Allied races for Alliance are a joke

They did? How do we do this?

Void elf DK > all

I am a Shaman. Iā€™m infinitely more mobile than a DK.

I think Dark Iron Dwarves and Void Elves are amazing but I agree the other three are blah.

I was created by Arthas.

You by his intern.

3 Likes

These aesthetics just dominate all else, a little TOO easily :muscle:t6:

Calm down, Bolvar. We know thatā€™s you.

bro I canā€™t blame you for feeling threatened or replaced or disenfranchised; perfection has arrived :muscle:t6: :boom: :boom: :boom: :point_down:t6:

Which means Horde stuff gets rushed out unfinished, while Blizzard takes their time making a masterpiece for the Alliance.

See: Stormwind
See: Alliance garrison
See: Boralus
etc.

2 Likes

I thought Allies would have got the Snake people , they would have been awesome. If Void Elves had a different model would have been better but all of them horde and allies are copy past basically.

To be fair ā€¦ when Ali got worgen, Horde got ā€¦ goblin. This isnā€™t a knock to anyone who likes the goblins. But Iā€™m not a fan. I tried playing one and the ear piercing screeching when being hit or attacking was enough for me to pay to do a race change.

1 Like

So did I! I basically made a few Horde alts as this system went on. First a Nightborne, then it was a Zandalari, and now it is a Vulpera. These 3 won out of every set of Allied races IMO. So now I have made the switch and going to see how it goes.

1 Like

ah alliance saltā€¦ there is nothing quite like it.

1 Like

This is definitly subjective. Imo its pretty even. Void Elves are a cooler version of the most popular race in the game (or at least BE used to be, idk if it still is). Goats are one of my fav races, if I switched to Alliance thats the first thing Iā€™d make. You see lame goats where I see white demons. Regular dwarves arenā€™t really my thing but the Darkiron look is pretty badass imo. I agree Fat Humans kinda suck BUT they have thee best druid forms imho. I have never been interested in making any druid until I saw those badass forms. I almost want to switch to alliance but I donā€™t want to have to grind the rep to unlock them. Mecha gnomes are like reeeeally cool. One of the most interesting designs to date.

I do like some of the Horde races but I couldnā€™t care less about moose/cow hybrids or tiny furry fetishes.

1 Like

So, youā€™re complaining because the Horde got a new skin on a skeleton while the Alliance got a complete new look? You do know the Kul Tiran models are completely new, including there skeleton?

Something being ā€œnewā€ does not always equate to being good or even wanted for that matter, while something ā€œrefurbishedā€ could end up being far better.
Point being having a quality idea that appeals to your fan base and draws in players and subs should be something they consider a bit better at times.

3 Likes

I have an issue with Horde bias in this game butā€¦

All of the allied races are just reskinned models of older ones. Minus two.

In fact, the only race that looks unique are the Kulā€™Tirans.

In fact itā€™s the exact opposite of that. Horde gets thoughtful effort and iteration (even if the stories still come out pretty bad). Once Horde is done, Alliance gets worked on in whatever time is left and maybe gets one extra pass on the first effort, but usually just goes live with whatever they initially come up with.

Stormwind had a giant flaming crater where the park was for 5 years. Dazarā€™alor is a raid instance with city stuff built in (because the story revolved around ā€œZandalar Foreva!!ā€). And the garrisons were just the Stormwind and Orgrimmar aesthetics in miniature - whether you like one or the other better is entirely up to personal preference.

There is nothing cooler IMO about the most made up pulled out of thin air Allied race with no lore. They just magically appeared because the Alliance needed another Allied race.

I think the overall problem is with the simple reskins when other allied races sure use the rig of an existing race but genuinely look and feel new like the Vulpera. The Kulā€™Tiran are new from the ground up but still are just humans that can be Druids. Less cool Druids when compared to the Zandalari.

The Mechagnome and Gilgoblin should have released together and Vulpera with something like the Sethrak. That is how the races in my opinion should have rolled out. Both factions getting an obvious reskin and something that feels new at the same time. Why not? Why didnā€™t it happen this way? Who thought this way was a good idea? Is Sethrak even planned or is it being saved to try and keep players subbed further in the future? Wish I had answers. Blizzard sure as hell doesnā€™t.

6 Likes

1000000000% agree. 8.3 and every patch of BFA has been a literal joke for the alliance.

2 Likes