Constant Rain Storm Regardless of Zone

Have you checked your buffs for something causing rain?

I did. I have no buff or debug of any kind. I am perplexed.

Maybe these steps a GM gave another player will help:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/rain-and-weather-effects-wont-stop/292062/6

Bumping/Re-Opening this because I have only just now had a chance to address this. As I stated earlier, I have done everything suggested, including UI Reset MORE than once.

This is the only character by this. And it is t just a light sprinkler; it is a constant heavy thunderstorm.

Is deleting the character the o my way to address this bug? Because if it’s a file on my end, I don’t know which one because I haves tried all the suggested “fixes”.

And it is on just this character only.

Do you happen to be on this quest line?

I don’t believe I have started any quest for the Hivemind mount, and I have no debuff on me but I will look into it. Thanks.

1 Like

Not on this quest line at all.

Hmm have you tried dying or queuing for PVP? Entering a BG or arena may purge any weird buffs. I know you said you don’t see any on the character, but may be worth a shot. Sometimes my character gets stuck dancing from a toy with no buffs or debuffs to click and letting a mob kill me fixes it.

2 Likes

I second what Marwenna mentioned.

Joining a BG or arena, or taking off your gear (to avoid repair cost) and having the character die, will clear any invisible auras / phasing that might be causing a stuck rain effect on the character.

2 Likes

Will definitely give that a shot!

1 Like

Man I was excited as I thought for sure this would work. Nothing has changed; I even tried dying from heights in different zones. Laughably it was still raining when I was in ghost form.

I will give the BG PvP a shot.

Currently raining inside the Arathi BG. Going banzai and see if this clears it.

Are you carrying a quest item, or something similar, that causes rain? Check the bank, too.

Are you working on the Hivemind mount?

Maybe this other thread can give some insight:

1 Like

Not working on the Hivemind at all. I am trying a scan and repair now and the.nebulous double check my bank for any items. Thanks!

gallops in casts clear skys

You should be good, Jintarra. In your particular case you had an aura that would have been applied around Tempestion… Killing Tempestion should have cleared that up.

Alternately, a Game Master should be able to help, but you should be good now. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Vrakthris, youare the bravest of men, the most loyal of game masters. You have cleared the skies of one of my Khalassar. I name you commander of all my forces, the Queen’s Master of War.

2 Likes

Your weather density might be set to 3 for some odd reason. Try typing in this

/console WeatherDensity 0 (Turns weather effects off.)
/console WeatherDensity 1 (Low intensity.)
/console WeatherDensity 2 (More intense.)
/console WeatherDensity 3 (Heavy weather effects.)

I set mine to 0 a long long time ago as I very much dislike the rain.

Vrak isn’t a game master. He is a Support Forum Agent for the Customer Support Forum. You are correct that he always goes above and beyond for players, when he can.

1 Like

This is already solved above.

Big disagree.

Thank you. I thought he was.