Allied Races not appearing

show me which article. copy and paste it and please read it first when you do.

If you insist.

“I you discover a new issue, please submit a new Bug Report.”

Right above the note at the bottom of the article. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I already did. Thanks for the helpful info…some people.

No kidding about that, that’s for sure.

My fingers are crossed for another cause and fix for y’all.

Sorry for the confusion folks. From what I could find out the fix is in the works, but may not be able to be applied until maintenance next week. I’m working on getting that Support Article updated so it doesn’t confuse things.

2 Likes

Next week? That’s a little uh, not right… My sub time is lasping because i’m playing characters I don’t wanna invest the time into because I cannot create the race I want…

2 Likes

I totally understand, Grincaird. There are usually a few different kinds of bug fixes, those that can be implemented through a hotfix and those that require a client side patch or maintenance period to put into place. It sounds like this is the latter.

If that changes or I hear anything else I’ll be sure to post an update.

1 Like

So we all have to wait … another how many days to make new characters with allied races and pay for it ???

They have scheduled maintenance on Monday this week from 7am to approximately 11am PST and the hotfix is supposed to be implemented during that maintenance.

2 Likes

I also had this problem but it disappeared after I reached 30 hrs of playing time on a new character! I went to character creation after hitting 30 hours on a new character and I saw the allied races pop up.

1 Like

The short story, as Jetsum mentioned, is there is a hotfix that should go in on Monday.

The long story is that we as players need to sit patiently while bug fixes are rigorously tested to make sure they don’t cause any other problems when they are implemented, and there is *no ETA (*no estimated time of arrival) on a lot of these things.

The monthly sub, or variation thereof, means that you are paying for access to Blizzard’s servers, plain and simple. Not a specific type of character race or class.

3 Likes

This did not work for my daughter. She has 32 hours played and haven’t been able to create a vulpera or a High Mountain Tauren that she unlocked for nearly 2 weeks now.

It should be fixed this week after maintenance.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/issues-with-blizzards-response/756771/7
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/274962

With restarts today, this should be cleared up. If a character on your account has over 30 hours played, you should be removed from Newcomer chat and able to create an allied race character (assuming you have unlocked them normally).

3 Likes