Almost 1 year from the Community Council...Did it work?

I’d rather they didn’t change M+ into something else entirely based on what someone with absolutely no clue what they are talking about says.

Especially since it’s been the only thing keeping the game alive for the past four or so years.

That’s why it should be better if Devs only checked subforum sections instead of a single forum section, that joke came from really old threads even CC members asked about worgen tails back in february, I think there’s huge customization post on different forum section; however, If Devs response a topic for a community like cassuals/RP, then other community will feel excluded and that’s more notorious in a single sub forum section like CC.

This whole charade is yet another reason why it’s funny to hear Ion talking about how it hurts to hear players say the devs don’t care. Your actions across every medium speak volumes about why players think this.

I am going to say that the Community Council did not work. First it is not very active, it the same few people posting. While it is a voluntary thing if the people are not actively posting they need to be removed and someone added that will drive discussion. Second there is no Dev presence which would have given some type of legitimacy to the area. People want to see discussions between the players and devs. While I highly doubt there will be any heavy discussions but low stake ones could have been had.

The community council could have been interesting but the people were so cherry picked and the devs so afraid of the community that fail to live up to even the smallest expectation.

1 Like

Blizzard only participates in the topics blizzard wants to. It functions more like a sounding board than a council. Ideas only flow in one direction.

3 Likes

Well, It’s almost over for the first sample of CC members, there’s already a common sentiment among members that the “live chats” arrived too late.

And there’s not any announcement about any change to this “feedback” mechanic. It seems like the new road map and the workload for Devs is too much in order to dedicate some time to this Council idea.

This whole system requires an update or just remove it and use any of the specific forums for classes, professions, collections…etc.

Devs shouldn’t focus on GD, since these forums have specific spaces for a lot of focus feedback.

Edit

Almost 2 years now, I wonder what’s the ratio between threads and response.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/g/blizzard-tracker/activity/posts?category_id=261

If the rest of us are no less busy working jobs, running businesses, and raising families, and we manage to read them. They can find 20min a day to listen to what their customers are saying.

4 Likes

Thanks, I notice now almost 2 years into this program around 50 Blue response for 2023 against 300+ threads… Is this even working?

As I mentioned before, We already have sub forums, We didn’t need a smaller sample on which a lot of those players don’t post as you mentioned and the few that post got frustated for the lack of response. Unless, there’s response in their discord which don’t reach the player base, so what’s the point?

This idea won’t work if Devs and CMs don’t put effort and time from their end, Devs are focus on their work and it seems they don’t have time assigned to address the massive amount of threads. I’ll always mention how Devs had more communication during the big lawsuit time and now that diminish a lot, that’s why we got changes to low drop rates but Devs never discussed that with the council while some memebers posted ideas for 1 year before any change was implemented.

Same for almost every aspect of the game, there’s a lot of feedback there but it’s like another subforum being ignored.

Or CMs could filter and establish a communication path between CC and Devs, besides that if Devs are busy, them managment must schedule sometime to this dynamic as you mentioned 20-1 hour per week to check those threads assigned by CMs or check anything in those forums.

3 Likes

it didn’t work the first time…nor the time after, or the time after that. does that answer your question?

1 Like

Maybe someone on the cc can start a thread about locking old threads so we aren’t reading 2 years old necros.

4 Likes

Sounds good, it’s just 1 year still in range, I was writting a new one but It was easier to keep the previous one for this topic.

The CC felt like a gesture system instead of any way to interface with devs. I’d wager most players don’t even know there’s a CC forum, and very few of us fine folks of GD bother checking it regularly. Though, some threads there make me happy they aren’t vehicles for change.

2 Likes

@Fusur, Maybe Community council wasn’t required since we’ve sub forums for each class, game activity , rp…etc. We only needed Devs and CMs talking on those sub forums, Now We’ve a 100 player sample that’s not working because only a small portion do threads and post, besides the lack of blue response.

2 Likes

As predicted. Eve’s CSM says hi, they are mostly useless in practical terms too! Wow wanted to copy that for some reason.

It would have gone better if player voted. It gets players vested in the system. Yes it becomes a popularity content. But its a player based one. Not the devsm who probably blacklisted quite a few players off that list.

Everyone knew this wouldn’t change a thing from the beginning. They just like to gaslight people into thinking they care so of course the CC section is worthless.

For example ive been asking about legacy content fixes and buffs since BFA and they have ignored it, Even the CC posted a very wordy thread detailing the same issues. Nothing… nada… Just Ion crying about how it “hurts the teams feelings thinking they don’t care.” Ion has acknowledged the problem multiple times in interviews but amounted to “we know we will fix it promise /kiss” then file 13 the issue until its brought up again. If neglecting and ignoring an issue is caring about it then yeah they are doing fantastic.

2 Likes

Basically. Wow at this point needs to fail to get better. Its done wonders for eve. It saw a nice dark age even I left for a time. This…got its devs to listen. Now they throw some pasta on the wall players asked for. Some of it seems to be sticking lol.

Novemebers expac release a player asked for feature finally comes to be.

We can be pirates, officially. PLayer asked for feature finally comes. You can now officially align with some pirate factions.

Been seeing slight numbers increases recently. Even I coughed up some money to see it. sale on subs…I can fly for the angel cartel a few months to give it a go.

1 Like

CC holds no water anymore. They probably did before but even the very few CC who try and not just there for the cool name color changes have their hands tied. They’re suppose to be the speaker of players but Blizzard listens to no one so I don’t even see the point of them to be honest, like no offense. Blizzard just starts banning forum people who go against anything they say these days so it’s just like, why bother?

1 Like

Maybe, I’m cynical about this response but it’s more of the same, every patch/expansion will have new threads from Blizzard on sub sections like PTR and Community Countil, this didn’t address the big gap between threads created by members and Dev response. Also, the issue that only a small % of the 100 members actually participate activately on the forum.

It was expected that with news around Blizzcon, there’s going to be the typical Community Council live chat and some threads, What is Blizzard doing to address the massive amount of threads for topics that are even duplicated now? Some members did threads and now they’re not longer part of the feedback tool that’s the council.

If members of the council are creating this kind of thread about if the idea is working or not, then you need to address this better and it’s not the first thread about this issue.

Listen I’m critical about WoW. Mostly with the hatchet job they did to the lore and how they let broken op specs stay broken for so long.

However, just doing a quick glance at that the topics in the Community Council, most of the topics, 90%+ seem to be non issues. If I was the Dev’s I would ignore the majority of them too.

1 Like