All Realms in this Region are now One Layer -- August 21

Well…Pagle-US (Alliance side at least) is laggin hard even in instances.

EDIT: Like Chat is still flowing but people keep ‘running in place’ and ‘rubberbanding’.

it does seem odd to have layers in an MMO rpg. these games are about playing with others, especially a game as community driven as classic.

1 Like

This is a bad idea for Whitemane.

9 Likes

Silithus on whitemane was a lagfest on tuesday even with layers still enabled.

currently enjoying 30 fps in stormwind, whereas i usually have around 70-80.

5 Likes

This move to disable layers seems purely fueled by greed, cutting costs at our expense.

3 Likes

just kidding, my fps dropped to 22 once everyone loaded in. hahahhaha.

Can’t wait for queues and price spike. This is awful.

4 hour queues and ridiculous herb prices returning to Whitemane… Thanks Blizzard!

5 Likes

I mean I agree with you here, but that doesn’t detract away from the merit of someone demanding blizzard should remove layers. Simply telling them to play on a server that doesn’t have layers isn’t really fair because said person is expecting layers to be removed eventually because of blizzard’s promises.

If blizzard didn’t promise that, again, said person might have different ideas as to what server they’d like to stay on in P1

The promises are meaningless if you dont solve the issues that led to layers being needed in the first place.

1 Like

queues + lag fest + marketing taking a dump, have begun on herod. The circus is in town, blizzard bringing all the jokes.

5 Likes

When you add layers in an mmorpg the world is on two separate instances. When that is the case and you can easily switch between the two worlds, it introduces problems of how people deal with conflict resolution or pvp for example. With the conveniences of layer hopping, you can simply remove yourself from an unwanted situation instead of working with others toward resolution

IE
“Horde near elemental farm please help trying to do quest”
“ok just layer over?”

Again I’m agreeing with you here, I’m just addressing the fact you’re telling people that they should play on another non-layered realm isn’t a fair notion.

yeah i think that’s a bad thing, it ruins immersion and the mmo feel of playing in a massive world. i want a massive world, not two half filled worlds.

Why? the mega servers simply do not function properly with unlimited xfers and no layers. the unchecked bot populations only worsen it. they have solved none of those issues. blizzard made an unfixable mistake from the jump by allowing mega-servers to exist and releasing too few name reservation servers.

there were plenty of no layers servers for those who preferred that playstyle. why destroy another realm because of the nochanges crowd, most of whom dont even play here? folks on whitemane and other mega servers were largely happy with the way things settled with layering. almost no one, short of goldsellers wanted this on these servers.

2 Likes

Does that change anything about the carapaces/Scarab Lord situation?
that’s a big issue for servers that still are working on war efforts

not really. most modern mmos use some form of layering, i saw it as early as rift in 2011.

Can’t wait for myself or guildies to get stuck in queues and miss out on raid nights because they got DCd or went AFK a bit too long. Really a fun and positive experience…

1 Like

My server didn’t when I rolled there. If you don’t like vanilla features as they were, you shouldn’t have downloaded this game.

I personally am super excited for elixir of poison resistance to go up to 20g a pop on Herod.