Always raining on one character

So I’ve got a weird problem here - for two weeks or so, it’s been constantly raining on this character (Elkyrie) in game, in every single zone I go to (including visions!), all the time. The weather is normal on my other characters.

I’ve tried:
-Full UI reset (exit game, delete WTF, cache, and interface folders, restart with no addons)
-Killing the character
-Restarting the game, bnet, and the computer
-Submitting a bug report

It isn’t a (visible) debuff, and if it’s an item in my bags/bank, I can’t find it. Any ideas? It’s driving me nuts.

I’m not entirely certain what caused it, Elkyrie, but it seems you did have some kind of weather aura on you. It likely was applied during a quest or scenario and never lifted. I’ve removed it, and it doesn’t appear that it is returning. If it does, odds are you have a quest you need to complete that is causing it, but we’ll see.

You’ve been freed from the Shleprock curse, go forth into the sun!

25 Likes

You’re a sanity-saver, Vrak! Thanks so much.

5 Likes

I am happy to help bring in the sunshine, Elkyrie. Have fun!

9 Likes

@ Vrakthris I have the same exact thing happening to this druid… is there a way I can get you to go in and clear this crazy bug. All the rain is killing my mood.

Is it still happening, Bloomings? I just checked and didn’t see any unusual weather around the character.

If it is still happening can you give me an idea of which zones?

Actually, I looked at my buffs and found that I had a rain buff… WTF. I didn’t even know there was a thing. Right click and boom gone… I have been dealing with this for MONTHS… it was starting to depress me…lol Where did this come from?

It is likely from a quest but I am not entirely certain which one. I’ve only seen this on Alliance character so far, so it may be one of their quests.

1 Like

The reason I didn’t see it I use WeakAuras to hide all the “unimportant” buffs/debuffs on my toons. I toggled it off and there it was… something like Rain Cloud.

You can get your own traveling rain cloud on Mechagon. I don’t think you keep the buff when you leave though.
BAWLD-371

1 Like

I’ve been having the same issue , raining EVERYWHERE 24/7 only on my alliance character (Superspiffy) i logged in on another PC and it’s there too , so it’s not an interface thing , I think it started around the time i reached exalted with mechagon also the same time i reached heart level 90 … i hope you can help.

None of the other user posts have any insight? Like the toy Rufflebottom linked in the post right before yours?

1 Like

Vrakthris didn’t resolve this, the player did.

If that does not resolve it, take off all your gear, fly up high, dismount.

2 Likes

Technically I did remove the first one, the second one the player removed it themselves. I believe there are two different conditions here. Once is just a buff that is interactable, the other is not something the player can click on.

From what I could fine the condition is associated with working on acquiring the Hivemind mount and should disappear on its own once you have. If not, then you’ll want to submit a ticket to have a Game Master take a look.

I’ve removed it this time around. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you very much for fixing it.
I had checked all buffs,toys,quests, etc. and abandoned all unfinished quests except for a couple profession ones , So, after i tried everything I could think of , and what has been suggested in this post and other posts , I decided it was time to ask for help .

I hadn’t thought of killing myself but it might resolve the problem if it’s a buff that doesn’t persist after death , but yeah , it wasn’t a visible buff that I could right-click it off

3 Likes

:notes: I’m only happy when it rains…:musical_note:

4 Likes

hi! vrakthris, i’am having the same problem on my DH, and only on my DH named psychoemo , realm whisperwind! please help!

Open a ticket.

1 Like

Here’s a link that will allow you to open a ticket. There really isn’t an exact category for this, but it’ll get a ticket in for you.
https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/wow/197/464/solution
Last I heard, tickets were around a 2 day turnaround, so hopefully a blue will see this and take care of it for you sooner.