Alliance. Time to Boycott AV

The Drek rush strat hasn’t been used much for weeks. The closest people come to it is to head to Galv at the start, just like horde heads to Bal at the start. The main difference there is that the horde can get to Bal unimpeded because of where they start.

Yes, wiping the horde at Bal does help a bit but then we have a stalemate at mid. Pushing mid gets us to the strongest defensive spot in the BG and the horde can rally from there. While we’re delayed there horde exploit the back door and start taking stuff in our base.

Ultimately, AV is an offensive game. Playing defense is just a tactic to give time for the offense to work. The problem is the southern defenses are too good to allow an easy offense. Even if we sneak people into the horde base the recall spot is different than the GY, you need extra people to guard both - and you’ll have two towers bombarding you as you guard the recall spot. It makes it very easy to take back the base.

I’d love for the starting spots to be randomized, at least then we can see the differences between the two starts without involving differences between the factions. Maybe the starting location doesn’t matter, maybe it does, at least we’d see it for sure.

1 Like

Yes, lets boycott all BG’s and go back to phase 2.

1 Like

yet nearly the WHOLE TIME since AV has been out…what is Alli strat? Take objectives and work your way down the map? …

No…its race to the boss or reQ.

For example…this IB choke everyone complains about…guess what happens 99% of the time, when Alli take the GY…

…they ALL run off (race to the bottom) no one defends it. I try…but I can stop 3 horde taking it back.

Ad they leave IB GY…they leave IB tower and go to turn TP. While taking TP…IB tower and GY get retaken and horde work back recapping.

But…all of that is map creation problems… :confused:

Alli need to slow their rolls…take and HOLD IB gy after galv, etc…this would make it harder for horde to reinforce IB choke and give alli a forward spawn.

But again…its race race race…gogogogogo toboss. Oh we got stopped… / afk

1 Like

Dude, you played Av like twice on release day and never again huh, ally meta has been “triangle” (ibgy, towers, wait till burn, then push relief hut) for MONTHS. Yeah maybe the rank 9+ people got together and sometimes managed a rush win, but saying that was the average is just so far from reality it hurts.

1 Like

Yep…got exalted in 2 whole av runs cause only played twice…

It won’t be if people stop camping at ibgy… the horde push in to our base… we wait for a gy to cap…

There’s no need to boycott AV. Why would you queue for it now?

2 Likes

Is there an addon to track W / L ratio? I’d be quite curious to see some real numbers. It’s ridiculous (and not in a good way, at least not for alli).

I keep trying to rally myself and others, but yeah. Hard to blame people for not giving a flying fart at this point.

• Horde are at Balinda before Alliance are past their towers every time, even with 100% + 3/3.
    If Alliance would run straight instead of going left or right would be well beyond their southern bunker and run smack into the Horde which takes damage jumping down two hills to move faster toward the attended targets, (Alliance and Belinda and Lieutenants
  • Balinda has weak abilities compared to Galvangar’s Mortal Strike and AoE fear.
    Agreed, why in a later patch she gets buffed, just not sure if the ever plan to do that.
  • Alliance have to push through a narrow gap under a Horde tower to reach IBGY while Horde can approach SHGY from any direction and safely out of range of the archers.
    Again agreed, but you have a choke point that is covered by archers as well. Unfortunately its by the bridge to your base.
  • The run from SPGY to the RH is far shorter than the run from FWGY to RH.
    TBH, it might be close tie I don’t have my measuring stick, but your path is straighter where ours you have to move through the base changing directions.
  • Horde can shelter inside FW keep with Drek’thar and Alliance can’t peek in to kill them or Drek + warmasters aggro.
    Those War Masters go away as you take objectives if not mistaken. Hence why we kill our towers. The only issue Horde continue to screw up on is the Prospector.
  • Horde can peek in and shoot Alliance in Dun Baldar because the bunker is so spacious that Van doesn’t aggro.
    Depending on where people stand true, and how many towers we have destroyed.
  • Vanndar can easily be solo pulled and tanked in the spacious bunker with lower chance of failure than in the horde keep.
    Wish this was always true, to many times in a rush to beat the Drek pull it’s a wipe, especially with Prospector killed.
  • Horde can bypass bridge by terrain abuse.
    Alliance can back door into the Horde base that drops them right next to the RH GY, but no major need to do that as you can waltz right in the front door and not nearly aggro as much as the Horde does if we ran in the front door. Even the backdoor you still need to run pass a tower and aggro vendors.
1 Like

Alliance premades dominated AV for a month+. They get taken away and now the Alliance are crying that they can’t win. What should that tell you about yourselves, Alliance? Now, run along to WSG and see if you can win premade vs premade.

1 Like

Horde was forced to do this strat for over a month in order to hopefully beat Alliance premades. Basically you’re saying that alliance is either too terrible, or too entitled to do the same thing. Not surprising. Your entire faction is based on entitlement and d-baggery.

Well it probably mattered what server you were on than later in 1.12 what battle group your servet got added to.

Lol, I’ve been Boycotting AV since I got my rep to exalted. Feels good having finished the grind in the first week, when Alliance ROLFSTOMPED the horde to oblivion.

I was max capped with FwC by end of third day. I tried some WsG seen it was all premade teams and quit for 3 weeks. 3 weeks ago I started PvPing in BGs and it was Alliance pug vs. Horde Pug, or Alliance T1, 2 or 3 vs. Horde Pug. T3 Alliance won 90% or more of the time while Alliance pugs lost 90% of the time because of the T1, 2 and 3 teams queue dodging. Now that there isn’t any more queue dodging going on so far the match’s are pug vs. pug, with Horde tending to win more. The Alliance are getting a lot better so it should start shifting soon in win / loss ratios.

No Idea, I can tell you I have no wins going on 4 weeks now.

3 Likes

We cried? I will admit a few hordies cried about premades - but most of the players i know just learned to counter your zergs and didnt cry at all about it. You guys dropping queues and making your own side lose the majority of games that didnt have a premade is where the crying came from.

Guaranteed if i went through the last month of posts - the majority of the crying players were alliance upset that they start 14 - 40

1 Like

Haven’t played it since they updated. I can hold my rank with a day of wsg so other than that just raid logging hoping this game gets fun again.

Ya no more AV! lets let horde pugs suffer , only WSG premades now

Instant queues=/premade queue’s. You are free to pug into AV with your faster queues. THAT is your advantage. Not the right to cheat.

Btw, you’ve already lost this argument, Blizzard sided with me.

1 Like

Yeah possibly. Alliance were still far more successful in vanilla