All Aliance players like high elfs?

I think its a matter of trying to understand the perspectives of others. I’ve met very few who felt Blizzard were spiteful for not adding High Elves. Rather, the sheer laziness and lack of quality in the addition of Void Elves, the source of where they came from, etc… can be interpreted as spiteful.

And I’m sorry, but Void Elves as they are right now are trash compared to other races. Players deserve better, the actual fans of Void Elves deserve better, this intellectual property deserves better. Void Elves could have been an amazing addition, but Blizzard didn’t follow through. It doesn’t even seem like they even made an attempt at that.

I will say again, anyone is welcome to like them, and I do find some small comfort that anyone can enjoy Void Elves, because it’d only be WORSE if they were universally hated.

I love my void elf :stuck_out_tongue:
Theyre the perfect race for me.
Not trash in the slightest.

4 Likes

I’m glad you do, and please continue to love them.

I’m aware of them since Mid Legion, so you definitely have missed a bit on the topic.

1 Like

There are too many elves and I seriously hope we see some unique races before we see elves (or dwarves) again.

Still hoping for a bird race to be added to the game, personally.

I don’t care… Not in the least. They’ve given us a way if someone wants to play as a High Elf to do so.

I have a void elf priest… It is okay I guess. Not a lot of void though. She rarely tentacles out like they said she would.

Ambivalent to getting an actual race called “high elf.” I doubt it would change anything in the game in the long run.

Anyone who views the world through such a ridiculously reductionist worldview isn’t someone who can provide meaningful feedback, represent other people, or have perspectives to be understood. Anyone who employ this sort of thinking views the world through something as simple as “unless I get the perfect thing that I imagined in my mind, it isn’t right and is done to be spiteful”.

These aren’t people looking to find something that works through reasonable compromise. People who employ this line of thinking have a more literal “my way or the highway” of thinking, and there’s nothing to be gained from humouring their ‘perspective’. It would be not too dissimilar to ask a scientist to “consider the flat earthers whom they’ll make unhappy”.

How? Through what objective lens and reasoning is this true? The short answer is: it ain’t. Void Elves are just the same as other allied races - basic versions that are meant to offer up alternatives and choice to have something other than the most bog-standard of racial options.

From this perspective, it is easily one of the most important allied races in the game. Specifically because they can also appear just as normal blood elves and thus having fulfilled any non-reductionist ability to play as an “Alliance High Elf”.

What you are saying is nonsense and you should know that.

2 Likes

Tired of hearing about High Elves. The only good elf is atomic ashes.

I just wish there was a way to turn off the graphics of the velf racial.

It’s super annoying turning into a pulsating blueberry every min or so.

1 Like

it only happened when new wow expacs were announced or the warcraft rts released a new expac. people asked for ethereals, high elves, naga and ogres, after wotlk was announced, because it was established in tbc, that blizz was willing to add new playable races. we were told that ethereals and naga would be too hard to implement due to body type, not enough high elves existed to be playable and theyd have to ponder ogres. this repeated with each expac with more playable race requests added to the list, which likely lead to allied races

people call us cheap rip-offs of blood elves. now i dunno about you but blood elves are about ten times better (maybe more) because:

they can be pallies and demon hunters. velfs cant. and velfs also cant be shamans or druids, same as blood elves, but that just means we are class restricted vs. belfs.

belfs have over twenty different hairstyles. velfs have half of that, in fact, velfs have had no hairstyles added since they were introduced 5 years ago. meanwhile, dracthyr come out with more hairstyles than all of us combined

belfs have their very own leveling zones and city with its own fp. velfs dont have any of that.

belfs have 2 heritage sets, velfs have 1 and its a bra with fx.

belfs have tons of lore and velfs dont. etc

so rather than saying his post lacks objectivity, it seems to me he’s just generally stating what everybody already knows (except the spite part, cause no way to prove that)

1 Like

I don’t mind it. Nor would I really mind any race in either faction overall so long as the race was at least in the faction that made sense.

