Allied Races in 8.3.5

Ankoan for Alliance, Gilgoblin for Horde!

“Tacking Sethrak to Uldum Accord would be quite easy.

With other characters from the Hearthstone set showing up in Uldum on the PTR for 8.3, they could add Vessina. If she isn’t already planned. She is a Sethrak. Cue quest from her (or even another member of the Uldum Accord). She asks if you know Vorrik. Tells you she has a message, etc for him and if you could bring it to him. You do that. The Uldum Accord wants help taking on N’Zoth’s invasions or some other task (Vorrik is familiar with dealing with Old Gods and their minions and has knowledge on them). Vorrik agrees but may need help rallying his people and reuniting them as one. If you help him with this and help stop N’Zoth, his people may join your faction. With a questline and rep grind of Uldum Accord.

This could make them a Neutral Ar.

Or, it could be Horde or Alliance. Just depends how Blizzard would want to implement it.

As for the possibility of Sethrak being added in Shadowlands, I have thought of a couple options. (I think I have mentioned before but will outline in more detail):

1. Sulthis and Serrik are dead, therefore should be in the Shadowlands. Although, Serrik is likely in the Maw. Players could encounter Sulthis. Maybe he is thankful for what you’ve done in Vol’dun but needs more from you. Prove yourself to the Covenant he is associated with and maybe find a way to free Serrik from the Maw and he will bestow you with something to give to Vorrik or Sethrallis herself that will convince them to join a larger cause. Questline and Covenant rep grind.
  2. Sethraliss has been dead before. She should know the Shadowlands and should have a connection to Bwonsamdii. Perhaps she offers to help you. And also asks you to save Serrik and the other souls lost in the Maw. Prove yourself in Shadowlands and as a friend of the Sethrak and maybe the people who worship her will join your cause.

Uldum Accord rep could still be used by either of these ideas as well.

They’re sort of related to eachother. Honestly it could just be one large idea, but that’s what I have. Please feel free to add on to any of them! And I will edit as more thoughts occur to me.”

^ Pulled my more detailed thoughts on this from the main Sethrak thread.

I don’t truly believe Sethrak would be a neutral AR, if added. Just put it there to cover all potential possibilities. In my honest opinion, Uldum Accord is a strong contender for potentially being used for Sethrak rep grind. Especially with the nods to the Hearthstone set characters.

Even if Vessina isn’t the one for the task. I could easily see the Tol’vir having some sort of relationship with the Sethrak.

2 Likes

Seriously, if covenants do become Allied Races, I have high hopes for the Night Fae, they seem unique and fit into the Alliance theme, I’d make a night Fae instantly :grin:

I’m pretty sure Tyrande will say something rude, and they’ll end up in the Horde!:clown_face:

4 Likes

Alliance need a race to balance of the swarm of Vulpera, let’s hope not…

Heck I’m even making a Vulpera…

Maybe adding Broken Draenei customisation would help, those guys were awesome.

3 Likes

Vessina is a faithless loyal to Korthek though. She’s one of the main villains in the hearthstone expansion she’s introduced in.

2 Likes

One of the things that also makes me feel like they could pull a surprise out of their pocket and do a thing like add more races in 8.3.5, is their unusual move I heard about where they said they replaced some races with other models on PTR.

I remember seeing posts about it like a week-ish? ago. Something about putting placeholder mobs in the place of Vulpera and another race; one of them was naga and it was fueling speculation that Naga would be joining someone.

So since we know that the Vulpera (for example) would be joining, and they never bothered with the placeholder thing before, then why start now? Unusual move.

1 Like

I got money on night elf worgen and (shudder) lightforged undead.

2 Likes

Seeing as the AR DK skins are already out and don’t show any unknown ones, I think we might just be done with ARs all together.

With Korthek dead, perhaps she’ll have a change in tune.

Or!

Use Vessina as a way to get Vorrik and the Devoted on Uldum. She could be the initial quest instead of the quest giver. She flees to Vol’dun with a number of other Faithless loyalists that survived. A member of the Uldum Accord has good relations with Vorrik, they tell the player they’ve seen Vessina and ask you to send word for assistance on Uldum.

Vorrik and the Devoted hunt them down and maybe need help in doing so.
If she gets corrupted by N’Zoth, would make it even more interesting.

Thanks for clarifying too, btw. I don’t play Hearthstone much and what I do know of Vessina, I did not know she was Faithless.

Works better in a way, for my theories/idea to add Sethrak with Uldum Accord.

That is unusual. And with knowing now that Vessina is technically a villain in Hearthstone (though Blizz could tweak it for WoW). It would be reallllly interesting if any Sethrak mobs pop up. I think I recall Vorrik saying he was going to hunt down the remaining Faithless canonically.

Naga are cool (they remind me of Gorgons, Sirens and crocodiles more than snakes) but Sethrak are so beautiful and snakes are so important to me, I would just love to play one in a game I love too. :heart:

Here’s hoping either way. :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

I would totally resubmit for a vampire race!

2 Likes

Kinda wish they would take the ESO route on this one. In eso any race can become vampiric and get skills relating to it.

I wish sl factions were going to do this but it’s too early to tell.

If you could lose your regular racials but gain vampiric skill line I think that would be far better than one AR for one faction.

1 Like

It’s an interesting idea, but I’m not really sure they’d do it. The same idea could be used for Forsaken and Worgen, but I think it would be a bit too complicated with how WoW is built compared to ESO

1 Like

I have no idea, after doing the Vol’dun quests on my Alliance char. The very first thing you’re told about them is that they object to their harbor being peremptorily stolen by the Alliance so you’ll have to just wipe them out. Then you kill a bunch of them and drive them out of their homes.

That’s their first exposure to the Alliance. No idea why anyone imagines they’d join it. Killing the “aggressive natives” while you’re stealing their land always works well…

3 Likes

This is basically everything I want. Light Undead for the Alliance, Saberon for the Horde. It’s like all the xmas presents.

2 Likes

I think they want Sethrak for Alliance, aswell to bring some diversity, Alliance races are so bland and vanilla, then you look at them compared to the horde.

I think Alliance definitely needs some good races to help bring people to play alliance… so far seeing what’s been released for Allied Races for alliance, I’m so happy I’m a horde player…

3 Likes

Okay, but there’s still no in-game or lore reason for Sethrak to have any interest in the Alliance. The Alliance literally starts by trying to wipe them out.

They get CYBORGS and they still complain, so giving them non-generic races doesn’t do any good.

1 Like

Listen I know, but the way lore and blizzard works… anything is possible, hey I’d be happy for Sethrak horde or alliance, just get them playable.

But Alliance do need some races that break the mould and can bring some people to the faction… I know so many players and even guilds gone Horde for Vulpera…

I’ve never seen a guild faction change for a race before.

3 Likes