Allied Race "Leak": Could it be Sethrak?

LOL. what a good comment

It’s not hard, they simply chose to ignore the Alliance on purpose. Their own tribalism and vendetta brought them to this point. They read the forums, they know how awful everyone felt about the AR and they still continue to paddle back from the Void Elves by making them High Elves. This alone is very telling.

Would likely helped a lot. The Kul Tiran model could have simply been a Human option, they didn’t need to be their own race.

There was no polish. If you don’t remember: It was a rushed project because all the care went into the Vulpera. They even forgot to adjust the heritage mount animation for the Mechagnomes. It was that bad, it landed even on wowhead.

I beg to differ.

Just looking at them its clear how much effort went into them. The motions while idle or moving, the hairstyles and other accessories, even nifty things such as their hands turning into propellers while swimming!

That’s not to say all of this couldn’t, and shouldn’t have been added to Gnomes as additional customization options, I just think Blizzard did a fantastic job on Mechagnomes from a design standpoint. Much better than Kul Tirans who still look awful in most armors to this day.

2 Likes

They still haven’t added the other tints of their heritage armor that would match their other metallic customizations either, so if you want to use the armor you’re forced to either use those colors or just be mismatched. Apparently only Mag’har get multiple heritage armors.

Oh, Shani certainly loved the void elves. She even has a velf NPC named after her.
I also heard some other stories that the OG void elf concept came from one of the artists just doodling whatever, and some others liked the concept so much that it was put in-game.

1 Like

These are simple things to do. The most complicated part is the wiggling to imitate a mechanic feeling, otherwise the rest can be done very easily. They even saved on time by making these hands to propellers in the swimming animation because it did not require much path-wiring.

It’s just a body mass slider. They could easily offer three types of body masses for each race and this would solve the problem. Same goes for the height.

We really should have more body mass options, however, just scaling the bones would make it hard to achieve the “thiccnes” of the current kul tirans. You could still get thicc humans though, just not as thicc. Although I think this is a worthy sacrifice if it saves dev time for more customs.
Especially since at the moment, they spent enough resources on the KT as it would take to make an entirely new core race like the pandaren, and all we got was well the KT.
In the end, I agree with you.

The mechagnomes are quite polished for what they are, and they show that they were cared for, but in the end, they were a poor match for vulpera, and they’re gnomes.

It’s a completely different model, unlike the race you’re currently posting on which is just different customization options for a previously existing race.

People like options, plus vikings are cool af.

2 Likes

They’re larger, tougher humans.

We already have that.

1 Like

no we just have fat female humans and fat bulky male humans

we need tougher/athletic/strongman-woman humans
(what everyone thought kul’tiran would be)

1 Like

I like options that aren’t yet another human or elf variant.

Oh hell no. There’s no way you guys should get both dogs and cats.

You have the dogs, we get the cats.

This is the kind of bad thinking that got us 4 types of Elves and 2 types of Trolls/Orcs/Tauren/Humans/Gnomes/Draenei/Dwarves instead of more unique options.

This is flawless logic tbh

Plus Saberon are primitive animals, they’d be great on the red side (:wink:)

1 Like

Edit: If you go to the port of zandalar you will find 1 male vrykul and 1 female vrykul both are the same size as a zandalari this happened in the bfa expansion

I have no idea what you’re quoting; I speak English.

Oh, the larger tougher humans bit.

You can click the arrow to jump up to the quote:

But to this, I say: what’s the point in Vrykul, then? Just humans but shaggier?

That’s a huge waste of a race slot that could just be customizations.

Yeah, I already edited my post before you posted.

It’s annoying it does his quotes in…Portuguese, I’m assuming?

Gnomes are smaller, weaker, smarter humans.
Dwarves are shorter, thicker humans.
Worgen are literally exactly humans that turn into werewolves.
Blood/Void Elves are just leaner humans with long ears.

Every race in the game is a humanoid. Vrykul are just one more.

You’ve got dogs too. Vulpera. We should get something from AU Draenor, and Arrakoa are already on the Horde with Zandalari Boomkin, so Arrakoa don’t make sense, and Lightforged Draenei are an MU thing.

So, we’ll be taking the cats.