Allied Races in 8.3.5

More want mechagnomes than void elves.

1 Like

I hope blizzard releases more Info, we missing out heaps Blizzcon didn’t even mention next heritage armour set they working on…

To be fair this Blizzcon for WoW didn’t have much info…

I ended more hyped for Diablo 4 then WoW

1 Like

Vrykul is the only correct choice for Alliance female warrior. Humans are too skinny, dwarves and kul’tirans are too thick. Vrykul are just right.
I don’t remember or care how much of an issue they have with humans. I feel like Legion would have been the best place to add them, so it’s too bad that’s passed. Instead we get WoD races even though the whole story-line was dredged up and left hanging.

Now that The Burning Legion is “defeated”, how about some eredar? Maybe there’s still some lore room in Shadowlands expansion. It’s really strange that The Burning Legion have just completely evaporated.

and speaking of recently defeated, and Nazjatar races, naga? I mean one clan joined Illidan, so that’s not impossible. Just as long as they don’t change their anatomy, like give them legs or remove the 2nd pair of arms.

1 Like

She did side with them during the Vol’dun questline alongside the rest of the Voldunai and never really complained about it, even if she constantly talked about the sethrak as enemies her issue was never with the race but with the faithless, she just never referred to them as such because at this point I think she didn’t even know they called themselves that.

For her to be against it means the Faithless had be the ones to join the Horde or even worse, the Alliance, but that would make even less sense considering not only we did not quest with them, but killed their leader, tried to foil their plan to raise Mythrax (even though we failed) and brought Sethraliss back to life.

2 Likes

I would want,
High elf’s for alliance and Red/fel dreanei for the horde. ( Ever since, I saw them in TBC. I wanted them. )

Edit: finally, I can play as Kil’Jaeden or Eredar Twins , Lady Sacrolash and Grand Warlock Alythess

2 Likes

I’m sure it’s going to be:

Alterac Humans for Alliance with the same look as stormwind humans (With Unique 3D Skeletons™ no one can see)

Ogres for Horde (With 100 clans each with their customized look and feel with the choice to choose a unique voice and their own storyline)

4 Likes

I feel like the Uldum Accord rep could be pretty open in terms of a grind for a race if they do add more. On the ptr for unlocking the rep they say it’s composed of “Wastewanders, The Explorer’s League, and his tol’vir to protect Uldum.” Who’s to say that Blizzard can’t use a rep unless it’s super specific to the allied race. :snake:

4 Likes

Just giving high elves as last slot for Alliance might actually get these demands that’s been going on for more than 5 years eventually stopped. Ogres/Moknathal or Sanalyn or Vrykul for Horde would be nice since they need more human like race for a change.

I truly hope they decide to do the squish and revised leveling as a pre-patch to 9.0. That would be a great 8.3.5 right there.

3 Likes

HE are already a playable race

8 Likes

It’s entirely possible they pull another void elf scenario out of the hat and use the Uldum Accord to give us a race almost completely unrelated to it, but I strongly doubt they will. The Waveblade ankoan seem interested in the Alliance, and are referred to as friends and allies by some pretty major leaders throughout Nazjatar. They already have a reputation too, so it’s not a big leap that they could end up playable alongside gilblins from the Unshackled.

Alternatively, if gilblin customization is rolled into goblins with the Shadowlands update, then the Rajani mogu could work as the Horde allied race counterpart to ankoan.

Meh, they introduced Vulpera which were not THAT more connected than any other race we helped in other zones (I wanted to play Tortollan lol)

But same goes with a lot of other allied races… so in the end it’s up to Blizz. Most people are just voicing their wants, when Blizz is either looking at core faction story-related stuff… or stuff like Vulpera that will bring in more players 'cause a lot of people like the furry foxes.

I’d be happy with that trade off. High Elves for the Alliance and Man’ari Eredar for the Horde. It’d be a ironic twist on the TBC races!

4 Likes

Dwarves are thick, Kul’tirans are for more then thick… hahaha Let’s be honest, theirs a reason why they the least played allied race.

I think High Elves for Alliance and Ogres for Horde, finish the OGs of the factions, but for difference I was hoping Sethrak for Alliance, they need more appeal, especially with Vulpera for horde…

Honestly I’ve been Horde main since Vanilla, I just look at Alliance and I see bland races… theirs literally not one Allied Race or Core race that gets me saying “ hmmm maybe alliance this expansion”.

Humans - Bland, we in a fantasy game.
Draenei - Space goats…
Night Elves - Male casting animation… Nuff said… worst in game.
Dwarves - Bland
Gnomes - Smaller Dwarves…
Worgen - casting animations :neutral_face:, hate how you can’t customise human and Worgen seperate…
Pandarens- least played core race… I wonder why…
Void Elves - Missed Oppertunity for High Elf.
Kul’tirans - Least played Allied Race, blizzard doesn’t understand size does matter :joy:
Dark Irons - re skins
Light forged - yellow space goats…
Mechagnomes- abomination…

Like Night Elves are remotely the only Alliance race I’d play but that Male casting animation just kills the race for me every time… how blizzard can think elegant night elves cast with some sort of headache attack is so ridiculous.

1 Like

I doubt they would make Mogu a race, I don’t think Blizzard would want to add a keeper race to any faction.

1 Like

That’s probably true but they do have males and females around now.

Saberon for horde, almost 100%. It was hinted at by a developer in a blizzcon interview when people were asking about the Mag’har scenario- other races escaped to Azeroth. At the end of the scenarion, you see a group of the saberon and plant people running off into the desert of Durotar to the south.
Also i have some inside knowledge that Saberon have been fully modeled and rigged for a while now, and can be activated at the flick of a switch should the need arise.

I suspect some form of redeemed undead for alliance is unavoidable. I am actually quite excited for that. Uther’s tomb rework in 8.0 was not for nothing. Calia will not lead the Forsaken, and a blizzcon interview confirmed this. Daelin Proudmoore would never join the horde. They will just gather those who want to return to Stormwind with them and bless them with the light or something. At least that’s what seems most likely. I am not as confident as with the Saberon. More like 85%.

There will definitely be another wave of allied races, possibly in 8.3.5, or a 9.0 pre-expansion rollout (when they change the leveling system prior to Shadowlands content).

3 Likes

I just want to see how Blizzard will breast-feed a fish or how Blizzard will fix those hideous jaws, if for a long time, one of the complaints about worgen were their faces in no facial expression possible.

Not to mention that ankoans wear night elves skeleton and is just missing worgem to have their allied race in the alliance and I don’t know why worgen would recruit the cod people who don’t even share the skeleton with night elves.

That would be good, wouldn’t it?

The funny thing is that the horde players themselves say that but Blizzard still doesn’t accept that if we don’t make the ally lore a little less pathetic or we give allied races with the same empathy as those given to the horde, ally always will be seen with something bland.

Without any customization as significant as the ones we see being created for humans, dwarves and trolls, it would be another bad choice for blizzard for the alliance.

1 Like

No, I don’t think it will happen in 8.3.5. I think they would’ve announced them either at Blizzcon or before it. And I don’t think they have ever released AR’s back to back. 8.3 will be Vulpera and Mechagnome so 8.3.5 would be way too early for them. If we got an 8.4 I could see them possibly being there but I feel like 9.1 will be the earliest we get Undead and Worgen AR’s because they already said that 9.0 Shadowlands will not have any AR’s.

They don’t have to share rigs but they need to have some sort of thematic connection…

Lightforged undead make some sense to me for forsaken. Or maybe the vampire elves but good lord if they add more elves.

Worden seems like a really tough one that I expect they create something like mechagnomes to fill

1 Like