Alliance: Pick your last allied race

No, I’m upset that you’re missing my point entirely. It’s like talking to a wall.

1 Like

Broken.

With broken racials.

2 Likes

Sethrak for sure

2 Likes

No, I know your point and I’m purposely referring to Vorrik as “some dude” to emphasize how little the Alliance actually did.

Should I then point out, based on the timeline that you provided, that the Alliance also abandoned the Devoted before the siege on their temple was over?

save your nerve endings. if’n ya see someone that seems hostile over a friendly discussion about possible allied races, read and move on. it’s not worth it. some are just here to antagonize and not to actually have a friendly discussion.

3 Likes

It mostly stems from that a lot of people feel that the allied races they got are not appealing to the majority of players and that a new “cool” monstrous race would spice up the alliance quite a bit.

Now there’s not many races that the alliance actually interacts with on a friendly basis in BFA, the only ones being the sethrak and ankoan which severely limits the options. Pair this with the sethrak at first seemed to be the enemy of the vulpera (which we knew the horde helped) based on datamining and what little we knew of them back before beta and in beta for quite a while. Which would have put them as a perfect counterpart to the vulpera in the allied race slot. It’s around this time that a lot of hype for alliance sethrak started, then it turned out that the sethrak actually work with both sides and especially the horde.

The hype for alliance sethrak never really died down though, simply as they’re a cool race and lack of alternatives the alliance interacts with.
Now the people that want alliance sethrak tend to focus on potential future developments.
Based on the dialogue from Umbric that he wishes to study the sethrak and their magic, and Wyrmbane where he says we might need to work with them again.
This haven’t seen any update though.
The sethrak hasn’t really been used at all since the release of BFA except for in a few one-off quests that are either neutral or for the horde.

I’d agree that on the current story that we have then they would ally with the horde though, or more specifically the zandalari.

1 Like

Good advice.

The last two allied races are spin offs of the forsaken and the worgen correct? So it would presumably have to spin offs of those.

For alliance I imagine it would be those cat guys from Warlords and the horde it will be some light forged variant of undead.

4 Likes

i dont think we’re limited to races in bfa, for allied race options, are we? like it could be any race sharing same or similar skeletons to playable races from vanilla to bfa, right?

We’re not technically limited no, but blizzard want and tend to add “relevant” races where it makes sense in the story. So if there’s something that’s not from the current expansion then the chance diminish drastically.

1 Like

Honestly, I think this is the most likely. The non-decayed human undead are hugely popular in China too. I can’t think of anything else that’s tied to the Forsaken except maybe an Elf option, but we already received 2 new Elf races.

While a nice video I think it’s a bit dated. It released one week after beta started. And a lot of things have been learned and changed.

My last Allied Races? Vulpera and Mechagnome.

Can we be done here? I think we should be done here.

1 Like

Youre confusing popular with the word mandatory. Censorship prohibits the US version.

Which is why I said “I think” and “most likely.”

Yes, and the first move of the Alliance is to literally be “we’re taking this harbor and the natives don’t like it and won’t be reasonable so lol we’ll have to kill them.”

I don’t know why anyone thinks the Alliance should get them.

1 Like

and make some playable by two people, called an ogre wedding. one head is male, the other female. and their jokes are marital spats. hehe.

2 Likes

Night Elf Worgen.

Return everything you’ve taken from them, Blizz! (Even though the NE ditched them…)

1 Like