Am I going to die in phase 2 unimaginably bad?

I started late and took a week off of leveling because my leveling buddy wasn’t around. I’m glad I rolled on a PVE server and don’t have to worry about this junk.

PVP will happen on PVP servers. It is the circle of life.

I hate when I find myself on the same side of an issue with you.

1 Like

There will be people that are trying to rank. They will always be killing people worth honor. The honor grind in WoW is fairly long, and most people wont stick it out once they see what little progress they make after the 3rd week or so.

I don’t think it will be as bad as many people think. You just have a higher chance of being attacked when traveling during primetime. Most people leave you alone right now if you are passing them on a road. But if you are worth honor and by yourself, you’re dead 9/10 times.

1 Like

A lot of players go PVP in search of Warcraft, where groups go on the warpath and it’s a big mosh pit of fun, or justified contests over resources; and less so Random-Murdercraft, where some players choose specifically uneven matchups to make another human being lose 5 minutes of game time. A tiny minority actually do this in-game, despite the vocal “PVP, bro” statements on forums, which makes it even weirder.

Everyone is going to die repeatedly.

The point is to keep dying and killing and finding ways to improve and have fun. If that is not your mentality then you really should not have rolled on a pvp server.

1 Like

But see, here’s the thing: You can easily do a PVP zerg even on PVE servers by attacking enemy NPC camps, villages, cities. In fact, it encourages the enemy to fight back as they don’t want to stop questing just because their quest NPC is dead.

The ONLY difference between PVP and PVE servers is that PVE servers allows you to attack and kill any enemy player you encounter out in the world. And rare is it where that happens unless the attacking player has a massive advantage going into the battle. So if uneven fights and ganking is your thing, then yes, go PVP servers. Otherwise, just pick and choose when you’d like to PVP by going onto a PVE server where you have ZERO fear of being zerged by overwhelming odds or stabbed in the bank while fighting off three mobs.

People who play on PVP servers seem to think that PVE servers have zero world PVP, which is simply not true.

2 Likes

Zero on PVE? No. I wouldn’t make that claim. But it’s a lot less likely to happen. In the end, rules of the server are rules of the server. But we have a choice on how we follow 'em.

When I leveled my gnome mage on a PVP server back in 2005, I was ganked daily, but never corpse camped.

1 Like

Exactly. This is why I have no pity for someone complaining about being ganked or overwhelmed when playing on a PVP server. It’s what they signed up for. They have no one else to blame if they can’t adapt to the open world PVP playstyle.

Speaking of, my green brother, how’s your pvp set coming along? I only have a few pieces left to perfect mine for the coming purge in 7 days.

Coming along splendidly. Have my Lionheart & Stronghold Gauntlets ready to go. Still haven’t replaced my Valor shoulders for a non-leather piece in that slot, but I’m not seeing anything else particularly compelling.

I’ve passed on 4 OEBs now fishing for a Spinal Reaper/Bonereaver but Rag has not been cooperating. At this rate, I might end up having to grab a Deathbringer and call it a day with Fury PvP.

2 Likes

I don’t know if you received any real answers, but as someone who was behind the leveling curve on a pvp server here’s what you’re going to do. Find out of the way areas where no one goes, and grind mobs there.

Pick something profitable that compliments your tradeskills, but make sure it’s in the deep wilds where no one goes. The further from convenient cities the better.

You will still occasionally get ganked, but you can bank a lot of gold while avoiding the swarms of gankers.

1 Like

YES!

MAKE IT GLORIOUS

But like others said - it wont be that bad. I didn’t read the whole post but remember that level differences between players have different mechanics than between mobs. Hence: a 60 and a lvl 32 can take out a pair of 60s. The mileage will vary by skill etc.

Class, level and gear do not “make” the player. Two 60s with exact BiS gear, same class, talents…one player could easily die 99 out of 100 times. Skillz…

Plus - wpvp is usually zergy so if you stay a little organized and have similar numbers of players on your half of the battle it can be a good time. If heavily outnumbered, your level 12 will suffer the same dirtnap as your level 60.

Git gud? It won’t be that hard either. Duel some to get your chops up and have fun!

Strongholds already? Thats sick man. AFAIK, there isn’t any one on my server who can craft them or they’re holding out. Death Grips for me atm.

I only need to get my lionheart finished, valor shoulders, and maybe the dmw eldritch legs for an extra 1 crit.

Ive had no luck on an mc 2hr either sadly. Demonshear has been working nicely for me atm though.

Usually the mass PVP battles are concentrated around very specific areas of the world. TM/SS, Crossroads, etc… You may decide to avoid those areas at certain times, but for the most part, you won’t see much of a difference.

Yea, there’s only one Horde side player on this server to my knowledge with it, and he charges a fairly “modest” fee of 125G + your mats to make them. That said, the sole crafter of Lionheart was originally charging 300-350g a pop to make those, so in comparison it really is quite modest.

1 Like

Sounds about right. The lionheart craft fee on my server is quite steamwheedle-y to say the least.

1 Like

Or

You enjoy being stealthed in a bush and waiting for your quest giver to respawn, and avoid the corpse walk after the opposing faction wiped everything in plain sight.

The feeling of that purple +1,000 (or whatever) after the quest turn-in is pretty awesome under those circumstances; when compared to a PvE server.

You’ll hit 60 eventually on either server type - but its the little pvp moments that exist in the midst of all the insanity that I missed about vanilla.

I’m happy to have rolled a rogue alt for sure just in time, and I know I’ll get smoked by those who had time to raid - but that would have happened in a BG anyway, right?

PvP servers to me, are an enhanced process of leveling or maxing out.

The process of getting safely to BiS 60 only to queue BGs sounds less exciting to me. And yeah - the process of getting ganked all the time right when your flight path ends isn’t exciting to you, I’m guessing :stuck_out_tongue:

With all of that said I’ll chill on a PvE server at some point just to recover with some friends over there, from time to time.

100G + mats on Faerlina

Y that 300+ stuff must be on a small server.

Stalagg has probably one of the largest Horde side pops outside of Herod tbh. He was just able to charge whatever he wanted because he got the pattern very early on, like in Month 1, and completely dominated the market for it.