Alternative Solution to Layering

well, if they care for the community or world-authenticity aspects of vanilla wow (which i’m sure they would if they know why people want vanilla wow), i can’t imagine them liking or being excited for that aspect of it, even if they do appear to like a stabler launch aspect of it, because i feel it without a doubt takes away from that core design philosophy that they implemented in 2004, inherent to the artistic qualities of the game

i don’t feel it is an elegant solution, nor it’s effects entirely short term, phasing technologies are harmful towards player immersion/attitude, these are internal amongst a player and can have longer term effects, these effects are hard to earn back from a player and can be seen as a “sacred” aspect of vanilla wow, it’s why vanilla, though having less content and less effective programming than retail, is often seen as special amongst people, layering (amongst many of the other changes to wow in the same vein), would act as a detraction from that aspect that made vanilla “special” to a lot of people, and that’s the aspect people were wanting when they were asking for vanilla wow back in the first place

que times on the other hand, are a shorter term issue, people may get upset for a little while that they can’t log in, but as more tourists begin to leave, it will taper down, it’s a shorter term issue of having to wait to log in that does not damage any essential aspect of the player experience as layering would, people may get angry and complain at blizzard, but i think they would be doing the right thing in not catering to them