Allies wanna win AV? read if ur Ally - revised

*Before the game starts, set up 3 groups of defenders/recappers in groups 6, 7, and 8. These groups are ppl who will defend and recall to base. Always have at least 1.5 groups playing Defense. If you are in Horde base and Horde is in Alliance base -> you will need 2-3 groups constantly recalling (using AV trinket) and defending Van/SPgy.
0. Raise up your teams spirit before the game starts. Press that macro and share the first few steps of the strat with the raid. Organize groups and put marks on your tanks and healers. Do all this before the match starts to make ppl try even if it’s for a little bit.

1. Do not cap SFgy (DO NOT LISTEN TO ANYBODY WHO SAYS ALLY NEED TO TAKE SFGY… taking sfgy is an auto loss for alliance and Horde will do/say anything to make sure alliance does not know this.) You can prolbably take sfgy after step 7 if you want.

2. Have 5-10 or so Defenders at SHgy.

3. Group up and fight in mid and wipe out the horde while pushing toward Galv. - IF YOU ARE NOT PUSHING FORWARD AND GETTING ALL UP IN HORDES FACES THEY WILL PUSH YOU GUYS BACK and you will lose.

4. Have some Defenders recapping things as needed throughout the whole game. This slows down the Horde advance tremendously.

5. After mid is clear go for Galv + Lts (at this point a few stealthers can start heading south to cap things).

6. After Galv -> go-to cap IBgy and a small group cap/watch over IBT.

7. Have some Defenders recapping things as needed throughout the whole game.

8. Start killing things south of IBgy as it is capping -> when cleared go cap cap TowerPoint (can do this during IBgy being capped or after it is capped).
    7a. Stealther should be getting things ready for south push by capping things but primarily getting FWgy just as the raid is about to push south).

9. Have some Defenders recapping things as needed throughout the whole game.

10. Move south and have a group of 2-5 defending FWgy as the rest push into FW keep.
    (the goal at this point is not to cap towers and then FW relief hut, but to take it all.)
    8a. KILL Horde defenders/recallers priority if not capping always.
    8b. 1 - So you can just rush FW relief hut and then cap towers or 2 - cap towers and then go for FW relief hut while towers are capping or 3 - just go for all of them but mainly FW relief hut.
    4a. have 10-15 ppl recalling/inside Dun Baldar for Defense if Horde are there/advancing in.

11. Now, If all horde towers are down and all ally towers are up = 0 Warmaster. For every 1 ally tower down you will have to kill 1 Warmaster. For every 1 horde tower up you will have to kill 1 Warmaster.
    9a. If there are warmasters -> let tank pull 1 Warmaster outside and kill them 1 at a time. Can be doing this as relief hut is almost capped.

12. After all Warmaster -> kill Drek.

Your welcome. Stop letting horde beat you up while you are mounted/running somewhere and fight back.

4 Likes

Nice try. But you’re wrong.

12 Likes

No, everybody who’s played since 2006 knows SFgy is a instant loss. Every game I’ve won = no capping SFgy.

3 Likes

If you let us have SF, you are almost certainly losing.

12 Likes

Well…if it is true that Alliance have 15-20 AFK every game, that needs to be fixed first. You will never win if half your team is AFK.

Horde generally have 5 or less actively AFK…

7 Likes

SF is an infinitely better GY for Ally to have than Stonehearth.

But feel free to keep spreading propaganda.

6 Likes

Oh, is that what that trinket is for? :crazy_face:

Thank you so much for hordesplaining all of this to us! (never played the current map as alliance, huh? yeah it shows).

8 Likes

Lol, u guys have a GM (10+ years of vanilla exp, with GM/HWL achieved on retail vanilla, private servers and GM on classic now) telling you how to win and all you do is think u r right/complain about the strat. Go ahead and continue your way of doing AV… i’m already done with the grind. GL

3 Likes

They will. Let em. They don’t want to be helped. I’m done trying to help them. Can’t help people who don’t want to be helped or won’t help themselves.
If I want real pvp that’s what twinking is for. Those alliance twinks want to fight for the sake of fighting. Been a blast.
Let the true neckbeards have the 60 bg’s. They will quit sooner than later. Lol.

If you want us to take you seriously, try posting on an actually alliance classic toon.

Also, that strategy does not work against 30+ horde defending at all times… let me repeat that… AT ALL TIMES!

Now, let us know how to fix the 5-10 people that afk just about every game? also, how do you fix people actually caring? In over thousand games I have seen stealthers actually stealth and go for southern towers/GY (you know to force horde to spread out even thinner) only once or twice at most.

Someone mention on another thread why the alliance won a lot when AV first came out. Because horde were also playing the rush game and losing. They then changed their strategy to all out defense all game. Alliance have yet, to adapt and I thought they ever will.

5 Likes

Grats. I’ve been playing since launch in 2004 myself. Achieved Field Marshal and dropped out to get a superior raid weapon instead.

All those ranks mean is that you have more free time than 99% of the playerbase.

9 Likes

Pretty much. Honor per hour grinders aren’t fun to play with. About the only good thing xrealm bgs has done is create thriving twink brackets.

5 Likes

As someone who has recently lead a number of AVs (pugs and part premades), some of this advice is pretty worthless. I’ll prephase my statement with saying that my record in the past 6 games (that i’ve kept track and AVs I’ve lead) is 4-2. Significantly higher than the abysmal ~5% alliance win rate in AV. Also I have immense pvp experience across all platforms.

