Alliance Winning AV (On AV Weekends Only)

He’s an idiot not much left to discuss when you’re talking to a moron.

1 Like

People don’t play to win games. If winning was the supreme motive 100% of the time games would be alot more fun. Its all about HPH people will even as premades afk out or bow out to preserve the rate at which it’s aquired. THAT is the problem its the focus on hph and not simply winning. Its faster to lose hph wise with fast queues then draw it out and try to win. Sadly.

1 Like

If you could remember in your goldfish like mind where i said you do that BEFORE the gates open, then you just need to call out whats happening in the game. I realize thats hard for you but itll help you out. Again sorry about your education.

You’re going to call out when the perfect time to rush from SHGY and SFGY to take IBGY… before the game starts…?

HAHAHAHAHA

PS - If you’re going to clip out an entire post to harp on a singular piece, out of context, at least pick something slightly harder to misinterpret.

Well, at least we can say winning 9/15 is ALOT more than winning 1% of your games! so thats good

To give an example of 2 games that we lost today that we should have easily won, I took some screenshots of the final tally. The names have been removed to protect the guilty.

https ://i. imgur. com/IFXpOCX.png

Check out which side was getting kills. Our highest HK count person had 109. Horde’s highest HK count person had 41. Something like 30 of our players had more than that. Our highest killing blows count person had 17, their highest was 7. 12 people on our side had the same or more killing blows than their highest person. Notice that the game was over in 23 minutes - some of them say 25 but I was making coffee and waiting for a tower to be destroyed.

They could keep 20 on defense and send 20 on offense. We could not keep up an offense with only 20 players, since we had a respawn disadvantage. We only had something like 8 on defense and even so, even though we were killing them right and left, they were zerging fast and hard enough to IBGY, TP, and FWGY that it was very difficult to hard cap any of them. They reset the caps on each of those at least once, which reset our clock. They beat us simply because they had a massive reinforcement advantage.

The same thing was true in this game, which played out pretty much exactly the same way: https ://i .imgur .com/YDopJjB.png

I challenge anyone to look at those screenshots and say alliance wasn’t winning the battles.

5 Likes

A guy just posted and did 20 games and he won 1 game…he literally made a thread about it.

Grats on a 5% win ratio!! Alliance really stomping in AV!!

No you didn’t.

2 Likes

Hey man, its not good calling other people liars. Unless you have proof that he didnt?

Does he have proof he won 9/15 games?

I have yet have anyone post a SS of these win ratios some are claiming.

I have seen plenty of SS of people going 2/100.

2 Likes

Well you were so adamant on believing the 1/20 guy with the same amount of evidence (none) so to be consistent wouldnt you also be asking for proof from that guy?

Unless you’re just biased and wouldnt accept any counter-evidence no matter how strong since it doesnt fit your agenda lol

Well he did provide a link to his video of his 1 win.

I guess he could of been lying about the 19 losses that followed.

1 Like

100%. During AV weekend on OCE, Alliance are winning 50% of games, minimum.
It’s not a map problem, it’s a player problem.

1 Like

Generally, any incredulity regarding an alliance player claiming a win rate of 1 out of 20 would be people who have trouble believing that he won a game at all.

2 Likes

If it were truly the map that was the issue, then Alliance win rates in other regions would mirror that of North American servers. From what I’ve been able to find, Oceanic and Asian servers have more balanced win rates in the BG. Further, if the map were the issue, then Alliance wouldn’t have won all those games back in Vanilla. The primary issue is the players.

I’ve seen you and one other person assert this but nothing more, some evidence would be nice.

This doesn’t mean what you think it does. The problem with the map is that Horde merely have to choose to slow push and defend, to which there is no Alliance counter. Alliance success is utterly dependent upon the Horde’s chosen strategy.

If Horde want to outrace Alliance, we win more than we lose, because even a tiny fraction of stragglers defending Vann can hold there for awhile thanks to the bridge.

If Horde want to slow march it and defend, Horde win overwhelmingly, because Alliance have no viable counters outside of dramatic overgearing, outplaying, etc.

In Vanilla, Horde often raced, but also in Vanilla, both sides were played by what would be handily called today “bads and casuals” because almost everyone in Vanilla was pretty wet behind the ears with the game and their class.

The “Horde strat” that you think of are just Horde playing the game normally.

Here’s the Horde strat:
“Call out where the alliance are” to fight them (and to defend IBGY if it gets attacked since everyone knows about the choke obvi). So the only reason why the Alliance loses to this strat is because they are either bad, undergeared, afk, etc. since all the horde are doing is just engaging the alliance in PVP. IF the alliance actually won these fights, then this strat wouldnt work.

Then just use this same strategy? Hold the bridge and push with another team. Horde will still go back to defend since they want their bonus honor, need to protect primalist and Galv buffs etc.
But the reason this strat doesnt work is because Alliance still need to fight and be of similar strength to the horde.

Also, AV weekend is when Alliance rankers come out so theyd be more equal to the horde in gear, skill, and intent to play. And the win ratios are pretty even

1 Like

That’s… that’s the entire point. “Playing normally” is all Horde need to do. Alliance can’t simply “play normally” to win, because of the map imbalances.

In what way is holding the bridge going to give us IBGY or FWGY? We can’t race unless we’re already have an offensive foothold to match Horde taking SHGY or SPGY.

/facepalm

No, they don’t.

5% win rate is… even?

The Alliance can 100% play normally. They just need to win the fights (which they dont). The reason why Horde “plays normally” is because “playing normally” is them straight up beating the alliance wherever they go.

Holding the bridge and taking Horde objectives is how Alliance won for the past 15 years. It’s called the “Zerg” strat. Leave a team defending bridge/SPGY whereas the advancing team goes attacks. Yes alot of it will be unsuccessful, but that applies to every attempt at a big push regardless of faction or objective. SFGY should be the zerg’s first objective. For every alliance that dies on offense, it makes the Alliance defense stronger (since they’d be rezzing near the bridge).
This is the famous Alliance turtle. Just counter the IBGY turtle with your own turtle.
Eventually, Horde let the Alliance take SFGY since they’d rather get fast loss than a long win.
That’s how it was done in Vanilla, private servers, and to a lesser extent, beginning classic

Also, win rate is close to 60-40, 70-30 if you really want to be pessimistic

We do win the fights, we just need to win the fights over and over and over again consistently, without fail, to actually take and hold IBGY. Horde need no such consistency.

hOrDe Is JuSt BeTtEr At PvP dUh!

Okay zug zug.