Alliance are fleeing via Free Transfer, faction imbalance worsened

Blizzard has been using the free realm transfers to solve one problem: queues (over-populated Full servers).

Blizzard has NOT been addressing your problem (faction imbalance) in Classic. The realm transfers were never intended to deal with that problem. So this “fix” could be a success, even if it ends up making faction imbalance worse on some servers.

I’m not sure Blizzard has addressed the faction imbalance problem in retail either. In BFA they added some kind of leveling bonus. I don’t know if that changed anything.

Only on PvP servers… interesting how it’s the opposite on PvE servers with Alliance generally outnumbering Horde by a large amount.

3 Likes

The funny part is that if it was real life, you would totally wait until your target was already engaged in a fight and losing.

2 Likes

Exactly. Because which faction you pick makes no real difference on a PVE server. Just shows you that a lot of people pick horde just to be in the majority on PVP servers. When it doesn’t matter more people choose the alliance races.

Interesting.

6 Likes

I think part of it deals with the racial abilities and PvP/PvE environment.

It looks like the Horde ones would be more useful in a PvP environment, where the bulk of Alliance ones seem more suitable in a PvE environment.

The bonuses are small, but if a player is trying to min/max as much as possible, it can make the difference in race choice.

1 Like

I thought everyone wanted to play on pvp servers

true enough in real life. But in a game you’re just being a dick when you do that.

1 Like

Yeah. Being new to WoW I researched it and the majority were saying how great PVP servers were and how much fun PVP servers will be and you weren’t getting the “full” experience on PVE servers.

What a crock of crap that was.

10 Likes

I don’t see the issue. Eventually one side ‘wins’. Just so happens it happened quickly here. I wouldn’t worry about it too much. The alliance who left have to deal with the sting of being defeated while the Horde there can claim victory.

Celebrate it. You all earned it.

1 Like

good, i hope all the grieffing has left the horde with a worse game experience.

3 Likes

you “won” by joining the majority.

Good job! Awesome!

9 Likes

LOL, no one cares dude people want have fun. this isnt a real fight.

3 Likes

This is what’s happening on all of the starter servers, I had the same experience as you yesterday except i’m alliance on whitemane. There was 2 full raid groups of horde between thorium point and UBRS entrance.

Except now its even worse for the alliance. Noobs that don’t care what realm they’re on now can’t even complete quests with 90% bored horde in a zone.

Not enforcing some sort of faction restrictions on PvP realms was a mistake.

3 Likes

Some of us think Alliance are ugly and have always played Horde. On our server the Alliance roam in packs and gank lowbies all day. They controlled all of STV yesterday and I have been ganked multiple times per day by ?? levels since week 2. If you can’t handle it roll on a pve server.

1 Like

You are wrong, horde still have the majority on your server and you’re still crying on the forums lmao

1 Like

Yeah… this is exactly what they’re saying the problem is?

You’ve got /duel for a fair number fight. Use it. Or just get camped I really could care less if you stare at the spirit healer for a few hours a day.

1 Like

If you’re replying to me then you are mistaken. Nobody is crying here, I’m having a blast. I’m sick of these imbalance whiny threads where Alliance act like victims when they get ganked. It’s what you signed up for when you chose pvp servers. If you don’t like it then roll pve.

1 Like

I should have.

PVP in this game is just dumb

1 Like