Allied races for worgen and undead: Nelf worgen and San'layn

The Alliance could get night elven worgen alongside the san’layn for Horde. Think about it before thinking they are just elves. More options for worgen customization and aesthetics. A completely different culture that had been isolated from the world for their monstrous bloodshed. They could be called Alpha worgen, Feral Worgen, or maybe even the Nightbane Worgen. Being the original bearers of the worgen curse, they’ll likely have strengths and abilities that are unique and have not been altered or diluted due to their worship of Goldrinn.

Maybe an inborn ability that lets them shadowmeld while hunting their prey. The cloaking and ambush ability rogues posses may be a natural racial of theirs, regardless of your chosen class. Or maybe they’d have a berserker ability called “Goldrinn’s rage” that allows them to do more damage and unleash a flurry of clawed strikes toward their enemies that could cause bleeding or cursed damage over time. Or the ability to summon the wild god himself to aid you in battle for a time. Remember, this allied race would probably be veterans to the war of the satyr, or at least their descendants who passed down their ferocious nature.

Also, San’layn racials. Maybe a passive that allows great strength and haste at night. Or hypnotic ability that allows you a few free shots until the spell wears off. Or better yet, make your enemy fight their own allies. Or a bite ability that acts like a disease that would make your enemies slow and sluggish and do damage over time. If these moves sound like the ultimate devices of a troll that just wants to pester and annoy you, then you’d be right. What can I say, vampires “suck.”

These two would be a classic “werewolves vs vampire” type scenario. Both parties had been weapons shaped by their times and had proven themselves formidable in Warcrafts history. The time is perfect for these two to make a return, war is after-all, what they were made for. Circumstances of war demand there be monsters, this time in WoW’s story, I can think of no other creatures more appropriate.

17 Likes

Honestly, I think San’layn have a pretty good shot at becoming an AR. They were already seen working with Horde forces in the Alliance War Campaign after all.

I keep seeing people suggest Nathanos-esque Forsaken every now and then and the issue with that is that Blightcaller had to undergo a very specific ritual that involved a blood relative.

I suppose an Alternative method could have Sylv raising freshly slain humans but that risks bringing up the dreaded “Mind Control vs Free Will” debate that has been discussed ad nauseam at this point.

The same goes for freshly risen Blood/High Elves for Dark Ranger enthusiasts. Lor’themar would blow his lid if Sylv raised Blood Elves en masse. Risen High Elves are pretty self explanatory as well. I would rather avoid another deluge of salt filled threads tyvm.

This is why I think that San’layn are the safest bet atm. It would satisfy those who wanted to play as one since wrath and the RPers who want to play as Dark Rangers.

9 Likes

I’d rather see Saberon than Night Elf Worgen as an Allied Race. There’s a good bit of potential.

If San’layn are going to be paired with an Allied Race, High Elves would make the most sense.

3 Likes

Problem is high elves would be one more elf then the Horde. The two would possess an elven silhoutte, but are technically worgen and undead, not just elves. The point would be monster vs monster.

1 Like

San’layn are Elves. You add San’layn to the Horde without High Elves for the Alliance, then the Horde has an additional elf compared to the Alliance.

7 Likes

The Bloodfang Worgen are the OG worgen as far as I’m aware. So they are Kaldorei Worgen. The problem is that Kaldorei Worgen would only have a Worgen form with maybe extra long ears and maybe some druid symbols for customization and no Night Elf form because they are incapable of reverting back to their Night Elf form. And being able to revert back into a boring lame human is part of the appeal of the base Worgen race.

If we’re going by that logic, then why not have nelf worgen instead? It would be monster elf vs monster elf. A real beast of an allied race vs just another elf wouldn’t exactly sound fair. Most would just chalk that up to more Horde favoritism.

12 Likes

I completely support the idea of playable Night Elf Worgen.

6 Likes

As has been said, the Night Elf Worgen cannot change back from their Worgen Form. They’re not really elves at all at that point. Meanwhile the Horde does get quite obviously another elf, an undead elf.

My personal opinion is the Alliance should get Saberon since they already use the Worgen Skeleton. It’d also be a good chance for the Alliance to get an Allied Race from Draenor. San’layn should be paired with an Alliance elf, and the only elf the Alliance needs is High Elf.

1 Like

In the druid order hall campaign, you use the scythe of elune to change night elves afflicted with the curse back into their original form.
Check out this link:

A fan came up with this. Imagine what Blizzard could pull off.

5 Likes

No wonder why you cant be pleased… You dont want a possible allied race that would fit for 2 alliance race ( worgen and nightelf) but prefer a horde race and a cat race ( cat and wolf are not even in the same family).

3 Likes

And what do Goblins and Vulpera have in common?

I’d like an Alliance race that has been in Alliance content since WoW began, to be playable; High Elves. I think Saberon can offer the Alliance a race from Draenor, and could be interesting if developed right.

They’re my opinions, but there you have it. I wouldn’t see Night Elven Worgen as an Elven race to be honest. If they’re added, I’ll be happy for those who wanted them, but I wouldn’t consider them to be an elven race.

Video reference for what Andraxel pointed out:

3 Likes

So why are you okay with San’layn. They’re technically not even considered elves. They are undead, by this logic they don’t fit your idea either.

Look, if you want to talk about high elves as an allied race, make your own forum for it. Don’t put mine down to promote yours.

6 Likes

They are undead elves. Still elves.

I’m not trying to put down your thread or your idea. I’m simply stating my opinion. Worgen are Worgen. Once you become a Worgen, you are a Worgen. We don’t call playable Worgen, “Human Worgen.”

1 Like

OKay so you turn them -back- into Night Elves. Doesn’t confirm that they’re then able to change between the forms at will.

Then by that logic worgen nelves are still nelves. You can’t have it one way and not the other if this is the logic you’re applying.

As for turning at will…you do realize that could have also been said for the worgen we play now. In fact, two forms only works if you’re not engaged in combat, which you are all the time if you play the game and go questing. Two forms is not even permanent. Worgen are what they are, as are the san’layn.

5 Likes

A corpse’s race doesn’t change because it starts moving.

Kaldorei Worgen, if done without creating brand new lore and retconing old lore, would not be a brand of elves they’d be a brand of Worgen with elven motifs. If they were going to make them the next flavor of elf for the Alliance they’d have to redo previous story and give them the same ability to swap back and froth between Worgen and Night Elf and honestly I’d rather they just didn’t. I don’t need another Allied off shoot of my favorite race stealing all the positive spotlight like Nightborne, Sin’dorei, and Ren’dorei already do. I’m tired of only being given attention when an group of people need to be slaughter fodder.

1 Like

Wouldn’t this be stealing the Worgen spotlight back from the Gilneas?