All you computer and coding wizards, is blizzard right?

Well I mean, maybe don’t lie than?

LoL that council member Mispeled just destroyed that poor blue lol

Honestly, a really good read.

Not going to lie … I read it and was like:

1 Like

Mispeled was trying to end that blue, wow. Generally impressed

This kind of tech isn’t something they just suddenly will stop needing considering they are quite literally a company that makes online games.
In fact, if anything, they should already have the tech developed for their newer games.

The issue is that they don’t want to spend money on making the code for Classic compatible with newer tech.

4 Likes

What comes after wrath is my question. I don’t think dragonflight is going to hold blizz a float if they do something horrendous like cata classic.

Lol @ thinking there are coding wizards and good software engineers on the WoW forums

You’re exaggerating what they said and then asking a loaded question based off of your hyperbolic representation of said question.

they are right in the sense its not something they can fix right now.

development takes time. a lot of time for small things.

and you have to do it right, not quick to satisfy a customer or investor. when you make that sacrifice, the app falls apart down the road ands it is not easily repairable.

it becomes harder to scale the app.

hell, blizzard may have taken some developmental shortcuts on this exact thing in the past and thats why its you know what nevermind who cares. go to codecademy and learn to code for free, get a job, and then sympathize with blizzards devs.

there’s at least one :wink:

1 Like

I entirely enjoyed your dismantling of their argument. I would say that I’d agree with this statement, but blizzard isn’t in the business of looking 2-5 years down the road. they’re perpetually in the mode of “what nets us the most money right now?”. And have been since Vivendi Games was fully absorbed into ATVI, along with Blizzard.

3 Likes

I would honestly love to see Blizzard respond to that though I doubt they will because what can they say?

Time they have had since the last que time disaster… Or the last disastrous expac knowing dang well that classic is keeping wow alive.

Just because you have a surface level grasp of something and can’t understand what the person is saying, doesn’t make it a blatant lie.

Indeed, I’ve been saying for a long time now that Blizzard is only hanging on by the thread of their early 2000s franchises.

I don’t see them able to come up with a new successful IP nowadays after having burnt their customer base so much.

2 Likes

so what?
they didnt fix it.
not saying thats right. obviously they should have.

them consolidating realms and then failing to anticipate these population issues is a clear oversight on their dev team / planning. shame on them.

but the question was can they just fix this right now and that answer is no.

but they sure better come up with a solution for this recurring problem soon.
even it means giving realms a hard player cap.
thats a hard one though because so many players are inactives or alts.

its just a tough situation, cost benefit.

they dropped the ball on this prepatch release big time no less.

I understand exactly what he was saying and I understand the issue. MY issue is that this problem was known years ago. They have had some pretty severe server issues. Don’t try and talk down to me, that isn’t going to get you anywhere.

I see you furiously trying to time out a response that you think is witty and “gotcha”… Just stop.

Bingo!

1 Like

lol i wouldnt call one of the most successful and most played games hanging on by a thread just because it isnt the monopoly it once was.

its still insanely successful and profitable.

For the botters and gold sellers.

zoomer detected lmao