Alliance premades again

Please be a hidden MMR. Please be a hidden MMR. Please be a hidden MMR.

:pray:

1 Like

I wish Blizzard would just give a ruling on the whole sync-queue thing. Say something somewhere. Either it’s disruptive or we need to all pick our communities.

1 Like

I don’t know how many times Blizzard needs to say premade raids vs. pugs is unfair.

The current system only allows you to queue premade groups of up to 5 for random bgs. Just from that alone, it’s pretty clear what Blizzard wants.

Also, it’s like ok ok ok… Blizzard, I heard what you said. But my premade raid uses a different method to get into the same bg to roflstomp pugs. We don’t sync queues, we use <insert different premade raid method>. I assume that’s ok until you say otherwise.

Somehow, just completely ignoring the main point — premade raids vs. pugs is unfair, and it drives players away from PvP.

2 Likes

Probably a solo queue RBG, if anything. Rated likely won’t have anything to do with epic BGs.

The thing is sync-queue matches are fun to be in. I have sworn them off out of support for the masses. But I dislike having to face them back to back as much as everyone else. They make epics unplayable. Blizzard needs to take a public position in my opinion so I can either continue boycotting them or jump back in.

Before Holinka started deleting all his Tweets after 7 days, he tweeted:

Do you know what the response to that was? Oh, Holinka just means Ashran. That stuff doesn’t apply to AV/IOC.

Again, just completely ignoring the main point — premade raids vs. pugs is unfair, and it drives players away from PvP.

1 Like

Any news on this?

Much like a certain political ideology in the US, it doesn’t matter what you put in front of their faces. They simply don’t care, there’s nothing we are going to say or do that’s going to get them to admit what they do breaks the rules.

Outside of Blizzard actively breaking the ability to sync queues, we are just going to get more of this:

1 Like

I haven’t seen a single official word from Blizzard about that patch note changes that were data mined. You would think if it’s something big and noticeable it would get some actual blue text. So, my theory at this point is it’s just tweaking something that was already there?

That would just allow the ones who get put on opposite faction to sabotage them and give away locations.

1 Like

It’s also possible they’re doing to some hidden tracking to gather more data during the next season.

For example, are average MMRs about the same in each random bg game? Or are they noticeably different in many games?

Based on what they see, maybe they’ll do some matchmaking changes.

1 Like

I would welcome whatever they are ready to test. I’m sure it’s going to have to be a delicate balancing act between fairness and not cratering our precious gaming experience.

Of course, this would be even easier to do if they, oh I don’t know, gave us mixed faction random BGs. It’s literally the last thing that isn’t mixed faction now. I’m pragmatic enough to acknowledge it’s probably a larger tech lift than we would expect, but I hope it comes sooner rather than later.

1 Like

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

That also might be the reason.

It’s like the one last thing they can point at and say… See? It’s still Horde vs. Alliance!

Oh sick so me and my raider friend who likes to occasionally tag along are cool, but if I drag in a WPvP pal that’s DEVILISH!

1 Like

A 3 man pre-made can and do wreck Pugs… they can be tide turners in 10/15 man BGs. I would love for it to be different but that’s just the truth.

It would be interesting to see a solo only BG implemented if only for pvp weekends (once a month) for example. Just to see the communities response and see if pvp participation increases. Of course you would get those guys that Sync up queue times to get into the same BGs.

If it helps we usually do stupid strats. I.E. going a certain node and defending it to the last man all game. No other node exists, our node stands.

That would probably be the exception :stuck_out_tongue:

Considering when I’ve faced premades of 3+ they roll around in a group with pocket healers and destroy everything. Hard switching etc. If you show some sort of skill or ability they chase you around the map as a group lol

1 Like

You would think so, with it only being two people? But it turns out having even just 2 people on comms and hyperfixated on a certain objective contributes a lot to winning. Because of persistence, I suppose, which is something randoms often lack.

Two SSMines games last night. Me and the aforementioned raider friend decided we were just going to rush and hold top/water all game.

Mid has no one on it? Don’t care.

Lava is overwhelmed? Tell me something new.

Both teams having a DPS d&*^ measuring contest at mid? Sounds like a load of not my problem.

We won both of those.

I don’t know what point I’m making here. Maybe premades of any size are toxic to randoms? ESO has two BG queues, one for premades, and one for solo randoms. Blizz could implement something similar? But then there’s the issue of queue times.

Yeah the queue times would be the issue. You will also get people trying to Sync their queues so they can get into the same “solo” BG like they do with Epic BGs.

I sometimes play with my friend, and I don’t even roll around with him, we do our own thing. But if we team up for a game its a 99% win-rate for that BG and thats just two of us, with three it will become boring gy camping all the time.

1 Like