All Aliance players like high elfs?

High Elves smoke felweed all the time, while Night Elves worship butts, hence their love for mooning.

i like the svelte, agile, elegance of elves.

I play both sides but I play alliance more (by far) overall.

I don’t get the passion for high elves. That flies right over my head like a 747.

I like night elves I like void elves . On the horde side I play blood elves and I have two nightbourne.

My conclusion? Elves are cool but wow has plenty of them . We don’t need more, just give more customization options that’s all.

1 Like

I would rather the elves of all flavors disappear forever.

Elves again and again… Isn’t there any other interesting race to be so fixated on a race that we don’t see much of and that has no difference with a blood elf or a void elf except for eye color?

Id be pretty interested in playing a human if they made a couple of changes.

If the model was a little thinner as theyre hard to find good mog for. If they did not have clipping issues. If their voice was audible. If their dance wasnt so awkward.

Honestly if High elves had better standing posture then Blood elves I’d probably like them more.

1 Like

Dont like them personally, made one and deleted it by level 50. But i am glad others love them, and enjoy them.

JMO.

Let’s be honest, the devs didn’t put much effort into the Alliance allied races. Both LFD and Void Elves were pushed in last minute.

If we specifically compare Void Elves with their counterpart Nightborne… oof.

Nightborne:
Modified model, huge city, huge zone, rich lore, and now even more customization options than night elves. Plus, players got to know the race over several patches.

Void Elves:
No modified model, no zone, no city, just a few tents in the middle of nowhere, hardly any customization options, and the ones they have are mostly extremely ugly, almost no lore, and what they have is pretty laughable, and they were thrown in at the last minute.

Ironically, some players still get upset every single time when fans of that race ask for more.

4 Likes

The male human hair is also really overdue for a remake- give them the options that the Dracthyr visage have!

True, though I’m also not terribly big fan of Highmountain and Mag’har myself. Don’t get me wrong I love them but I think they’d have been better as customization options like the Wildhammer stuff for Dwarves. Despite what people yell at me.

1 Like

As soon as I can play as a gnome demon hunter or a mechagnome Druid I’ll send my elf characters on a retirement vacation.

1 Like

Would have been the perfect time to give the Alliance Tauren and the Horde Draenei. More interesting than a copy&paste version of the same race for the same faction… but that’s Blizzard. Gonna keep that oh so great racial division. :sweat_smile:

The taurens need a dwarf sized version. Need opinions on a name for this new tauren variation.

A couple dozen players spamming the forums on alts does not equal the whole world.

2 Likes

Their point was that the sentiment was shared around the world (or at least in regions where WoW is accessible for play). I agree that it was certainly not a universal sentiment, but it was one you could find in every region.

It is a bit of an odd claim regardless of numbers.

Sure there are high elf fans all over the globe.
But there are void elf fans all over the world as well.
There are high elf haters all over the world as well.

So there is no “whole world” opinion.

5 Likes

Pulling facts out of thin air doesn’t make you right. If you and the other person were correct i would have been seeing far more posts before the last roughly three years. I would have been seeing them in the forums since 2012 when i first started WoW.

The thing is i NEVER saw any posts about playable HE’s for Alliance before 2021 and i hangout in the forums A LOT at all hours of the day and night. I WOULD have seen threads like that if they had been made before then.

The sad part is that i would be FOR playable High Elves for Alliance if it those same players asked for it politely like adults rather than the way they went about it.

1 Like

I don’t think it was as much of a topic before Allied Races became a thing. The sentiment was still there, but as no one ever expected Blizzard to add races to the game that looked similar to the existing races, no one ever had much hope for it.

Even Ion acknowledged the general desire from the playerbase during a WoD interview, mentioning Mag’har and High Elves.

[Edit]: Took me a minute, but I did find the interview if you were curious. It’s at about 7:10 or so.

Some asked politely like adults. Some didn’t. No group is uniform or a hive mind, and no matter how often one can remind others to be respectful, at the end of the day, no one has any actual control over anyone else.

I used to bounce around on where i stood due to the actions of some being hard to stand by.

But if you forge your opinions based on those who claim blizzard is being “spiteful” for not giving them what they want, or those who non stop trash void elves calling them “bargin bin” and making hate their whole identity… well, then you will never find solid ground.
Because people in general just suck. Youll find bad apples on both side of the fence.

1 Like