Allied Races in 8.3.5

Does anyone think it will happen? There is a slot for one more allied race on each faction’s character creation banner, and also another spot for a flag on PTR in the embassies (it’s more noticeable on Alliance). If so, what do you think the options are so far? Personally, I’m hoping for San’layn and High Elves or Ankoan.

17 Likes

I think it’s likely, but I’m not sure what they would be.

1 Like

Well, I’m incredibly shocked that Gilblin are not an allied race after 8.2, so I’m going to have to go with that.

6 Likes

Hopefully. We still need allied races that share the Worgen and Forsaken skeletons.

20 Likes

Well everyone but the Forsaken and the Worgen (And Panderens but some might not count them) haven’t been done yet, despite everyone else has a counterpart.
I don’t even think I consider Vulpera Goblin counterparts (It made sense the Nightborne were Night Elves counter, they were night elves at some point)

So yeah I feel like they will still do 2 or 4 more, if we are including Goblins and Panderens for their allied races too. (I honestly think Vulpera should have just been an actual race, rather then allied, since again all the others make sense, due to being the same as existing races. And Vulpera’s rep shouldn’t have been included.)

4 Likes

TBH they’re basically already an allied race of Humans…

10 Likes

Fair point. Same with the Forsaken and Humans

3 Likes

I’m hoping for Sethrak, preferably for the Alliance. They share some similarities to the Worgen backstory/lore wise. And share model rigging with female Worgen. They are also a counterpart to Vulpera. :snake::crossed_fingers:

13 Likes

Ankoan and Gilgoblins are highly likely, unless there is a new faction grind with 8.3, than it will be our aquatic friends, which will annoy some as Ankoan are based on the Nightelf Skeleton, and Gilgoblins are Goblins with gills.

The unused Skeletons of Worgen, Human, and Forsaken technically is covered as they are all Human. And we got a Human Allied Race, who also had a new skeleton. Making all 4 playable Human races with unique skeletons. And even though Vulpera run the Goblin Skeleton, they are a fully unique race added to lore in BfA.

Which means the next two do not have to be based on any race, and can be a repeat of a skeleton already used.

For visual aid:

Pirmary Race Subrace/Allied Race
Human Forsaken Worgen Kul tiran
Dwarf Dark Iron Dwarf
Gnome Mechagnome
Night Elf Nightborn
Dreanei LFDreanei
Orc Mag’har
Tauren HM Tauren
Troll Z.Troll
Blood Elf Void Elf
Goblin Vulpera
Panderan

However they might make an allied race based on Pandas, a neutral Allied Race, but I kind of doubt it For a lot of reasons. And technically Furblogs are the only other race that shares their skeleton.

4 Likes

Personally hoping whatever Alliance gets isn’t too zany/weird, or if they are zany/weird, they are in a way that makes sense in the context of the Alliance, like how Draenei have strong ties to the light or how the ferociousness of Worgen is countered by Gilnean sophistication. If a race is just weird without counterbalancing and grounding it won’t work well as an Alliance race.

Z. Trolls are really weird in terms of their skeletons. The females are pretty much unmodified Darkspear, but the males’ rigging has more in common with male Night Elves than with male Darkspear.

4 Likes

Awesome chart!! If I can theorize for a moment, I think the Mogu could easily become a neutral race in the future given their relevance in 8.3. This is assuming Blizzard would even want to give Pandaren an allied race equivalent - I feel that given their special case, the existing Pandaren model wouldn’t have to be used. That would be a little odd to see two neutral races with almost the exact same skeleton.

Honestly, Ankoan are what I hope for the most for Alliance. People have BEGGED for jinyu since MoP, and now the species has become relevant again. They’d be missing out on an awesome chance to give the Alliance a fresh-feeling race cosmetically and culturally, even if they do use the night elf skeleton. For Gliblin, however, I’m pretty sure they learned their lesson with Mechagnomes given the player feedback and will just make them a customization option for Goblins.

5 Likes

I would just want a race that has access to Druid that isn’t a Troll, other Troll, cow or other Cow or Night Elf, or fat humans.

I would love to have a decent looking Druid race option.

8 Likes

I know the addition of Sethrak has been somewhat controversial recently, but I would absolutely love to see them added. It would give a different cultural variety to the Alliance, one that hasn’t exactly been seen yet except for the Vulpera. Alliance really deserves an aesthetically pleasing race given the recent addition of mechagnomes (just my opinion).

8 Likes

Probably doesn’t fit your criteria but I think there’s potential for dwarves getting druids via the Wildhammer. They’re more shamanistic yes, but usually when a race can be one it can also be the other.

I would be happy with that. I don’t like Night Elves at all, or Worgen for that matter. Dwarves are okay and by far better than any of the current Druid races.

I was really hoping Vulpera would get Druids. Or Humans since Kul Tirans are human and they can be Druids…

I believe some new work on Mogu, particularly a female Mogu, has been datamined. I wouldn’t count out Pandaren getting an AR just yet.

4 Likes

If Alliance end up getting Ankoan or Sethrak, I think either of these would be fitting for a druid because they’re animalistic in nature and could shed a different light on druidism as a whole. Ankoan could use animal models based on sea creatures or a different variant of the coral ancients in Nazjatar. Sethrak could be, well, reptilian. I love the idea as both since I’m an avid druid main, and Alliance really needs a new druid race lol

2 Likes

At least Alliance has three completely different races for Druids. For Horde you can either be a Troll or a Tauren. The allied races are just moose horns or gold tattoos.

Vulpera should get Druid first just to give the Horde something other than troll and cow 1 or 2.

6 Likes

The fact that they had Vulpera and Mechagnomes as allied for 8.3 makes me believe that a 8.3.5 won’t have allied races at all.

After all 8.3 is not only revealing new content for people’s mains but is also has enabled people to create new alts. With the added bonus of those pre-ordering Shadowlands being able to make new death knights and experience a new starting zone for them as well.

That said if Blizzard does dish out new allied races for a 8.3.5 patch our best guess would be have to look at the existing factions as the allied race system ties a race with a reputation. For example in order to unlock the Vulpera we need to be exalted with the Voldunai.

Thus in looking at the existing the Alliance reputations I think the Alliance could either get Ankoan (Waveblade Ankoan) or playable friendly Drust (Order of Embers).

Looking at existing Horde reputations could net the Horde Gilgoblins (Unshackled), though I find that unluckily with the Vulpera fitting the goblin allied race slot. Furthermore I doubt that blizzard will add a secondary troll allied slot so the Talanji’s Expedition rep is unlikely to be apart of an allied race. Thus after much consideration I think that Rajani could lead to playable Mogu.

Maybe I missed something, but what’s so controversial about Sethrak being added as an AR?