Allied Races in 8.3.5

I agree with the Redeemed/LF Undead. I’m not really sure how I’d feel about the Horde humans though. I feel like that would muddy the waters of faction divisions a bit too much honestly, despite the cease-fire taking place in the story right now.

2 Likes

They can keep adding more slots for more allied races.

2 Likes

I just think the next Allied races will not require a faction grind. The horde need a race that has a connection to one of the alliance races, to counter balance “forsaken” alliance race.

By adding a human race to the horde it also adds potential resource to the horde forsaken. When a human horde dies they can choose to be reborn as a forsaken.

1 Like

They gave us a hint at Blizzcon. They said that some people escaped Draenor, and that they would be relevant eventually.

One of those people being Saberon. They use the Worgen skeleton.

That all being said I don’t think we’ll get another wave of allied races in BFA. I think they’ll shorten the banners and add 4 neutral slots. They’ll be taken up by the Night Fae, Necrolords, Kyrian, and Venthyr. Maybe at one point in Shadowlands we restore balance, but the souls killed in the Blood War would still yet throw off the balance, so the Arbiter gives them new forms and sends them back to the land of the living to rejoin their old families in a new form.

5 Likes

Hopefully we dont’ get anymore elves.

Seeing as high elves already exist and they just name changed to Blood Elves I dont see that happening.

As far as edgelord elves, see Demon Hunters.

1 Like

Can’t wait to see how they make up that a race literally threaded to the realm of death can enter and live in the realm of Azeroth.

I hope we just get allied races from Azeroth tbh. Plenty of those to cherry pick from

Just my opinion :slight_smile:

1 Like

Kyrians. Are. Spirit. Healers. Shadowlands races can ALREADY come and go from Azeroth.

3 Likes

That’s one race and they exist in the Azeroth “death” realm ion was explaining is kind of a mirror of the shadowlands but not exactly. The spirit healers don’t go Any farther than that. Plus they’re tasked as being somewhat reapers that decide whether or not to send you to the shadowlands. Not a race walking around Azeroth chillin.

The one exception though is azuregos and his concubine which is a spirit healer. And I guess val’kyr.

2 Likes

The exact same way a person from Azeroth can go to the Shadowlands? Or the Emerald Dream. They’re not bound to the Shadowlands. Never have been.

2 Likes

Undead = Drakkari undead ice trolls

Worgen = part loa animal forest trolls

Pandarens = those fat blood troll women

I caught that! I’m not going to say that saberon are my first choice, but I wouldn’t mind them as long as they have some sort of relevance. As far as the Shadowlands races, I honestly don’t know if they’re planning on making them playable or not, all lore stuff aside. It’d definitely be awesome, but I just don’t want every new race added to the game to become playable, if that makes sense

1 Like

So what should we want? Something without charm like kultirans?
Something given to placebo as void blood elves?
Something doubly recycled and without any appeal to the alliance that brings prestige or joy like Junkgnomes?

Only the horde can have something good, worthwhile and that arouses joy and not shame?

If we suggest Vrykul, we hear that ‘vrykuls hate humans’ but they say the same of blood elves and we have a bunch of them, painted purple and with the personality of doors, given as a bribe!

Saberon? Not! If they arise they have to be from the horde!
Arakkoas? Are they from Draenor? So they can only go to the horde, because in the alliance, no lore can be created to justify a race like this being presented to the alliance but we can get a bunch of orc maghar to the horde and toast, correct the orc scoliosis.

A short, empty, unjustified lore can be created by a bunch of purple blood elves in the alliance, but can’t something of a new alliance race be created?
Only the horde deserves this vip treatment?

Everything we are having in BfA related to allied races is always a disappointment!

They suggest a race of the undead from the light, as if there were no faction that already had undead.

From what I see, we cannot have something because it either does not fit the horde and bilzzard vision or something cannot be created because either imagination is lacking or there is a fear that if the alliance has something as interesting or desirable as it is vulperas, it might be a kind of heresy!

Can the Alliance have any race that is not ridiculous as murlocs or is that too much to expect?

2 Likes

Tell all that to Blizzard, not me, what am I saying is that some of the expectations are simply nonsense, Sethrak joining the alliance is one of them, it would be the same is if Horde were to say idk, Kul Tirans should join us just because at one point we quested with some of them in Freehold during a small portion of our war campaign.

Try to have realistic expectations.

Now I agree with you that Blizzard is definitely not giving the Alliance the same level of thought they gave Horde when it comes to AR basically since Legion, can’t argue about that, but then again, not our fault, same as it’s not your fault that Blizzard loves to screw the Horde on everything else by focusing everything on the Alliance leadership and basically only remembering ours when they need a villain.

I don’t know that we’ll see another set of allied races in BfA. Maybe. There was always speculation that there would be two more for each faction after the Zandalari/Kul Tirans because of the number of slots.

But I’m starting to think that it’s unlikely. They might simply leave a slot open for now in case an interesting possibility presents itself in the future.

The Nazjatar allies joining up doesn’t strike me as likely, simply because they are so closely related to the aquatic environment. Also the Vulpera are already joining the Horde, and they are closer to the goblin skeleton than anything else. Is another type of goblin really likely/necessary?

If the Sethrak join up, it will be on Horde side. But we haven’t seen any indications that this will actually happen. The idea of lightforged undead was kicked around for alliance, but again, there’s very little indication that the plotline surrounding Calia will lead to an allied race as of now.

While there are very valid points, Sethrak could join Horde. There are still some details that could indicate Sethrak going Alliance. If anything, since Vulpera went Horde, Sethrak could go Alliance just to keep up that whole race conflict. I don’t realllllly see Nisha being completely okay with siding with the Sethrak. Even if the Devoted did help them.

I mean, look how the Nightborne turned out.

All in all, I’m just playing devil’s advocate here. I’d be happy if Sethrak went Horde, just as much as if they went Alliance or were just a Neutral playable race.

I find them compelling, well designed and snakes are my favourite animal and hold some very significant and personal importance in my life. I’d like to see that in a game I enjoy playing and holds some personal significance as well.

3 Likes

Gilgoblins for horde and the funky fish people I see following alliance around- for Alliance.

Or murlocs. Our Ally brothers could use cool race for once

I came up with the idea that the sethrak have most of the faithless rejoin them and when the vulpera find out that the devoted not only accepted them but are trying to bring them into the horde they pitch a fit.
After this they remember those alliance guys and try them out.

3 Likes

It’s a theory I’ve had as well. And is a similarity to the Gilneans/Worgen. Greymane reunited the loyals and rebels under him as a unified people and then rejoined the Alliance. And Vorrik has said something similar. That he wished to reunite his people. Perhaps he will.

And Sethrak already share some rigging with the female worgen as far as models go. :woman_shrugging:

Just some interesting parallels I have noticed.

1 Like

I am not going to rule out the possiblities that there maybe some more Allied Races after 8.3, but at this stage, and in my opinion, I don’t think there is any chance of a new Allied Race after we get Mechagnomes and Vulpera. But as the devs have said, anything is possible.

I am a returning player and when I got to that point I kept feeling like I was forgetting something. Like “that’s it? Just dailies now that I’m done the main quest?”

I wouldn’t even be that upset if it was longer. I was expecting a questline like one of the zones in zandalar had or anything really