Alchemy experimentation not working

Earlier today I crafted the alchemy experimentation and got the explosion with the debuff to wait 4 hours. I logged off for about 7 hours and now the debuff is gone but I still can’t do the experimentation despite having the needed materials. I tried unlearning the profession and getting back to the point where I could craft the recipe and i am still unable to craft it.

65 Likes

Facing the same bug, don’t worry - you’re not crazy.

9 Likes

Facing the same bug but no timer showed up. First Time Craft and unable to do anything, despite being at an Alchemy station and having all the ingredients.

8 Likes

I’m getting the bug as well.

2 Likes

Seeing this as well. Shows i should be able to do it, but when i press experiment nothing happens.

6 Likes

Just piling on. I am also having this issue with both ‘Basic potion experimentation’ and ‘Basic phial experimentation’. Confirmed that other recipes like ‘Omnium Draconis’ still works…

3 Likes

Now on the Bliz “Known Issues” list

Alchemy

• Due to some ongoing issues, the following recipes have been temporarily disabled:
    • Basic Phial Experimentation
    • Basic Potion Experimentation
    • Advanced Phial Experimentation
    • Advanced Potion Experimentation
20 Likes

Apparently people were abusing a bug to reset their CD after exploding. This bug was also apparently in the beta but never got fixed.

5 Likes

To my understanding, that bug didn’t benefit players because it would cause an auto fail and reset the timer to 4 hours again. I could be wrong though, but that’s my understanding of it. In either case, I failed all of mine today and yesterday lol

2 Likes

Oh man, where have I heard that one before?

2 Likes

Incredible, not like I wanted to work on my profession.

6 Likes

Yeah exactly. I"m here now because I was trying to work alchemy. But I guess not.

2 Likes

I also got this bug

1 Like

So do we put in a ticket? i am having same issue

1 Like

Same issue. Is it officially “down” or is this broken?

1 Like

I believe they disabled it until they fix the bug

1 Like

I’m having the same issue can’t do experimentation.

1 Like

I thought I was going crazy, I kept thinking “No way its been 4 hours already, whatever” but I assumed there was some hidden mechanic at play.

1 Like

Same, experimentation isn’t working anymore.

Last three times I used it, it was one or two then boom

1 Like

Same. Experimentation borked

1 Like