Allied races for worgen and undead: Nelf worgen and San'layn

Just wanted to say that i would love something like this !

A worgen form different enough from their human counter part and a normal form also different from their elven brothers.

10 Likes

Okay, think of it this way. If you die and are raised as an undead, you are still that race.

But, you are infected with a curse that turns you into a monster but are able to switch back and forth between your original form and your new form, you are no longer that race.

What are you trying to imply? As I see it, both these instances turn you into something else. The only thing recognizable about you would be the traits either of these curses would let you keep.

1 Like

Werewolves vs Vampires!? As Elves? It would be really awesome pair. I don’t think Worgen has any other alternatives for AR anyway.

10 Likes

Yeah its not like worgen can still have a human form… Oh yeah they do. I mean the forsaken have more anatomy change than the worgen. The forsaken cant live like normal human compare to the worgen that can be like any human except that they can shapeshift in something else.

Why would i want a night elf worgen. I want a high elf for the alliance. They are still around and not extinct. Suramar showed them lined up and ready to go with more than enough troops.

They could have a story in thd past just like the pandaran where they will split off to either horde as blood elf or alliance as high elf.

2 Likes

I’d be down, a werewolves vs vampires allied race pair would be cool. Although I kinda think the blood elf allied race was meant to be the nightborne, for the void elves; I’d be surprised if we saw another reskinned blood elf AR.

Psst, pssts!!! Have you seen those great Nightfallen models on Suramar…?

Yes, but somewhere in that bitter, jaded heart of yours, you still have a small glimmer of hope that WoW would depict the San’layn more like the older, frightening version of vampires.

Allow me to stamp all over that with the reminder that the San’layn have only been depicted using the blood elf model so if they were added, they’d most likely lean more toward Twilight than Bram Stoker. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

San’layn aren’t for the blood elves. They’re an undead allied race.

i’m hoping these are the next two races to become allied races. they both make sense. the san’layn have already been introduced in bfa and the neophytes let us know they can produce new ones.

and nelf worgen would make sense for the alliance to try to ally with now, as we know from silverpine that sylvanas is incapable of raising worgen from the dead. with her raising nelf dark rangers, more worgen would be great reinforcements that she couldn’t use against them.

7 Likes

No more elves, Jesus Christ.

We have 4 types already, think of something original for once.

2 Likes

‘See’s current allied races’…too late for that.

3 Likes

copy/pasting my response from the same thread you made in general here:

I mean there’s the Sethrak which were built from worgen models. Now before anyone says they won’t fit in the story, consider that Blizzard is the company that essentially ramrodded Void Elves into existence and into the Alliance. I don’t have anymore expectations for things to make sense anymore, plus I needs to boop them snoots.

As far as realistic expectations, well Kaldorei worgen (while I do like them) feel rather uninspired.

2 Likes

Then give that customization option to the current worgens. Otherwise you are forcing worgen players to reroll their race just to play the same race but with different customization options. That is the same mistake they made with the Lightforged

And just because they made that mistake with Lightforged and regular Draenei doesn’t mean they should keep repeating that mistake over and over and over again.

You do realize you can just make your own forum advocating your own ideas right? I don’t see what your issue is with these posts. You made it known you don’t like these two as an allied race. Complaining about it further on this thread is pointless. What are you trying to accomplish?

5 Likes

Well LF, High mountain taurens, dark Iron dwarves, Zandalari females and maghar orcs are equally or less different from their original race than this so I don’t see your point. This is how allied races works.

This concept art shows horns, tatoos, feathers, and glow, they could also add a bigger size, longer ears, glowing ne eyes etc… This would be the allied race (sharing the same model) the less smilar to its core race.

Obviously more customization option is a better choice and leave another allied race choice but this one seems plausible enough.

5 Likes

I don’t think even Blizzard understands what Allied Race is suppose to be anymore. If I recall correctly, wasn’t one of the points of Allied races was so they can be churned out quickly since they are using animation, etc that are already ingame?

Because KT humans kind of defeats that point (and to a certain extent Zandi Trolls as well).

And do you know what else is “plausible”? Lightforged Undead but that doesn’t make it a good idea.

We should be advocating for races that actually look completely distinct from their “parent” race (like vulperas) and not just carbon copies with slightly different customization options that really ought to be added to the base race.

So just to reiterate, I don’t actually have an issue with these customzation options. I just don’t like the idea of making them exclusive to another allied race, and forcing worgen players who want these options to reroll a different kind of worgen just to have access to them.

It’s a repeat of the Lightforged Draenei and Highmountain Tauren allied race that should not be repeated.

1 Like

A copy/paste thread gets a cope/paste response regardless if I agree with the original post and since not everyone visits both general and story forums regularly I wanted my opinions be made on both threads which highlights the potential issues with your idea.

It’s the same reason why you made multiple posts about this idea. To get your voice heard by as many people as possible.

That is what I’m trying to accomplish.

I totally agree with you about this, it would be better to have this as a customization option but this is more of a “If Blizzard doesn’t want to do completely distinct races” case.
If we can have another distinct race my personal choice would be the Sethrak because their are so cool and seem to share some similarities to the worgen model.