All Realms in this Region are now One Layer -- August 21

Wow… such great logic 4HEad. Layers were a good thing other than the trade windows randomly closing.

I’d disagree tbh
If population is scewed for one side it pushed more people to leave (either transfer or quit), and layers generally only effect farmers more then anyone else. This is because you can always know which layer has more of what faction and chose which one to pvp on.

Maybe on your dumpster server everyone chose to leave.

This is a complete nightmare for high pop servers and makes ZERO SENSE to have a blanket treatment for this “problem”.

6 Likes

… i agree layers were a good thing, hence my comment, but uh… thanks for the insult i guess?

1 Like

The pros of layers outweigh the cons, some people just want to play the game and not sit in a 6 hour queue, log on remotely hours earlier, or have to babysit their character so it doesn’t log out just so when they want to play they can.

5 Likes

if you guys are so eager to not have layers on high pop servers, could there at least be dynamic respawns on all resources so that we don’t have less materials to work with for the size of the playerbase?

Either way, this is stupid.

1 Like

A lot of people on the forums were begging for this. It is pretty telling thatm most people against this change in this thread have very few posts. Where were you guys all these past months to praise layering in Classic?

As far as the “nightmare for high pop servers”, you’re the one that chose to roll on a high population server. With that, there are certain advtantages and disadvantages.

2 Likes

Why would blizzard decide to mess with the large realms again? Whitemane works perfectly fine with layers. It’s the only way for it TO work. and to top it off, you’re reopening transfers into the realm which is just going to exacerbate the queues AGAIN. This will most likely mess up the economy too… C’mon guys… :confused:

6 Likes

ultimately, im not going to play the remote login, queues, babysitting characters for 4 hours pre-raid game again, nor am i going to go to the bother of attempting to convince my entire guild to transfer to some other server blizzard will destroy in 2 months a’la incendius or earthfury. i’ll just quit.

2 Likes

Its the same exact problem with herod. The most recent ban wave somewhat remedied the issue, but overall its still a problem.

Layering is reintroduced to overall absolve this issue on blizzard’s behalf. People are accustomed to Blizzard blowing hot air about the bot issue instead of addressing it so they cope with layers despite blizzard announcing in P1 that layers will be removed permanently.

Its ridiculous, if this was any respected developer, they’re expected to solve or attempt to solve an issue instead of bandaging it with the most cost effective tool of layering.

This is more grossly evident with how recently, if you report a bot, you’re required to fill out a few sentences or you get kicked from the server. Blizzard is incapable of handling the problems of their own game and we’re expected to deal with their incompetence as a result.

2 Likes

Sounds like a perfect time for a six month break until naxx release. Already wasnt looking forward to 6 months of raid logging aq. Thanks Blizzard!

1 Like

Layers fundamentally change how the game is played.

Every single negative aspect of layers is a result of blizzard’s incompetence in addressing population control, resource management and bots.

We seen blizzard tackle these issues by locking server transfers, adding new black lotus spawns and doing ban waves, but its not enough

1 Like

also, i just noticed that on top of this you’ve reenabled transfers here. WHAT AN ABSOLUTE JOKE.

5 Likes

your comment had legit nothing to do with layering being good. Your tone was negative about layers.

might wanna re-read my comment, and the comment i was replying to bud.

if you DONT like layers, rather than demand layers be removed, play on one of the many servers that DIDNT have them.

understand now?

1 Like

Layers were supposed to be removed permanently, it was one of the first big blue posts addressed, so expecting layers to be removed as a result of blizzard’s promise is fair.

4 Likes

blizzard also promised to address the bot problem, and the server queue problem, and we know how that panned out. the shortsightedness of simultaneously doing nothing about whitemane’s bot population, removing layers, AND allowing them to transfer here en mass is just such utter nonsense its hard to even wrap my head around.

3 Likes

Good, layers should have NEVER made a comeback. Hell, there shouldn’t have EVER been layers in the game to start with. What a stupid thing to add to an MMO.

6 Likes

you’re on kirtonos, did that server ever even have layers post p2?

2 Likes

If you reversed every positive or negative word in that flat assertion, you’d still have a flat assertion, but an actually accurate one.