Alliance: Pick your last allied race

ah see I don’t have friends so I can be as fickle as I’ve always been with factions.

just give them elf ears and eyebrows. hehe. but the curly hair is fantastic
oh and the prismatic claws/horns of the soridormi video was a creation of vaanel, a 3d modeller who had come up with several pre-sundering model ideas, several years ago.

Half dragons could easily be something Blizzard adds. It may be in a future expac though. Especially if you got to pick your flight and each flight had its own perks and that model is a good start.

2 Likes

What would the other half be?

There are 23 threads with the word “Jinyu” in the title.
There are 35 threads with the word “Ankoan” in the title.
There is 1 thread with the word “Ankoen” in the title.

There are 75 threads with “High Elf” in the title.
There are 125 threads with “High Elves” in the title.

That is as close to objectively false as you can get around here.

3 Likes

thats actually a great question!

like the flight might determine the race part that isnt dragon.
half dragon half human
half dragon half orc
half dragon half gnome (baby yoda ftw hehe)
half dragon half belf
half dragon half nelf
etc

I’m voting for…

Most fantasy settings it’s half-human. Though with these dragons’ preferences in transformation you could probably make half Blood Elf on Horde and half Human on Alliance.

what in the name of all that is sacred is that?

1 Like

historically, the aspects always choose elves as their avatars, with the exception of wrathion, who chose a belf male torso with no elf ears and no elf eyebrows. is his face based on a human face or a belf face? its kinda hard to tell. i dont think thats a human face.

An aquatic gastropod, looks like.

a snail. :smiley:

Maybe, but Alliance has had nothing to do with sethrak. Sethrak have been hostile to both factions. Granted, the same could be said about the dark iron dwarves, but they seem to be the one exception to the guideline of ARs being friendly with the faction.

Alliance:
Human = Kul’Tiran (history with alliance)
Night elves = Void elves (history, albeit short)
Gnomes = diaper, erm, mechagnomes (history off and on)
Dwarves = Dark iron dwarves (history, though historically hostile)
Draenei = Light-forged Draenei (short history from Legion, but friendly)
Worgen = ???

Going by that paradigm, high elves (or quel’dorei) certainly don’t fit because they’re not similar to worgen and Alliance already has 2 elf classes (a third would make it lopsided). Sethrak are not similar to worgen in enough ways, and are also hostile to Alliance. Merlocs would have made more sense as the gnome-paired AR, but I seriously doubt they’ll ever be a playable race. With the history of how ARs are picked, Jinyu or Ankoan are most likely, I think, and Ankoan have the edge because they’re more recently pertinent to the story line than Jinyu.

1 Like

probably because he’s not an aspect? last time i checked, wrathion was’nt the earthwarder…

only the faithless.
The devoted have been friendly to both.
Both factions in their own way help out these people to take back control of their race.

The vast majority of dragons aren’t aspects.

Also: Onyxia, Nefarian, Neltharian, Wrathion, and Kalecgos off the top of my head choose Human.

• Bronzes have some members choose to be Gnomes in addition to High Elves, most famously Chronormu but also others such as Toki of Hearthstone fame.
  • Greens are usually NIGHT elves, not high elves.
  • Blacks have a penchant for Human with the only exception I can find being Ebyssian.
  • Blues are usually High Elves but again, Kalecgos goes Human.
  • Reds, yes, are usually High Elves.

There are more “non-elf” dragons than “elf” dragons it seems.

2 Likes

kalecgos is half elven avatar but based on what half elves, is the mystery. at the time of tbc, they didnt have an idea on what a half elf would look like, so they just gave him funky blue hair with human male torso

and now that you mention it, yeah seems like alot of human avatars, minus our favorite chromie. but wrathion’s adult form is a belf male torso with a…i dunno what head that is but its awesome.

Yea it would be a big investment on blizzards part to add half dragons. Hell that would be a major selling point for an expansion if they ever did half dragons.

edit: I suppose the real question is what races can dragons mate with and actually have children with more than anything. Flights have the preferred humanoid forms, that much is true but actually have children is a whole different story.

Human. Custom Human. The torso doesn’t matter much when it comes to unique characters like Wrathion; the ears are not pointed, he’s not a midget, that means Human.

We already have high elves. So out of those 2, sethrak. Personally though, I’d pick tuskar.