All Realms in this Region are now One Layer -- August 21

my arguement, once again, is

layers arent an mmo experience, so we shouldnt have them. servers 3-4 times vanilla size are an mmo experience, so they are fine.

Agree with point 1. Point 2 is basically saying nothing of substance. Try again.

1 Like

Create servers true to vanilla, and don’t change them when those who are not okay with how vanilla played cry. Silo these from the current servers.

Leave the current ones as is.

“This goes against my idealized vision of what things ought to be like, so I will ignore any practical implications of the policy I am demanding.”

just because you disagree with it, doesnt mean it has nothing of substance. big servers = more interaction with more players. it helps reinforce the first m, is mmo, which stands for massive.

1 Like

No, big servers = queue times. There are still caps on how many people can be in the game at once. Thanks for playing.

1 Like

It never ceases to amaze me how out of touch you people are. Herod is in absolutely no condition to be reduced to a single layer.

3 Likes

so you’re telling me that with the removal of layers, we wont see an increase in the amount of players in stormwind?

If your server suddenly changes on you, you could migrate to the one you prefer. I simply think the game should be as close to vanilla as possible and dislike retail half measures to cover a pitiful implementation of vanilla.

Most chat channels span across all layers, invites layer you over to the group you’re in currently.

So nope, roughly the same amount of interactions. If you mean I visually see more people in stormwind, yes I do. That changes nothing in regards to overall interaction level.

Thanks for playing.

We certainly will, post-layer Org population sky rocketed on Benediction. It takes about 4-5 minutes per interaction.

1 Like

…sigh…

Time to reinstall Remote Desktop clients and log in at noon on both accounts so I can raid by 9pm…

Thanks Blizz!

3 Likes

Do you consider seeing a character an interaction? You’re more shallow than I gave you credit for.

1 Like

there are plenty of modern mmos with layering mechanisms. just as there are plenty of modern mmos with mega server caps. both are mmo experiences, as they can be experienced in mmos.

neither however, existed in vanilla.

if you choose to not interact with your fellow players, that’s your choice.

To a degree, but the client side processes certainly consider it as one when trying to render

I interact with plenty of people with layering. That was never lacking. If you ran out of people to interact with, which I can guarantee you haven’t, I may give you a little benefit of the doubt. Your argument against layers is moronic.

1 Like

Yup, this is a mistake. Herod will be an unplayable mess in short order.

1 Like

i dont really care what exisited in vanilla, not sure why you keep bringing this up. what i care about is a fun mmo experience, and it is of my opinion that big realms, with lots of players around, is a fun mmo experience.

im not sure why you would play an mmo if you didnt like playing with other players.