Allies Unite and Boycott all BG PVP 2/18/2020 at 10:00AM

Yup. 100% agree. I’m just taking a stab at making the end occur suddenly because I love PVP in this game. I want to PVP. I dont just want to quit forever and give up because the game is not designed properly.

There isnt any Horde support because what you all are demanding is silly. It just screams to me that you are too lazy to figure things out

Lol. You dont remember when horde boycotted AV? They boycotted for a long time

2 Likes

Lets scroll back a few months BLIZZARD THEYRE QUEUEING AT THE SAME TIME AS RANDOM PEOPLE THEYRE ON DISCORD WITH FIX THIS

3 Likes

This was an issue. Just not the only issue. Now that that the first issue is solved were able to see the next one. For the record I never supported the premades or zerg Drek and was pretty frustrated the first week when i didnt get to do any PVP at all.

What does that even mean? Individual players are supposed to put in the effort of trying to figure out how to completely overhaul how tens of thousands of players approach PvP?

That’s an awfully high requirement to get to enjoy PvP. It’s easy to say things like that when you play the easy realm and can lazily queue AV and afk your way to 99% winrates without putting in any effort whatsoever.

1 Like

Yeah and the funny part is that if they did then what they do now, they wouldve been winning.

Alliance quit queuing because AV is screwed BLIZZARDDDD 4 HOUR QUEUE PLZ FIX NOW!!!

I also sincerely doubt this moment will gain any traction either

This is where its headed either way. Its not fun anymore. If we do it now, maybe they will fix it and I can still PVP instead of just gradually letting it fade into non-existence.

2 Likes

The premades were a major issue. One of the issues were Alliance players being stuck with 20 players for half a game. Wasnt very fun for both sides

If everybody boycotted then instead of being 33% Afks/ bots it would be 100% bots. That could work out just fine for Horde :joy: unless of course there weren’t enough bots.

1 Like

Yes and a 3 hour queue based on your estimates.

I mean honestly what do horde think blizz will do there is 400 alliance in queue and 5000 horde there is nothing blizzard can do to fix that… I mean they could let horde play bots lol I think that will come before AV is fixed

There would probably be at least 2X that many allies in queue if the game was actually fun to play and felt even remotely fair. I find it funny that I’ve said 5-6 times now that AV is no longer fun and not one ally has stood up to say that theyre having fun in AV.

The “premade” issue, and the “alliance premades are screwing over their teammates” issue are separate. You could fix the latter without inhibiting the former. That’s what they just did with WSG.

AV premades gave Alliance an instrument they could use to close the gap between realms (whatever the reason for that gap is). Am I sad about it? No. I don’t care. I hated AV, anyway. But it really was probably the best “solution” they had.

Unless WSG evolves to become more puggable (which may be happening), they are in a lot of trouble.

Even this doesnt bring back the fun factor for me. I cant just keep doing one BG over and over because the other is broken. Oh wait now theyre both broken. Wonder how the we will ruin AB?

1 Like

Interesting how in this exact same BG back in 1.12 Allies used to win most games. Suddenly it is impossible? It couldn’t possibly be that half the Allies this go round AFK and the other half have bad attitudes that are not conducive to winning.

Allies screwing over their own faction and blaming Horde/Blizz for it. Classic.

Good luck with your ‘boycot’. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

I think they are better off having AV be a more casual-accessible (for both sides) BG, anyway. AV gives you a lot of flexibility to zerg around, try to cap objectives in small groups, focus more on PvE, or whatever. WSG is more prone to min-max tryharding (which is totally ok, but can present problems for casuals).

But, like you said, right now it’s pretty brutal for Alliance pugs/casuals in either BG.

wPvP can still be awesome, but a lot of people aren’t into that for whatever reason. So there aren’t a ton of options for Alliance players that don’t have regular WSG teams, or don’t want to spend an hour trying to throw one together just to be able to get to play the game.

Lots of Alliance, myself included, think AFK’ing and attitude is a major part of the problem.

The difference is that I view both map balance and attitude/afk’ing issues as systemic issues that are (mostly) out of the control of individual players.

The most skilled players in the World on Alliance side can solo queue AV and lose 90-99% of the time. Level 51 semi-afk’ing fishers can solo queue Horde side and win 90-99% of the time. It’s not a “git gud” issue unless “git gud” means "change the way your entire realm plays the whole game.

When level 51 semi-afk’ing fishers get to win almost always because their realm is overstacked with PvP’ers, there are underlying issues that need to be addressed beyond just “get gud scrub”.

2 Likes