Alliance are fleeing via Free Transfer, faction imbalance worsened

My source is a mix of wowpop, my understanding of quantitative and qualitative data sampling, my observations all tied together using my supreme intellect.

I base server size by how often I see servers in the Full status throughout varies parts of the day.

Faerlina is the largest server in classic full of celebrities and die hards… This server is probably the most balanced server in classic in addition to being the most active.

Herod is the 2nd largest and closely matches the descriptions of the imbalance people are complaining about quantitatively but if you look at the forum activity they have more alliance recruitment threads than horde and reading the descriptions these are not just Alliance they are the hardcore representing the most prominent guilds in wow history. I’d move to this server if you’re alliance looking for something with a prominent future.

Whitemane is the third largest server. It’s balance not quite as good as Faerlina but better than most is the dominant west coast server while the 2 listed above are east coast.

All three servers are pvp servers.

If the Pittsburgh Steelers played the New England Patriots - and the Patriots only put Tom Brady in the field, it doesn’t matter if he’s the GOAT, and they’re all professionals

There are 11 people on the field trying to kill him. It doesn’t matter how good he is.

1 Like

Last night on Skeram, couple ally were ganking at Thorium point, skirmish broke out.

Both sides put the call out.

Guess who showed up?

Not the Horde.

Idk I think getting killed by someone the same level while you have super low health or have an extra mob that you are having a rough time with could also be called “ganked”.

I consider it being ganked when you are at a severe disadvantage, whether it be a 5v1 situation or some 60 one shot you. Same difference.

1 Like

Sounds like a smart choice, nicely done!

Seek out the people who are dying for that world PVP. Every PVP server has them. Join that guild, form that group yourself, lead that charge.

Some ideas off the top of my head,

• Block character creation on the majority faction once the ratio has reached 55:45; unblock once it goes back to 50:50.

• Only allow character transfers of the majority faction if the ratio is 55:45 otherwise both factions can transfer out.

This is going to cause some grumbling but it’s not that bad.

I really wonder what players think Blizzard should be doing to solve this.

Prevent Alliance from taking transfers?
Force Horde to take them?

Players have ALWAYS, from the very first realm transfers, taken advantage of them for their own benefit - not the benefit of other players, not the benefit of balance, not the benefit of the other faction.

Why should an Alliance player stick around? (Pretty much the same answer as why a Horde player is unlikely to go where they’d be outnumbered.)

1 Like

There isnt much stategy when you are constantly out numbered besides staying in groups which isnt always an option.

Its this kind of attitude that i dont get from the pvp community. At this point in servers life every kill helps your faction become stronger relative to the other.

Faerlina soo far is fine with the pop beign 50/50

1 Like

Cause and effect

Think about it. Why would the horde leave if they have a paradise setup? It’s good to let the alliance ditch so the horde end up bored from being too overbearing.

2 Likes

Offer transfers only to the majority faction if the faction ratio is above 55/45. Allow both factions to transfer out only when the ratio reaches 50/50 again.

Block character creation on the majority faction by players who do not already have a character on the server when the faction ratio exceeds 55/45. Character creation for both factions will be re-enabled when the ratio cross the 50/50 threshold.

If all of the PvPers would stop rolling on the same faction, there would be more PvP.

At which point, no one would transfer and Blizzard would look at the unchanged numbers and reflect on how completely wasted the effort of enabling transfers was.

Thereby enraging many, many people. Whether you agree with them or not, Blizzard would rather deal with “the Horde outnumbers the Alliance too badly on every PvP server!” complaints than with, “I have only two characters on that server, what do you mean I can’t make another?” complaints and, “I subscribed to play with my wife, but now I can’t make a character the same faction as her on the same realm, GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK” complaints.

2 Likes

So you are proposing that underdogs on high pop realms not be allowed to transfer off? That is an excellent way to lose customers.

1 Like

Everyone’s saying to limit the amount of horde on each sever because everyone’s horde.

But if everyone’s horde you can’t just not let them play. Lol.

1 Like

Pvp so far for me has been watching people 5v1 or getting 5v1ed myself. Being frostbolted by mages when im kess thsn 50% health or killed in a few shots by skulls. The one good fight i was part of was me getting jumped by a group of allies looking for an easy kill only to have backup roll in for a 4v4 fight with even levels.

Telling people “You can’t leave because other players will be unhappy” is a sure-fire way to make people unsub ASAP.

1 Like

They might have sacrificed faction balance for the sake of server population balance.

I’m not sure how they can fix faction balance afterwards without the use of OP buffed racials.

1 Like