Like if Ogres went Alliance I wouldn’t like that. If they went Neutral though I’d be good. If they go Horde I’d be over the moon.

I digress, I’m clearly one of the ones that wanted high elves within the Alliance but I never expected it to happen. When I saw Void Elves in a random video while I was catching up on lore I missed over a few years I was so happy. My Blood Elf is one of my main favorite characters and to find out that I’d be able to play a thalassian elf on the Alliance AND that it would be focused on my favorite of the cosmic forces? I was thrilled.

Overall though I’m sure there are plenty of Alliance players who either didn’t care about elves at all or didn’t want blood/high elves available for the Alliance. And honestly I don’t care that much either way. If it were me and I didn’t want them I just wouldn’t have played em.

Go with Shadow priest. You’ll rarely even notice it. :stuck_out_tongue:

(This is a joke and not meant to be taken seriously in any regard.)

2 Likes

hehe thats actually accurate. i dont even notice it anymore on my mage.

1 Like

I think the only toons I notice on these days is actually my rogue and warrior. Sometimes I notice on my hunter… Not sure why really… Shadow Priest though I NEVER see it because I’m in shadow form all the time basically. lol

1 Like

I’m still waiting on a darker skin option, or a standalone race (or just let Forsaken stand upright + a pointy ear toggle). Feels bad.

2 Likes

Here’s the problem with all of these things:

1. Base blood elves have more hairstyles but void elves have many more that are fundamentally different. Not to mention the inclusion of tentacles with that as well. Sure, there’s not as many but still more than enough where most people should be quite happy and this not being the problem folks make it out to be on forums.
  2. Void Elves don’t have their own levelling zone that’s true. Because they are an Allied race. They start at level 10. With their own alternate dimension instead of a city. Stating one as ‘objectively’ better than the other is impossible, but I can say as someone whose main has been more or less a blood elf one way or another since TBC … Telogrus Rift is a better zone than all of Silvermoon City at this point. The city is showing it’s age and it just isn’t a very ‘alive’ city. Telogrus Rift is effectively infinitely more alive.
  3. I have no idea what second heritage armour you are talking about exists for blood elves. The only one that I know of is the blood elf one and the only thing I can think of this referring to is the difference between there being a tunic and a robe option, which doesn’t make it into a whole other set. And again, these sets are subjective in terms of which one people prefer. “Bra with visual effects” sounds a whole lot better than “high res visual upgrades from prior low res armours”, but that’s not the full truth in regards to either heritage armour.
  4. Void Elves has the same lore as Blood Elves and then what diverged off since joining the Alliance as an allied faction. This is a non-argument; it isn’t even a subjective argument as much as it is a non-argument as it is trying to compare things that cannot be compared in this fashion.

So no, Void Elves nor blood Elves are “objectively better” in the fashion you, they, or others try to paint in that case. The only thing that is an a real objective argument and truth to the stuff you said is the difference of classes, and even then that’s not much of an argument. You don’t pick blood elf and then play a demon hunter, you pick demon hunter and if Alliance you are a night elf and if you play Horde you are a blood elf. Making the only real difference between classes namely the Paladin-difference.

Which we, on top on all of this, know is coming to all races relatively soon. We have no idea when but it is likely to be the next candidate to be made available for all races so… yah’.

As objectively as possibly speaking … nothing of this indicates that one race or the other is ‘better’. They are different for sure, but not better. Which, again, makes what they said just a whole load of nonsense.

1 Like

its just a rock lol

depends on if you want to look respectfiul or frivilous. either is fine, but velfs shoulda had a robe option too cause, considering our /jokes are pretty risque, the combo makes us seem rather ermm naughty. hehe

true but we are like pasted on to the end since we didnt exist as a separate npc race before and then…kerpow! tada! so we dont have void elf lore.

1 Like

sorry, thats ^ my response. i’m lightspeed

1 Like

thread @Garithos