Alliance Vulpera

Agreed, they should of done this instead of the whole crossfaction playing thing because it has always been the majority of players don’t wanna play Alliance and the Horde dominates so just add them to Hordes playerbase and get rid of the Alliance and Alliance races all together.

2 Likes

I mean between sharing capital cities, we all know us blood elves are going to be sharing silvermoon when the sunwell void / elf expansion hits after the warwithin, and the blood elf zones and capital gets revamped / redone. And the Alliance constantly bashing the horde of horde favortism and asking for a lot of our races. Might as well just be under one banner and one faction.

As much as I would love to get rid of the Alliance playable races though (i would settle for just removing void elves) that would cause massive backlash. So everyone under the most popular and best faction the Horde. Plus “The Horde” sounds so much more cool than “The Alliance”. Also blue and gold is yuck.

1 Like

A part of me would like to see this myself just for the simple reason I often wonder if those people would just go back to playing whatever race they played before Void Elves came along or if they’d play the actual High Elf race (Blood Elf) because so often so many of them claim to be High Elf fans yet they don’t play the actual High Elf race so it just makes me wonder are they actually High Elf fans or not.

2 Likes

First you gotta find the root of the problem. Its not “high elves, void elves or blood elves” people are wanting. Its Lord of the Ring elves who are pale, wealthy, strong, and super cool. Example how many elf hunters do you see going around with some variation of the name Legolas. A lot of people love that fantasy and High Elves was pretty much that fantasy. They don’t truly care about the culture or lore of the elf races, they care that they look as close to the elves in lord of the rings.

In classic the closest you got was Night elves, and in TBC it became closer to blood elves. The problem was the Alliance didn’t have the “Lord of the rings elves” on their faction but the Horde did and that angered them greatly that the evil faction got such a “noble and powerful race” and the good faction didn’t. So when they begged for high elves and got void elves they weren’t happy because again its no where close to them lord of the rings elves. And when the pale skin and blue eye option popped up it was the closest they were ever gonna get while playing “the good faction”.

You also gotta realize that people feel a confliction of their irl morals while playing video games like playing the Horde will make them more of an awful person or something irl because they can’t differentiate between reality and fiction that well. While also the more hilarious when Alliance commit acts of genocide like on the Vulpera and then trying to justify genocide somehow to keep that illusion they truly are the good guys.

Everyone wants to be a hero and someone important in this day and if you can’t do it irl than the next best thing is video game and thats where a good chunk of the alliance player base comes in.

2 Likes

then why are the undead in the horde

I don’t recall the Undead purge squads targeting Darkspear trolls

1 Like

well tbh we’re all kinda friends now anyways bc theyre
doing away with the faction stuff so it doesnt matter.
all the foxes u killed are a-ok with us lol.

Alliance should have been allowed to play Sethrak.

Except when I made that thread, I had only played the horde side of the incursion.

They also changed the alliance side.

On the alliance side, we are EXPLICITLY told to not harm the vulpera and to scare them away from the caravans(carrying war supplies) with a totem the npc gives us.

Blizzard has yet to canonize either side. (as in we don’t know which side actually happened in the lore - the alliance murdering vulpera that the horde saw, or the alliance scaring the vulpera away that the alliance saw) They even avoided having the vulpera mention the alliance as a reason for joining the horde in their recruitment quest, so that didn’t help either.

Considering it took almost a decade for blizzard to canonize which side of the purge of dalaran was canon, who knows when we’ll know. (They also changed which side was canon after canonizing it originally lawl)

2 Likes

Alliance is 1930-40s Germany confirmed.

Ah didn’t realize they actually killed her off, so Alliance kinda ruined any chance they may of had of getting some Vulpera then? Their loss I suppose, we’re adorable as sin lol

4 Likes

We bite too many people and feared something called “rabies.”

They kicked us out.

5 Likes

Was the first interaction the Vulpera had with the alliance them trying to kill them all?

Also Vulpera are Horde. Like from their racial lore to their culture. People love to argue against them being on Horde because they’re cute but t hey fit better than either of the elven races, and arguably Pandaren and Dracthyr.

1 Like

Centaurs murderized Tauren so they joined the Horde.

Orcs, demons, and violent re-entry murderized the space goats so they joined the Alliance.

Forsaken murderized Worgen so they joined the Alliance.

Alliance murderized Vulpera so they joined the Horde.

Pretty simple, really.

2 Likes

These responses are absolutely hilarious.

Pretty much hit the nail on the head. Few years back I was running a server for Conan Exiles–Hyborian Age lore is pretty low fantasy and there are no elves in it. It was an RP server and fairly popular, so eventually word of mouth happened and people who’d been on the server since breakfast started demanding, loudly and often, that we include elves. They wouldn’t shut up about it. And what kind of elves? Rich, pale, noble, better than humans at everything, etc. The most lame generic slop they could conjure.

I really liked how WoW stayed away from that with Night Elves and Blood Elves–they were their own thing. But people saw the magic and the pointy ears and just went “this shall be my Legolas!” So pretty much anytime there’s a popular fantasy thing, people are going to want to vicariously live through their characters (which is about as insane and unhinged and boring at the same time as you can imagine) and it just so happens a lot of them want to be human but better looking and amazing at everything–i.e., the elf slop.

My hat goes off to those people who do lean more into WoW’s lore with their elves, I wouldn’t even call them the minority, but it’s a lot of people who can’t accept that WoW Elves are their own thing.

3 Likes

Sorry my vote is to keep the status quo of keeping the Vulpera on the Horde.

1 Like

I say Alliance gets that snake race that eats the Vulpera :smiley:

1 Like

I would of loved if they kept the TBC Sindorei who tried to bend everything to their will, used blood magicks, and just was like screw everyone else. I like the sindorei now but the TBC before the well cleansing was more interesting lore wise.

4 Likes

Give it a few years and youll be able to play any race on either faction.
Probably after the world soul saga ends.