All Aliance players like high elfs?

Technically its a few portions of an old world called Telogrus. Which supposedly had its own World Soul even but was taken over entirely by the void. Its not in another dimension strictly speaking its just out in the Great Dark Beyond and surrounded by void energies. Its not a lot different than going to Outland.

While I can definitely agree that Silvermoon is showing its age and needs updating I cannot in any realistic world figure how a full city with almost all the bells and whistles is at all comparable to one inn one mailbox and one vendor housed in tents.

This is a ridiculous claim.

5 Likes

and the inn is a single bed in a tent. i think it took 3 years before we got the bed lol

he also thinks most of us should be satisfied with our 10 hairstyles cause tentacles

1 Like

garithos @sylvannas

hehe

No, it is several rocks that has more charm and personality than a city people only loudly proclaim because of nostalgia. Silvermoon City is an important city in-universe … and hasn’t looked the par since at least the Cataclysm when the world got an update to not look like a game from 2004. Which to be fair, Silvermoon isn’t. It has been untouched since 2007 instead.

So no, the claim isn’t ridiculous either. As a modern zone, Silvermoon City doesn’t serve any actual good purpose as it isn’t even good worldbuilding anymore because of how both Ghostlands and Eversong Woods are quite literally on an entirely different continent from the continent they are supposed to be attached to. Which directly influences what you can do with the zones both negatively and positively.

As it isn’t 2007 anymore, most of the negatives still exist and exceedingly few of the positives do.

Considering the idea of Void Elves is to “reach beyond to the beyond and study it”, the idea of a “careful” Void Elf seems like it’d be an oxymoron. One can only be as careful as what Umbric was and… well, that ended up creating the race of Void Elves to begin with.

I mean… sure. But that’s also my actual point I was making.

That’s not what I said. What I said is that Void Elves have customization options that makes sense to Void Elves, whereas most customization options for blood elves are literally just different versions of the same hairstyles.

Wanting more customization options will always make sense. Stating that one is better than another because one race has more customization options than another is ridiculous. Especially when one race has more unique options than another.

“Do qualitative options mean anything to you, or is it merely the quantity the that matters?”, this was my point. Looking over the options available to both blood elves and void elves, whilst blood elves have more quantitative options void elves have far more qualitative options. Especially when one consider other things such as skin colour and the such.

You can, after all, make a void elf look like a normal blood elf. But you can’t make a blood elf look like a void elf.

1 Like

and he has a robe. hehe. this char’s robe would be an example of a decent velf robe

I misread the title as “Are Alliance players high like elfs?”

1 Like

well it helps to realize i’m an old timey helfer, a goody two shoes, if you will, so the edginess of velfs seems too young for my tastes. i prefer the refined intellectualism of the blood elf, the cultured rose, rather than the venus fly trap. lol so you may think belfs are clay pot passe but i think they are fine china

If the blood elf model all the way back in BC had looked “terrible”, none of you would have been asking for “high elves”, ever, guaranteed, regardless what contrarian leaps of logic and emotion you might spout.

1 Like

And yet to this day people still play Male Humans…so how does your argument about terrible models make sense?

1 Like

boy i sure wish we had a toggle for the old models. their face, eye and lip shape was better

I think they might be referring to the Blood Knight set but that’s also for Blood Elf Pallies only I believe.

Personally, I like both Telogrus Rift and Silvermoon. I wish there was more to Telogrus Rift. There is a portal you can take to another rock and you can watch a void elf teaching others about the void and then a tentacle tries to come out of a portal and they have to force it back in. I thought that was a neat touch. However, I like going beyond that with levitate or slow fall to the 3rd big rock and just vibe, the music really brings it together. I hope we get to see more zones like it during the World Soul Saga.

1 Like

its like a spot outside a city, where people congregate, but otherwise is really undeveloped. should have biodomes on it, like the ones in netherstorm. think just one of the mana forges there has more thought and time invested than our home base

It is certainly underdeveloped, but none of the allied races except for Kul Tirans and Zandalari Trolls have a very well developed starting area (their capitols), that’s all they really are unfortunately. Plus, we see the transformation into the Void Elves that Umbric and Co. are now during the recruitment quest, so when they were first transformed we don’t know how long they had been in Telogrus Rift already (not to mention, even if we had a timeframe on Azeroth, that doesn’t mean time passed the same for them). I do think it makes sense it wasn’t super developed right after recruitment.