I will only discuss strats that previously/currently work in Classic AV.
If I could summarize the current AV meta for an alliance win, it reminds me very much of a well fought out AB game. A lot of call outs, fast rotations, defend defend defend.

One thing I will note since I play both horde and alliance, is that the amount of effort that goes into me winning a horde AV game is infinitely less than the amount of effort I need to put in in order to win as alliance. (I put 0 effort as horde, and I have to put all my effort as alliance) which includes dealing with the naysayer pugs that think they know better (trust me, they do not).

First: the days of running past horde is long gone. The horde have adapted and will intercept any alliance squad and wipe the raid. Every time. Stop doing it. This is not week 1 AV. You must actually play the battleground.

Although the map in many avenues horde favored, there are other aspects that are alliance favored (although minimal). Alliance need to use this advantage and abuse it. One such example is that the distance between SHGY and SFGY is shorter than the distance between IBGY and SFGY. As a result, the alliance have a faster response time to back up SFGY than horde do.

Therefore, at the start of the game, Alliance MUST MUST MUST defend SHGY at all costs. IF you lose SHGY before you cap any other gy you may as well say goodbye to the game. IT’s OVER.

There is an intricate balance between defending SHGY while attacking SFGY. Again, SFGY is closer to SHGY and faster to backup. Always fight horde. Crush Horde. Clear horde from Balinda, SHGY, on the way to SFGY, etc. Fight tooth and nail for everything around SFGY. CAP it and hold it. Call out INCS well ahead of time. Reinforce, reinforce, reinforce.

If stage one of the game is successful (Capped SFGY) then you move onto the next objective, LTs, Galv (if the team wants), and most importantly IBGY. The horde are relentless, and any good horde team will constantly pile bodies into SFGY. Reduce bodies at SHGY and further backup SFGY and begin pushing toward LTs, Towers, IBGY.

The strat here depends on how the horde are responding. But if you have SFGY you can let go of SHGY and begin the race to win the game on even footing.

Again, it is important to play the game the right way. DO NOT GIVEN HORDE ANYTHING EASY. NO EASY BUNKERS, NO EASY CAPS, NO EASY LTS, NOTHING!!

Fight for every inch of the battleground.

And most importantly, PLAY TO WIN! Enough with the defeatists attitude. You q’d for an AV, F the statistics, fight your heart out, and hopefully you have someone like me in your AV game trying to lead you to a W.

I will not discuss my entire AV strats on any forum, but I can assure you that if you manage to cap SFGY while holding to SHGY then you are off to a great start, and there’s a strong probability you will get a lot of honor from the bg and have a great shot at winning.

15 Likes

You need a group of 40 players that care and after 3 hours of AV after AV you are lucky if you get 20.

Horde wait an hour and are very motivated to win when they get in a match.

Faction balance is the problem. Not strat.

1 Like

SFGY is useful to have… but in the end, it’s really important to control the GY’s further south. Having FWGY and FWRH were imperative back in the day. We frequently left IWGY if we had SFGY or SHGY, that way the horde would spawn further north after they were killed. This was done while some folks killed (or attempted to kill Galv.)

Once we soft-capped the graveyards, we’d set up a small defense team, and send out other teams to work on towers.

There were also teams that would work on back-capping. None of the teams were really set in size… Frequently, they’d start off smaller (2 or 3 depending on gear and composition) and grow if needed.

We also did not bash folks on regular mounts… they were not expected to rush south, and usually ended up guarding friendly territory.

1 Like

Great Job Hamsterboat. Yes, holding SHGY and capping SFGY is best start to any game win or lose. I agree 100%… the thing with alliance is they for some odd reason hate to play defense. Also, you have to pay attention to what horde does because even though we give them SHGY they will not give up on SFGY and will attack it from both sides (IBGY and SHGY). All the while alliance are spreading themselves too thin… going after Galv or LT’s or even towers before IBGY is capped. Its very hard to defend both IBGY and SFGY with 30+ horde defending.
I do love having a defensive game plan and back capping stuff and again agree with you about making it hard on horde to push forward.

This game could be way more fun then what it currently is, its so sad.

I wouldn’t say it’s that they’re motivated by the queue time, so much as that the queue time weeds out anyone with a more casual attitude about playing in the BG. The people that suffer through those insane queue times are the ones who are really interested in playing and winning, whereas any Alliance player near a battlemaster can just hop over and join for the lols, because they won’t have to plan a significant part of their day around it.

I do agree that it boils down to faction numbers, though.

3 Likes

I’m not sure you can’t blame faction balance for players actually TRYING. If you’re actively choosing not to care then whatever happens is your fault.

Doesn’t really matter what graveyards you cap if your strat is “Run around chasing anything that moves until you get thinned out enough to get pushed into your cave.”

This is why alliance has been losing.

1 Like

Quoting to re-iterate how important this is. Even after another GY cap, you should hold on to SHGY. Both IBGY & FWGY are easy for the horde to recover.

Unfortunately, not only did pre-made alliance group screw pugs, they also screwed the mindset of the pre-made players. There is a lot of honor to be had in defending (especially SHGY).

That being said, even holding SHGY: Alliance will still probably lose. But, there is a chance that they will win.

1 Like