Alliance should destroy Orgrimmar

This is the kind of thing I can get behind, as well as the Horde appearing villainous due to machinations of the 3rd party (Old Gods, Legion, etc) but Horde side shows them being like “what the…”

Yeah, cause coming together and fighting the big bad isn’t an even more tired trope that happens with or without a faction war.
But you guys just want peace cause that sounds fun, right?

1 Like

No he specifically said its over.

And you want never ending war cause that sounds fun, right?

We either want peace or for any war stories to be done well, showing both factions as heroes (to their faction) and villains (to the other) with enough cross over to show that neiter side is 100% good or evil.

At least that trope can be done in ways that does not paint either side as monsters or whatever

The only problem we’d need to overcome with this idea is what is stopping H and A from talking things out and quickly realizing they’re being set up. Because as things stand, lines of communication are far too open. There’s too much trust between H and A. That needs to be addressed before a third party can manipulate the factions back into conflict or anything close to war.

Show me the quote.

Absolutely.

Never mind that it’s become the only way the Horde might get some attention, even if the characters getting attention end up in the dirt.

But DF is a fine example of what the Horde has to look forward to in this peaceful future. Being left out of the story. So yeah, I’d rather take the conflict option, cause at least then I still feel like I’m playing a legit faction, not some background prop for the blues.

Both can be done. Fact is the writing team chose poorly when it came to story exposition by going with a generic perspective instead of a faction based one. The Horde should have never seen itself as evil from it’s own perspective if they bothered to actually write the stories the right way.

1 Like

All that would take, Alliance side, is one like Admiral Rodgers being the one to get the communications and prevent them from reaching the leaders. Or 3rd party minions intercepting the messangers, could be very easy to shut down communications till at least the 2nd stpry patch if not the last.

I can’t post links. Maybe look for it yourself.

It literally does. That’s why I play Warcraft games.

No other war can be written to be as important as the war between the playable races of Azeroth. Because no other war has as much development, staying power, and significance behind it.

You can literally wrap the link in ` marks.

Like this

The articles I’ve read cite him as saying it’s unlikely they’ll do another faction war, not a certainty.

https://gamerant.com/world-of-warcraft-game-director-ion-hazzikostas-faction-war-is-over-alliance-horde/

Why waste the resources on such crappy real estate?

Yea, I already read that. The title of that article is not Ion’s exact words.

Only if we do it via catapaults at least as far away as southern barrens.

Also you only get one catapault shot. Have to keep it fair.

He indeed said the faction war is over and done dude. In fact I believe others have stated it’s over in some videos. Wasn’t it stated it was over in one of the beggining speaches revealing WW?

If they really want to destroy Orgrimmar, why not have Xalatath send in a bunch of Nerubians and void creatures to do it? The Alliance would help fight them back alongside the Horde, and we continue to feel the need to eliminate her. They had her destroy Dalaran. Both factions hands are clean, and the desired effect occurs. Then we work together to rebuild an actual city where it stood.

I am seeing no evidence of him saying those words.

As I’ve stated, no other war that Blizz can contrive can compete with conflict and war between the factions. None of it will result in any real sense of tension in the setting. It’ll just be another group of npc’s to kill, loot and move on to the next irrelevant opponent.

If you aren’t interested in there being any sense of broader conflict on Azeroth beyond either a small regional concern or some distant looming threat… you aren’t actually interested in Warcraft and should stop encouraging blizz to muck the franchise up for those of us who explicitly came here for what the setting offered in the first place, just because it’s the big mmo you followed your friends to.

There is rumor of an Orgrimmar rework, complete with a harbor, similar to Stormwind’s.

An Earthen NPC in Orgrimmar discusses how Orgrimmar is lacking, I’ve seen.

Maybe it’ll happen in one of the next 3 expansions’ patches?

It’ll likely be more of an upgrade rather than having it outright destroyed.

You get that plots and things change right? And no. I’ll keep encouraging the faction war to be done and over. It’s done and its not coming back. This isn’t the RTS anymore that some of us played as kids. Pretty sure your post breaks some rules so reported.