Alliance: Pick your last allied race

Seriously videos like that make me sad… like how the hell can you justify not having more sliders and options when worse games are doing it better…, although Star Wars galaxies was awesome.

Seriously Blizzard needs to Friggen step up.

I had no idea Aion was so detailed! I’m shocked!

Edit: Arnt they making an Aion 2? Might have to look into this game!

3 Likes

well the downside was, aion was too detailed. cities were lag fests. part of wow’s claim to fame was that almost any computer could run vanilla wow.

1 Like

I don’t see much mention of Shadowlands races. I think Night fae would be cool.

1 Like

Googled it, Aion 2 is announced… gonna keep my eyes on it, perhaps they’ve fixed the issues Aion originally had, especially with lag!

so pretty. i tried the original beta. it was really beautiful. on par with legion content, but definitely more of a korean feel to it. wow was originally an mmoRPG but aion was more of an mmo action/adventure, which wow has basically become as well. char creation is rpg-like, but the other rpg features need to be present as well for it to feel like an rpg.

for example, in wow you originally had to equip a quiver and buy arrows or bullets to fill it up, if you were a class capable of using a bow or gun. you had to tame, train and feed your pet as a hunter or it would run away. you needed reagents for many spells, for example, druids needed special seeds to use their battle rez, mages needed portal and teleport stones to create portals or teleports, rogues had to learn how to make poisons and have the correct reagents for it, etc. all that was removed.

1 Like

Ogres are less than ten characters.

i just wanted to mention that there was a class in star wars galaxies, called the image designer. it was part of the entertainer tree. once the player had selected their char and customized their appearance, they could go to an image designer in game and have the person modify their character further. so on top of the options available at creation, there was even more customization if you sought out a fellow player who specialized in image design.

2 Likes

My hunter still has a quiver and arrows/bullets!! And my Warlock has a soul bag! The good old days!

1 Like

i’m playing classic now. and my lock has a soul bag. and my hunter has a quiver. my mage keeps maple seeds on hand in case a new druid forgot or didnt know they need maple seeds to rez people hehe. she also keeps portal and teleport stones and can port people to sw, if or darn. hehe (she’s 52)

1 Like

I loved Vanilla wow, I don’t know if I could go back to it, but so happy they sticking to their roots, ALSO update Aion 2 is a mobile game now :sob::sob::sob::sob:, can’t stand mobile games :sob:

eww mobile. :grimacing:

1 Like

I knowwwwww ewwwwwwwww :face_vomiting:, but good for those who like it haha, I just prefer MMOs on pc, I’m a sucker getting immersed in games haha

1 Like

Straight up Sethrak since they’re a New Race which the Alliance is down one vs Horde races atm (Horde also need a Sub Race since we’re up one of those too atm), High Elves while heavily requested and should be playable are a Sub Race towards other races in the game atm so still keeps the imbalance around if they’re released.

1 Like

Last race for Alliance will be a lightrisen undead, possibly using the human model (since Kul’tirans aren’t technically the human rig), though i’d love to see the undead model used too. Either way for me.

Horde are definitely getting Saberon, the models are already done and ready to play at the flick of a switch should a content drought come about.

High Elf for sure.

I’m really really praying 8.3.5 pre patch the shadowlands, Alliance get long requested High Elves, (or Void Elf Customisations to compensate, I’m open minded), or the newly highly requested Sethrak, they look amazing.

Seriously, please Blizzard, do not and I say this with a heavy heart, do not let Mechagnomes be the final Allied Race for Alliance, I don’t even play Alliance and I feel their pain…

Although I’d switch in a heartbeat if Alliance got High Elves or Void Elf customisations or Sethrak!!, my wallet is yours for those 2 choices!

6 Likes

Realistically the last race isn’t going to be either of them, the last race without an AR for Alliance is worgen.

I know I know, but I can dream…

Sometimes it’s better to have hope, then nothing at all.

I hope Blizzard will consider what’s on the forums, the ideas that people have put forward even the art work!

All we can do is really ask, in the end only Blizzard truely knows what’s planned, if another allied race is planned at all!

Mechagnomes and Vulpera may be the final Allied Races!, I hope not but it may be! If it is the final ones I hope they consider opening up class options to the races we already have!

its gonna be gilgoblin and ankoans for sure.

The most likely pair I’ve heard imo would be nelf worgen and lightforged undead since those are the last two races without ARs.

1 Like