Alterac Valley @60 is awful

Is that the point of the bg though, I’m not entirely against a faction vs faction pve race existing it can in certain instances be fun but alterac valley should not be that bg.

1 Like

I literally came to the forums to complain about how sad AV is right now. There’s zero fighting happening. The game is just mounting and running. Everyone keeps saying “wait for 2 towers to cap”, but that doesn’t even happen sometimes. It’s an absolute joke of a battleground and it’s sad because it was one of my favorites.

3 Likes

IMO a 6v6 in a two way M+ dungeon setup would be ideal for that, AV really only shines in a turtle.

2 Likes

AV has become purely PVE race to the end to cap two towers and a GY, then wait a couple mins and kill a “boss” that dies in 20 sec.

Please fix this.

6 Likes

Does Oorton still play AV?

IDK if I like or hate fast AV. It’s nice having a shot at getting the daily win done in under 10 minutes, but it also takes a lot of the magic out of the map.

If only there were a way for people to be able to force turtles, so that some games could go quick and others could turn into those fun wars of attrition and back-capping.

1 Like

So they could make another BG with that specifically in mind.

1 Like

The reason the daily reward is larger for epic battlegrounds is that they’re supposed to last longer, though. Right now AV is over before a single match of Warsong Gulch!

4 Likes

AV is always a zerg early in an expansion since the NPCs are always weak early on. This isn’t new to Shadowlands.

I’m afraid you have it the wrong way around.

NPCs are normally very strong at the start of expansions because no one has gear. They get weaker as the expansions progress and players get more gear, unless Blizzard intervenes.

3 Likes

Hmmmm. I could perhaps be remembering the end of Legion and not the beginning of BfA. I didn’t play the end of BfA so I could have it mixed up.

So after seeing this thread: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/av-hotfix/751945

I jumped in thinking maybe the madness had come to an end. I was wrong.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EoRXKjHXEAAvaj0?format=png&name=360x360

1 Like

ya AV has turned into a race since you only need 2 towers, you need to buff the finale boss so you need to get 4 towers again, most come to PvP, screw the PvE Dbags

1 Like

Who knew that in a BG designed around killing an NPC, people would rush to achieve killing said NPC. This is why I had the 40 mans blacklisted for the longest time, if I queue up to PvP I want to PvP - not PvE some boss down.

:woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

I am so frustrated with Alterac Valley. You are right. Literally the most pointless battleground in the game right now.

There is almost no PvP. Everyone runs past each other in the middle and the only time there are any skirmishes it’s with one or two ppl trying to back cap.

It is a pale wasted spectre of it’s former self (and I mean the former self from last year).

Gone are the days of killing Belinda.
Gone are the days of killing the other faction.
There is no honor or glory in this BG.
It is boring… I didn’t even see an enemy the whole match.
This used to be one of my favorites… Probably my favorite time was when they first swapped it so there was a kill limit reducing the game from all day to only an hour or three.

for an Epic BG 45 minutes is fine. 30 minutes is getting a little short, but literally 4 to 8 minutes? My clothies not getting 1 shot by Van when I mess up and aggro him?
I cringe whenever this pops in queue. The ONLY good thing about it is that it’s over quick so I can requeue hoping for a better one.

2 Likes

Do the NPCs need time to gear up in raids or something?

1 Like

When AV is properly tuned , the said boss and his sidekicks would one shot them all if you just ran at him .

It’s obviously not tuned right at this point.

1 Like

When you turn in armor scraps you upgrade your faction’s NPCs from normal to seasoned to veteran to Champion.

Champion NPC’s will beat the crap out of you but it normally takes ~20+ minutes to get to that point.

I believe Holycow was being facetious. PS. if Vanndar +3 towers is able to be taken out in week 2 of a new expansion, don’t expect to see champion units… the vendors die when targeted.

At this point, they should just put Drek and Vann in the starting caves and whoever kills them first wins because that is how much PvP is in Alterac Valley right now.

1 Like

If Ally wants an AV challenge come at us (IWC) on Friday nights. :kissing_heart: We deny them a swift victory every time.

I’ve posted in GD for more attention. Please go post there about how unfun current AV is before I get overrun by people who don’t actually play epics.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/please-fix-alterac-valley-at-max-level/775943

1 Like