Allied Race "Leak": Could it be Sethrak?

Contributed much more if you count the Moonguard as Alliance, since that one NE druid pretty much singlehandedly saved all of the Nightborne as a race by growing that tree.

Thatā€™s silly and I think you were being trolled. DID have been a part of the Council of Three Hammers since Cata.

1 Like

Sethrak will never be added before Nagaā€¦ if we are going to get a snake race itā€™s going to be naga first as people want that more then sethrak.

wouldn;t be hard to do as rebel factions exist in naga
(lore wise, not so much gameplay wise unless you count illidari naga which is a strench)

I never said they are. In fact, Iā€™m pretty sure in my first post I mentioned Sethrak despite them being a more logical choice for the Horde.

Iā€™m well aware the Devs have no idea what to do with the Alliance. That said, despite the story being a dumpster fire, I still like the idea of keeping to logic and rationality. Sethrak going Horde makes as much sense as Nightborne going Horde, which is to say it makes perfect sense because both races had other cultures they had a great deal in common with.

I wouldnā€™t say the Sethrak would stick out like a sore thumb with the Alliance, mind you. I just think itā€™s monumentally stupid to have a nation that owes the resurrection of their god to the Horde, suddenly decide to join the Alliance, especially when two Horde nations (one of which being relatively powerful, the Zandalari) are their neighbors.

1 Like

Honestly, it barely is now, and I hope that the last vestiges of it disappear in Dragonflight with cross-faction guilds. Once that happens I wonā€™t really care what race goes to which faction, as itā€™ll be fairly meaningless.

I know that, but Iā€™ve had several Horde players over the years, in several threads, say Horde should have gotten them because theyā€™re all ā€œdarkā€ and ā€œwere evilā€ and ā€œfit the Horde aestheticā€ better.

Whomever that was is dumb.

1 Like

The Moonguard is/were an independent order from Night elf society and not part of the Alliance, the remainers hid on the broken isles since the order was dismantled after arcane was banned by Malfurion.

2 Likes

What? Weā€™d get Sethrak before Naga because they have a normal skeleton and legs. How are Nagas going to ride mounts?

They are just biased. One look at the race diversity would have been enough to see that the Alliance was in dire need for diversity. Itā€™s not this hard. Both sides needs to even themselves out but they did nothing until it was too late. These are your lead developers, who donā€™t care if you pay them or not because you do not matter.

I never need to worry about the Horde because we are the chosen ones when it comes to gameplay. Story-wise we are always the villains but thatā€™s what you sign up for, even if people donā€™t like to hear it.

We will see about this. They could have released cross-faction guilds by now but even still their stubbornness and pride hinders them to do so. Itā€™s pathetic at this point, you guys are also paying customers.

Eh, maybe. Given how badly even the minimal cross-faction stuff we got in 9.2.5 broke the game, Iā€™m more inclined to pin the blame on the slow process of unraveling 18 years of spaghetti code.

Iā€™m not arguing that Naga should come first, but I think the ā€œtheir skeleton is weirdā€ argument flew out the window when we got Mechagnomes with locked transmog slots, and flew straight out of town when they added Dracā€™thyr who canā€™t mog at all.

They could give them some kind of scaly NE form for mounts, or just finagle some kind of ā€œcoiled up in the saddleā€ situation. Itā€™d probably be weird looking and clippy, but basically every mount animation already is anyways if you look at them closely so thatā€™s immaterial in my opinion.

side saddle - custom mount - Snap dragons
(which are considered naga mounts/pets lore wise)

other mounts use a night elf form (like worgen/dracthyr)

large mounts naga - carpet (THINK HOTS STYLE)

Its impossible for people to be completely unbiased, even developers. That said, the issue is how strongly one chooses to fight their bias in an effect to be impartial and fair.

As far as Allied Races go, its clear they had no idea what do to. Lightforged Draenei and Mechagnomes may be the most glaring examples, as they are literally their original race, just with 110% more of their raceā€™s gimmick. Dark Irons have been in the Alliance since Cata, so they were another no brain choice.

Void Elves and Kul Tirans are where the issue becomes egregious.

Kul Tirans couldā€™ve been part drust. Specifically, the playable ones could have been part-drust. We couldā€™ve had some lore snippets about that larger, taller men and women having drust ancestry. It couldā€™ve even factored into the story of Kul Tirasā€™ politics, with the Proudmoores being so beloved due to their pure human ancestry, while the house of Ashvane, by comparison, had a bad reputation in part because itā€™s noble bloodline was tainted with that of the Drust.

As far as Void Elves go, Iā€™ve given my view on them dozens of times, and I donā€™t want to derail this into a High Elf thread. Needless to say, someone, somewhere, made a mistake, and everyone else who plays WoW has had to deal with that mistake since.

Ok, Iā€™d play one of those in a heart beat.

Donā€™t make them Horde only.

I think the most heinous part about Kul Tiran is that the majority of the raceā€™s NPCs donā€™t even use the big body model. Thereā€™s literally like two characters of note that do, and the rest are normal human sized, and yet players are forced to use the half-giants.

A whole race that could have just been a body shape option.

And I wonā€™t get started on the corrupt-a-wish that were void elves either.

1 Like

I think the wildest thing about the allied races is that they had 1 lead for each faction that specifically dealt with ARs during BFA, and the lead for Alliance ARs is an Alliance main, and it still turned out this way.

they easily be a alliance race.

tie it to a redemption story /naga who still follow elune.

Azshara has already been shown to not be a chaotic villian like say old gods/sargeras - but she will do what she wants for her self (like illidan). but basically a Villian of Order (rulership/leadership)

remember she was planning to screw the old gods till we came in and helped the old gods by foiling her plans. Even if her ultimate goal is to rule Azeroth as queen.

not calling her a hero - but warbringerā€™s clearly showed she cared for her people enough to protect them even if selfish reasons because she wants to LEAD.

and with teldrassil being obliterated be a perfect time to make amendsā€¦ maybe even keep some coals hot for horde blood while restoring a new world tree the night fae gave tyrande. as NOT EVERYONE is going to want peace.

To be fair, Iā€™m not sure those leads had absolute final say. Iā€™ve seen it speculated a producer, Shani Edwards, pushed hard for Void Elves, as an example, and I do not believe she was the Allianceā€™s AR lead.

Also, while Mechagnomes certainly were dead on arrival, I donā€™t think anyone who has legitimately played them can deny there is a lot of polish and attention to detail to that race.

1 Like

itā€™s true it will never give us Blizz to the vrykuls and much less to the ogres

1 Like

Vrykul are yet another ā€œhuman but differentā€ and the last thing the Alliance needs, and I will argue against their addition until Iā€™m blue in the face.

1 Like