Allied races for Worgen and undead: Nelf Worgen and San'layn

i am relaxed, sweetie? dumb reply honestly.

1 Like

A discussion goes as a discussion goes. It’s easy for me to go on a tangent and prove it loosely correlates to a topic.

You seem intellectually honest.

you seem intellectually dishonest

lol we can keep doing this, it’s fine :joy:

Guys snapping at each other will get us nowhere :confused: Some of us want these races and support those ideas, some don’t. We can’t change the opinion of someone that doesn’t want something, much like they can’t change ours. The only thing we can argue is how it fits right this moment, and even then, who knows.

We can argue lore, bring up neat model ideas, and all that all day. But yeah, in the end, Blizzard is the one that makes the decision. We can only present our ideas and hope for the best.

If we become toxic though, none of us will be heard.

1 Like

Then it’s not a discussion really. You come to an agreement or compromise in a discussion. It’s just loud noise if we continue to senselessly go at one another simply to do just that.

I support the proposition of the implementation of a playable San’layn race for the Horde. Bentley is in need of an assistant and a san’layn would be a perfect candidate.

2 Likes

Simply because you disagree that I am not discussing does not mean I am factually not discussing the topic. Though this has become a tangent now.

It has, let’s end it here.

i mean sure, but i give as good as i get. i guess he took offense to me using the word “arbitrarily,” but i didn’t use it to disparage him personally. i genuinely consider it arbitrary to demand blizzard switch gears instantly.

None of the things you’re suggesting are what I said. I would call that a disingenuous argument of my stance.

Amazing post, and reflects the will of the people. The Night Elf Worgen were hinted at in an island expedition as well. The Feralas Warfront would be an amazing way to bring in Goldrinn’s dream worgen back into the fight since he was the ancient that defended Eldre’Thalas (Dire Maul) 10,000 years ago and he has yet to choose a new champion after Varian. The Favor of Goldrinn could be a a mechanic in the warfront that your faction has to wrest from the other faction. Dire Maul should be a place of interest for both factions, since you have the worgen, shen’dralar, and kaldorei on one side and the stonemaul ogres, tauren, and nightborn on the other. The nightborn interracting with Shen’Dralar would be great.

As for San’Layn, their aesthetic is amazing, and they counter the Worgen so well since a true vampyr race to combat the lycan race was sorely missing. They would be perfect for a Gilnean warfront. What I really want to see is a coalition of undead elves, including the San’Layn, Darkshore wardens and rangers, and Sylvanas’ dark ranger elites. Perhaps they all make a pact of blood and unite under Sylvanas to defeat the Gilneans.

Edit:

The dark elves would have a passive flying mount via their wings, and vampiric racials. The Nightbane worgen would have passive bleed and immunity to CC. Claws of the Nightmare, and an ability that turns them into an aberration for a small time.

3 Likes

alright i’m not gonna harp on this anymore after this, but every allied race so far has been shown to have the same formula/pattern. they go with a race already in the game. there are only a handful of races left that don’t have an allied race counterpart. telling those races to move aside now for saberon/sethrakk/broken or w/e is essentially telling blizzard to pivot, basically because you said so. agree to disagree. and nobody’s saying those other races should never come either. but if you take hints from the clear pattern we’re being shown, they’re not in the oven yet.

Don’t bother man, you’re just inviting trouble. Trust me on this, this is what they feed off of.

These are all interesting points. Some of which I didn’t even know of or would have thought to implement into the game. Thank you for supporting these two. I wish I could do more to thank you for this, it’s very intuitive, and could even boost the game’s story and warfront.

Which is also not what I did, still.

As an added edit; Night Elves and Blood Elves got a counter part on differing factions. It’s not as if Night Elves just suddenly got more customization options ala Dark Iron or Highmountain. That alone sets a different sort of precedent, which is all making a playable Sethrakk / Vulpera / Whatever using mostly existing rigging and animations would do.

You’re being a whole lot of assertive over a non-argument.

all allied race ideas can coexist. Let’s just talk about dream worgen and dark elves please. If I were in charge of the story to introduce these two, I would have Sylvanas and her Forsaken, along with a contingent of San’Layn, Darkshore Elves and Dark Rangers all ride up on Gilneas and roflstomp due to the dark elves making a pact, turning the full moon into a blood moon to get an edge over the Gilneans (thus giving us playable vampire elves). Genn, in retaliation, is able to convince Malfurion and Tyrande to retake Eldre’Thalas and awaken the Nightbane pack (thus giving alliance night elf worgen), where the new feral worgen are lead by Genn in retaking Eldre’Thalas. Lorewise Genn wins Goldrinn’s favor, in honor of his late friend Varian

4 Likes

I agree that more elves for the sake of more elves is not good. That why i am against thing like high elf on the alliance or half elves. They bring nothing.

But you are wrong when you say that this is what is being suggested here. What is suggested here would be a solution to two problem .

1: The undead and worgen dont really have a allied race that could make that much sense. Saberon and Sethrak have nothing to do with worgen and everything that is relate to undead ( skeleton, ghoul,etc.) dont even have their own intelligence… Night elves worgen and San’layn are kind of the only thing for them.

1. Contrary of what you said, the blood elves player and the night elf player didn’t really revive a proper allied race. It would be right if the horde would have got void elf and the alliance nightborn, but since the allied race is kind of the ( customisation ) that the player asked, blood elf and the night elf still dont really have a second option.

I dont think that they should be add right now since we already have a lot of elf. But soon every race will have a allied race so elf are gonna have a new one eventually. I think that those two allied race could be a good fit for both worgen/night elf and forsaken/blood elf.

2 Likes

It’s not the only solution to the problem, and the biproduct is still more Elves. The Undead, specifically, absolutely do not need a directly Elven sub race to solve what is otherwise technically a non issue for them. I’ll gladly admit that Worgen are a bit trickier, but it’s not a zero sum game. Very much like how them not being the immediate solution doesn’t mean they won’t be an option in the future (under, possibly, much better freedoms and contexts than to be used as the parallel-racial addition).

How is that not a problem for the undead? What should they get? Stupid light forged undead? Nathanos looking undead? Instead of looking like a horde race the undead would look like a alliance race, way better. The undead dont have enough choice and one thing that the forsaken have and that people want since a long time is dark ranger. The San’layn wouldn’t be that different from a dark ranger who is already considered as forsaken.

Also as i said i dont want them now because we have to much elf compare to the other race. But eventually, the other race will have more allied race and it will be the turn of the elf to get a new one. No matter if you like it or not it will probably happen and if we are to get a new branch of elf, i prefer to get those one instead of stupid high elf or half elf.

1 Like