Allied Races not appearing

Hello, all! I recently finished the Highmountain Tauren allied quest line, got the achievement, mount, everything. I did the embassy quest as well, but when I go to character creation, I see no allied races at all. I have even tripled check to make sure I didn’t miss anything, is this maybe a bug?

for more info, I’m a returning WoW player and currently doing a recruit a friend with my uncle, as well as pre-purchased shadowlands. I have a max character on both horde and alliance.

1 Like

Yeah, this seems to be happening for some people but not everyone. When I log in I can see all the options for allied character creation. But there have definitely been reports that this was happening.

I don’t recall seeing anything confirming it was fixed yet unfortunately.

Best thing to do is keep checking the character creation screen to see if they show back up.

1 Like

and I shall! its no biggie to wait until its resolved, was just curious if anyone else had the same problem. I initially thought it was because of the recruit a friend, but now realize that its not just that. Thank you for your response! :smiley:

edit: Its fixed! it seems to be when i was in “Newcomer chat” it still treated my account as new, but since ive “graduated” from newcomer status, it seems to register that my account is an actual running account. i hope this helps anyone else who has ran into this problem!

3 Likes

How do you “graduate” out?

4 Likes

It is said that you have to level a character to 20 and it is suppose to remove you from the chat.

Correct, and you should also be able to leave the chat manually as you would any other chat channel.

1 Like

It seems it’s not possible to leave the newcomer chat manually(with /leave)

Huh, that’s counter to what I have been told but it’s possible something changed since I initially received that info.

But it should auto-remove once the system knows there is a level 20+ character on the account. Though I have seen some reports of that not happening right away.

Yeah unfortunately my account is 5 days old with a level 50 in it but it still has newcomer status and I have the same issue :frowning:

Same for me, my EU account is decades old but I had to create a new US account, that now has a lvl 50 and a lvl 21 and I’m still considered a ‘Newcomer’. Can also confirm that manually leaving the chat is not possible:
“Unable to manually leave chat channel: Newcomer Chat”

Getting the same issue, both with allied races and newcomer chat. I just came back from a long break and have several characters well above 20, and got a character to 50 recently and I’m still in it. I am also unable to leave manually.

Same issue here. Fingers crossed it gets fixed soon!

I think you also need 30 hours online /played time a character in addition to being 20+ lvls for the newcome status to go away(my experience on 2 battle nets)

If this is not fixed by the Shadowlands launch I want a god damn free race change or a full refund. YOU HEAR ME BLIZ?

Cool your jets, Nobody here but us players. The devs don’t come here for player requests and feedback. If you want a refund go here…

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/services/334/1678/solution

4 Likes

Same here. Just played 16 hours straight to get my lightforged draenai, leveled to 50 and did argus and the scenario, turned in the quest, got the achievement, can finally play Shadowlands after dropping 80$, aaaaand nope. No allied races on the screen. Also for some reason cannot leave the newcomer chat.

I just don’t understand…
First of all what is the point of these restrictions??? New players cannot make allied races or use chromie? WHY? It makes no sense. Most new players would probably play enough to get out of the newcomer status before they even hit 50 so what is the point of this system? To burden experienced players who made a new account?
Secondly, why is there no way to leave the newcomer system???

What in the world are they thinking. Utterly disappointed. I submitted a ticket. I hope at least they can provide me with a free race change because I’m forced to play another race than that I want after doing everything required for it, due to a bug.

4 Likes

Also can not get the allied raced. i got the acievements needed for void elf and the drenai one. did a little quest line for each. but they didn’t unlock. i resubbed to play those characters too. is a sad. any news on when this could possible get fixed?

doesnt look like its on the next patch notes.

same problem here, complete BS

This is happening to me as well. I wanted to play as a Vulpera in the expo, did the quest, got the achievement and wasn’t able to create them. I have a level 53 and still have the new player thing. Might be related?