Allied races not showing up on character creation screen

where are you seeing Newcomer, I have seen no tag stating newcomer. I am also having this issue. going to try the swapping servers. I once had a toon on a PvP server but I no longer know what server that is, I had delete the toon. I read someone else was able to fix theirs by relogging into the server they once had a toon on.

Both my characters (Level 50 and 21) auto-join the ‘Newcomer Chat’ when logging in (A yellow message in the chat window telling me that I’ve joined the Newcomer Chat and Guides are available to help me out). I don’t know if there are other ways to see the Newcomer status.

I am level 50 this is so stupid and unfair that tomorrow is shadowlands and I still cant have my allied race ready for it and cant only see myself falling behind from everyone else because a blizzard issue, I unlocked the achievements and prerequisites to unlock void elfs and lightforged draenei and theyre only replay is to wait… guess best is to call my bank and get my refund for sl and the 6 months of playtime since admin is not doing anything about this huge bug.

1 Like

I have toons on 2 servers, one server has only 2 toons, one of which is level 1 and is the only toon that is telling me that I am in newcomer chat. I no longer play the toons on this server, I am going to delete that toon and see if that fixes my issue.

when i try to leave newcomer chat, it says unable to manually leave chat… delete all characters???

i also tried this for an hour, tried everything i could not leave newcomer chat, deleted the character. reloaded the game and still nothing. super frustrating been trying for almost 5 days now.

deleting the 2 toons, that did nothing for me as well, at my wits end.
going to hope that it will be fixed, and finish leveling the 2 charters I have left to reach 50th
good night

i just logged on and wasnt a newcomer been playing on the acc for about a week

Well so much for levelling a kul tiran warrior before SL…

also having this problem. deleting characters etc did not work. i don’t want to just wait to have the tag removed, i’m already level 50 and looking to boost a vulpera alt

I just looked at my banners at the embassy and it says that my lvl 45 achievment hasn’t been unlocked, even though I have it unlocked. That may be the root of the problem for most people?

I think you also need 30 hours online /played time a character in addition to being 20+ lvls for the newcomer status to go away(my experience on 2 battle nets)

still not working , anyone have a fix for this , seems like a waste of 60$

2 Likes

having same issue please fix or will request refund

omg newcomer status this is not what expected when i heard the shadowlands was coming out on the 23rd and ive played this game for almost 8 seven years now

If this is not fixed by the Shadowlands launch I want a god damn free race change or a full refund.

6 Likes

My partner unlocked the Vulpera last night and all of a sudden his Allied Races showed up in his character creation and he was able to make them.

Yeah I have been having this problem as well. I have Vulpera unlocked as of yesterday and I am not allocated to any newcomer chat. So, I’m just hoping for a patch to be sent into Shadowlands fixing the bug for everyone.

1 Like

My son’s account still can not see Allied races. Could this be related to newcomer accounts?!

That seems to be the only thing we have that is different.

He put in a ticket, they responded with an apology and a “We’re working on it”…that was Friday. He opened another ticket after the small update that went out Saturday that did not address it, but they haven’t answered it yet…

Hopefully they can offer a free race change for effected accounts… That seems very reasonable… Pretty frustrated by the whole ordeal.

4 Likes

After much research I managed to solve it, they do not explain anywhere how to stop being novices but in addition to being level 20, it takes 30 hours of play with that person (if it does not make sense) you can see how many hours they have been with the / played command at overcome the
30 hours you just need to leave and re-enter with the character and you will graduate. I hope this can help you