Could it be more developed now? I would be surprised if it wasn’t, but are the devs going to update it in game to reflect that? Given that it’s a starting area for an allied race, most likely not unless we, everyone, gets to go there at some point if it’s relevant to the story. It’s unfortunate, and I hope we do get to see the area further developed at some point.

As for the eco-domes and mana forges, I could do without, they’re not my style personally. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

mechagnomes have a nice starting area. good sized but could be bigger if they liberated gnomeregan. now that would be cool. and the nightborne have an entire section of suramar, potentially the prettiest city ever made in wow

it was already a world, broken apart like outlands and netherstorm. are we thinking the world was attacked by the void and they made sure no structures remained? seems more likely it was a rush job because they spent so much time on suramar, heck nightborne were even rushed.

1 Like

I have never understood folks who go “void elves are so edgy”. With the exception of two male hairstyles, precisely nothing about them is edgy. But this is probably due to me actually knowing and enjoying the void aesthetic and lore regarding The Void and The Old Gods. Because to me … none of them are edgy, more like clinically insane and using willpower to manage their clinical insanity since that’s kinda the nature of the void.

Pretty sure the void also like cookies. So in my headcanon, all void elves are naturally amazing bakers. Since if the void hungers, you feed it cookies!

Ah… I forgot the Blood Knights got their own set. Still not a heritage set but yah’, it is cool.

Basically all of this is why I’m saying that Silvermoon City just isn’t… good. Not anymore at least. Telogrus Rift has more personality and life to it than Silvermoon does anymore. And that’s largely the point. A “home”-hub is supposed to be full of life that’s appropriate for that aesthetic, not just these massively empty spaces that the old cities used to be, Silvermoon still being that.

1. They are scholars. Quite literally every void elf is canonically either a scholar or a mercenary. Why would they even begin with making a bio-dome especially since…
  2. They aren’t ethereals. The etherals are the ones who created the bio-dromes in order to try to return life to places like the netherstorm because that’s what the Consortium is all about in the Outlands. To study life and to create habitable living conditions.
    Since they are etherals though they do still engage in smuggling and trade of living beings but still, that’s not the same reasons why the biodomes were created in the first place.
  3. I don’t remember what the mana forges more explicit function was but I want to say that their purpose was to drain the Netherstorm of the wild energy and distill it into transportable energy. That’s what I want to say they were supposed to be doing but I don’t remember the exact reason.
    Point still remain though … why would a bunch of scholars build something which they quite literally want to learn to not draw too much power from…? They are learning how to control the whispers, not to make their position known that they are trying to create something to draw in more void energies since IIRC, Telagorus Rift isn’t in the Twisting Nether but in the void … “layer” of it? Been a while since I did the questline and watched the audio drama so… could be wrong.

None of this makes much sense, if any. Sorry.

1 Like

i dont mean they need to build a mana forge. i’m just showing examples of structures built on floating rocks in space, and wondering why a zone you may never return to again has such loving care but my home is some rocks with a few tents and not even big tents

Definitely agree with that, but there isn’t anything really in there besides some generic vendors and an inn. Boralus and Dazar’alor are actual hubs open to everyone. I suppose I didn’t really check when I made my Zandalari Troll, but I think you just straight up start Dazar’alor without phasing. Could be wrong about that though. Suramar unfortunately is not a functioning city open to all because it’s still hostile and full of demons for the Legion story. Thunder Totem is neutral, the Vindicaar is neutral (but you still have a phase specific for LF Draenei), so on and so forth. Boralus and Dazar’alor are the only Allied Race starting areas that have access to profession trainers, barber shop, etc.

This is a good point, even if that specific spot wasn’t originally developed by the inhabitants of the planet, seeing how the Old Gods did with Azeroth in the age of the Black Empire, it is strange that there would be a spot with nothing done by the Old Gods since they had enough of a hold to destroy the planet entirely.

2 Likes

old god ruins. maybe some void structures

1 Like

honestly I don’t see many void elves. I feel like I get a lot more LF Draenei in groups :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like