Alliance Bias

10/30/2018 01:25 PMPosted by Zaisun

Horde players don't cry on the forums.

That's incorrect.

They just don't consider it crying because they tend to get what they want.
10/30/2018 01:26 PMPosted by Liara
Which can be said for the Alliance as well. I've heard it from Alliance players.

I was Alliance when I first started playing, I heard all the time how Horde was all edgy 14 yrs old.

I've seen both sides say the other had more kids playing. It's not as exclusive as it's made to sound.

This thread mimics the million others we've seen except it's a Horde player stirring up the masses and pushing those buttons. Same arguments, same bias.

Being called "edgy" isn't half as bad as being called "boring, stale, bland, unimaginative" which is what Alliance is slapped with far more often and far more frequently by the Horde playerbase. I get called edgy all the time due to my race choices, but I take that in stride because I don't mind edginess.
Rather be branded "edgy" and get a flat Azerite bonus and complete control of the story than not and get nothing.
10/30/2018 01:34 PMPosted by Rendlayn
Being called "edgy" isn't half as bad as being called "boring, stale, bland, unimaginative" which is what Alliance is slapped with far more often and far more frequently by the Horde playerbase.

because the Alliance is focused on humans, that's what the faction is, the human and friends faction. It's always been that. And human story IS bland, boring, stale, and unimaginative
10/30/2018 01:03 PMPosted by Heilot
Also in WoD the Garrisons were clearly designed to favor the alliance.
And in legion they got that extra quest with anduin
In bfa they don't have to take a flight path to the table
And soon they will kill the zandalari king, sink the zandalari ships (thus making our alliance with them pointless) and steal the staff (making our entire war campaign almost pointless)

And YET alliance cries horde bias.
I really don't get these alliance crybaby

The new War Fronts heavily point to the Alliance winning in Arathi and Darkshore as well and Horde looks to be about to have another civil war while in a major conflict with the alliance.
10/30/2018 01:37 PMPosted by Swiftraven
because the Alliance is focused on humans, that's what the faction is, the human and friends faction. It's always been that. And human story IS bland, boring, stale, and unimaginative

That is certainly untrue of our story in BfA and in our own war campaign, yes Humans are present, but so are other races providing their own specialties.

Meanwhile the Horde stuff, from what I've seen, is purely Forsaken focused with not much room for growth for the other races.
10/30/2018 11:39 AMPosted by Bludthundur
Why does Blizzard hate the horde so much? We NEVER got a raid against them, but they get TWO raids against us? You also kill off our warchiefs faster than characters in Game of Thrones while only Varian died in Legion. Alliance crys about losing Darnassus when NO ONE went there when we lost our iconic Undercity which was second to Orgrimmar. I could forgive that if you didn't always make us the bad guys when it's obvious the alliance is worse with exiling people for no reason and taking the most reckless and foolish race of all time (Void Elves). Seriously, THROW US A BONE FOR ONCE!!!
dumbest comment in the history of words , if anything blizz has always favored the horde . I would call ya a troll but you probably already play one .
10/30/2018 01:23 PMPosted by Ollin
We raided undercity, you set stormwind on fire.

To be clear Zul sets Stormwind on fire. We spend the scenario running away from the alliance.
10/30/2018 11:39 AMPosted by Bludthundur
Why does Blizzard hate the horde so much? We NEVER got a raid against them, but they get TWO raids against us? You also kill off our warchiefs faster than characters in Game of Thrones while only Varian died in Legion. Alliance crys about losing Darnassus when NO ONE went there when we lost our iconic Undercity which was second to Orgrimmar. I could forgive that if you didn't always make us the bad guys when it's obvious the alliance is worse with exiling people for no reason and taking the most reckless and foolish race of all time (Void Elves). Seriously, THROW US A BONE FOR ONCE!!!
dumbest comment in the history of words , if anything blizz has always favored the horde . I would call ya a troll but you probably already play one .
At least all your political figures are strong. While we have 4 priests and a warrior and mage. (one of them a love sick puppy who cannot do anything without her man)
10/30/2018 01:36 PMPosted by Enekie
Rather be branded "edgy" and get a flat Azerite bonus and complete control of the story than not and get nothing.

Well edgy was the nicest thing I could repeat on the forum.
10/30/2018 11:41 AMPosted by Enekie
Bones thrown to the Horde: Cataclysm, the second half of MoP, the entirety of BfA.

ill give ya the first two but BFA isn't over yet.
10/30/2018 01:44 PMPosted by Hamstar
10/30/2018 01:23 PMPosted by Ollin
We raided undercity, you set stormwind on fire.

To be clear Zul sets Stormwind on fire. We spend the scenario running away from the alliance.

