

Long answer: Yes until P3 or BG launch.

Your best bet post 50 in a BGless world is find a secluded mob grinding spot and/or dungeon level. There will be zones that are less popular, but places like lights hope, thorium point, and BRM is going to be awful even if you’re 60 because groups will be farming. But I wouldn’t expect a place like say hinterlands or azshara to be awful.

Please don’t give that advice. Shifting in PvP is an art, and if people listen to you, we’re going to have a lot of complaining about druids being too easy to control and going OOM.

Once you get to 53 or so you’re going to want to level exclusively through dungeons. Blackrock Depths in particular since there are a lot of items in there that you will want to have when you’re 60 that will require a good amount of farming to get. Might as well get XP while you’re doing it. Kill two birds with one stone.

Heartseeker horde here: takes longer to get in BRD than doing 5 runs of arena. Shadowmeme priests everywhere.

Get 'em pre-bis before p2, BRM is going on lockdown.

If sociopaths weren’t being rewarded with epic gear you’d be right.

The rush of world PvP won’t end until there are battlegrounds. And there will be hundreds of neckbeards on every server farming hk’s 5-15 hours a day.

Dude you are fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

48+ are all worth the same honor so gl if u arent 60 already. all neutral flightpaths/dungeon entrances are going to be camped 24/7 for the first few weeks

Hey man. As of now you have 7 days to hit 60. Get to it!

I really don’t know why people complain about open world pvp (i.e ganking for cred) when they themselves chose to play on a PVP server?

Want to know the difference between PVE and PVP servers? The option to choose. On a PVE server, you can still PVP in battlegrounds, still attack NPC villages or cities, still get flagged and attack other flagged players. But you can choose not to. On PVP servers, there is no choice. If someone much more powerful wants you to dead for some random reason, you die. If that person camps your corpse, you die some more. If a faction imbalance makes it so that it’s absolutely impossible to level in an area or risk being killed over and over, sucks to be you.

There’s only one scenario where playing on a PVP server makes sense: You play with a large group of friends or guild and you’re never alone. Otherwise, you’re just another corpse on farm.

2 Likes

Yep*! Exactly as you indicated that you wanted, when you chose a PvP server.

What exactly did you think that meant?

*Except maybe not, because I hear there’s a massive imbalance toward your faction. It might be just like you were playing on a Normal server, except most of the zone names show up in orange for you and occasionally you see a hapless Alliance player get shredded.

There are always places you can go, be they less popular zones or dungeons to progress and level in relative peace. Will it be more challenging? Maybe, but so what. Enjoy the world pvp.

1 Like

I still have a few levels to go, but I am not too worried about it since I know there will probably be just as many 60s from my faction in a zone as there are from the other faction. I will squeeze in my quest kills while they all sort it out with each other.

1 Like

You’re a warrior without Spinal Reaper/Bonereaver’s Edge/Hand of Rag, or at the very least, an Obsidian Edged Blade.

Even if you were 60 exactly when P2 hits, you’d still be absolutely screwed.

A level 55 mage or Warlock would use you as a free honor battery, not the other way around.

2 Likes