Alterac Valley in Classic

I bet if they didn’t introduce marks of honor, there would be less angst toward the old AV content and length.

1 Like

There was angst toward old AV content and length during the time it was out, which was before marks.

If there was no DR on honor gains for killing players I bet there wouldn’t be any angst towards it.

Or if they implemented marks of honor as just a steady in game gain during the match instead of back loaded at the end.

For example every 100HK’s you get a mark, every tower that burns you get a mark and so forth.

1 Like

We don’t need all such fancy things. All we need is a small buff to NPCs and a bunch of landmines.

Blizzard can do it!

3 Likes

This is my thinking as well. This is not blizz’s first rodeo. If anyone in the world can rebuild 1.5 AV. It’s blizz.

I as well. A weekend taste or even bi-monthly 1.5 AV is better than just not having it at all.
100% with you on the #pancakes as well.

1 Like

1.12 as is, #nochange

Features present through 1.1 - 1.12 are not a change.

3 Likes

Aaaah, yur so cute!

If it’s not in the state it was in 1.12 it’s a change.

I don’t care which version of AV is used so long as it falls in the 1.x.x timeline. Having said that, I do enjoy needling those who feel the Classic as a whole is doomed because they’re not getting their favorite version of AV.

Also, while pancakes are great, I’m team french toast. Actually, I’m team melted butter and syrup. It’s just that french toast is the best delivery vehicle for them.

That too. What patch did DRs appear in?

Honestly, I think they were always in but I could be wrong.

What I DO know though, is that 1.12 made the DRs less harsh

• Honorable Kills now diminish at a rate 10% per kill rather than 25% per kill.

Whenever someone posts “AV 1.5”, my brain now translates it as “early AV content”. All of the content that existed prior to 1.8. Specifying “1.5” is not doing our side of the debate any favors. It merely opens up the counter of how long the specific patch existed, which is meaningless on it’s own.

Existed beyond 1.5:

• minefields
  • shredders
  • syndicate
  • korrak, and his quest
  • full strength npcs
  • complete number of npcs
  • larger map
  • stuff I will remember after I have my coffee…
8 Likes

Good point BW. Early AV content it is. It’s not the patch that we care about its the content that was removed.

7 Likes

Seriously, I don’t even care what they call the released version, as long as it includes all of those elements they stripped out and the rest that was neutered returned to the full strength stats. Those things existed for (if my calculations are correct) 126 days (June 6 through October 10) in live prior to removals and nerfs.

3 Likes

No it’s not, the same like time gating raids and loot.

BTW thanks for the last comment, it’s clear you have an agenda and your opinion can be safely ignored.

2 Likes

honestly as an alliance player I would appreciate horde turtleling and making the fight last forever. Then it would be like old AV lmao

I’m really curious why the idea of “no changes” is very difficult.

4 Likes

Well technically, 1.12 is in Vanilla’s timeline so it is no change … I think Blizzard’s thought process behind this is that 1.5 to 1.8 were not hugely popular back in the day. Participation was low. But there was not many complains about it, just not many people would play the battleground compared to Warsong. They changed AV anyway…

But as usual, Blizzard doesn’t seem to understand the concept of fun. For them, the more people see the content the better it is: LFG, LFR, multiple difficulties for raids; it is all the same idea. All the community has to be able to easily access everything. The more people has access, the better it is they think.

But it is completely wrong. Popularity is different to enjoyment. I thought they understood that for Classic. They said “Even if a handful of players enjoy Classic, we will do it”. But clearly not.

7 Likes

That’s based on your assumption that noone enjoyed 1.11 AV and on.