Lets compare quality of writing then.

Alliance raids undercity twice, and in both cases it's a titanic battle where the horde masterfully hold their own against an all-out alliance onslaught.

OTOH, Zul lights stormwind on fire with A TORCH.

The effort that goes into making the horde faction look awesome is far, far, far greater than the detail paid to the alliance side of things. I mean, they make us look incompetent by comparison, and you wonder why we complain about the story.

The devs. Favor. The Horde.

It cannot get any more clear how little they think about the Alliance than the jailbreak scenario.
10/30/2018 01:26 PMPosted by Liara
Which can be said for the Alliance as well. I've heard it from Alliance players.

I was Alliance when I first started playing, I heard all the time how Horde was all edgy 14 yrs old.

I've seen both sides say the other had more kids playing. It's not as exclusive as it's made to sound.

This thread mimics the million others we've seen except it's a Horde player stirring up the masses and pushing those buttons. Same arguments, same bias.

Being called "edgy" isn't half as bad as being called "boring, stale, bland, unimaginative" which is what Alliance is slapped with far more often and far more frequently by the Horde playerbase. I get called edgy all the time due to my race choices, but I take that in stride because I don't mind edginess.
If the Alliance is so ā€œunimaginativeā€, who is at fault for that?
The developers or the players?
10/30/2018 01:51 PMPosted by Zeropointt

If the Alliance is so ā€œunimaginativeā€, who is at fault for that?

The players.

You guys couldā€™ve had something a tiny bit morally grey with the Vulpera purge squads but you complained so much that they ended up changing it to ā€œweā€™re placing these totems down, donā€™t help the Horde again or else!ā€

Sorry, but itā€™s true. Being the morally greyer faction just means youā€™ll be more interesting. The Alliance has always been about humans and human paladins, so yeah, itā€™ll always be the boring faction.
10/30/2018 12:13 PMPosted by Solarwynds
10/30/2018 11:47 AMPosted by Enekie
Bones thrown to the Horde in BfA:
-First access to warfronts + an additional week of access to rares
-Blizzard bending over backward to give Horde players a choice not to betray Sylvanas
-Complete control of the direction of the story
-Flat 10% bonus to XP and Azerite
-Enhanced racials
-Near-complete control of mythic raids
All of that is just more evidence of Alliance Bias.

how.....wait what? how is horde getting access without the 320 ilvl requirement alliance bias?
10/30/2018 01:51 PMPosted by Ollin
10/30/2018 01:44 PMPosted by Hamstar

Lets compare quality of writing then.

Alliance raids undercity twice, and in both cases it's a titanic battle where the horde masterfully hold their own against an all-out alliance onslaught.

OTOH, Zul lights stormwind on fire with A TORCH.

The effort that goes into making the horde faction look awesome is far, far, far greater than the detail paid to the alliance side of things. I mean, they make us look incompetent by comparison, and you wonder why we complain about the story.

The devs. Favor. The Horde.

It cannot get any more clear how little they think about the Alliance than the jailbreak scenario.

Jebus H Chrust, do you complain professionally for a living? We spent the entire time running away in Stormwind from your god like characters and you are complaining that made horde look awesome? You then get to kill the person responsible in the first raid.
10/30/2018 01:54 PMPosted by Tyierin
10/30/2018 01:51 PMPosted by Zeropointt
...If the Alliance is so ā€œunimaginativeā€, who is at fault for that?

The players.

You guys couldā€™ve had something a tiny bit morally grey with the Vulpera purge squads but you complained so much that they ended up changing it to ā€œweā€™re placing these totems down, donā€™t help the Horde again or else!ā€

Sorry, but itā€™s true. Being the morally greyer faction just means youā€™ll be more interesting. The Alliance has always been about humans and human paladins, so yeah, itā€™ll always be the boring faction.
The players are responsible for the writing and game design.

Thatā€™s what you just spent a paragraph trying to make someone believe.

Sure, we do. We remember Maraad, Taylor, and Baros Alexton all dying while the AU draenei never actually join us, leaving us down three characters and not getting anything in return.

So you are saying that MoP was Alliance bias because horde lost characters there and got nothing in return? Is that how it works?

To be fair were any of the sent out the way taylor was? Blizzard did him so damn dirty. At least that one orc whose name escapes me went out like a badass.
10/30/2018 01:56 PMPosted by Zeropointt
10/30/2018 01:54 PMPosted by Tyierin

The players.

The players are responsible for the writing and game design.

Thatā€™s what you just spent a paragraph trying to make someone believe.

Yes. Because when they do try and do something interesting, the Alliance complains until it gets changed. Does that make more sense now?