Akama History Thread

02/13/2016 07:04 AMPosted by Vektorix
I think very very few people remember Ashes of Al'ar. We came, we saw, we killed some bosses, we vanished.

VEK!

Didn't you have a broken arm most of Ulduar?
Lots of Missing Chupa stuff!!!!!

I do miss the good times
02/14/2016 11:29 AMPosted by ZĂ„x
02/13/2016 07:04 AMPosted by Vektorix
I think very very few people remember Ashes of Al'ar. We came, we saw, we killed some bosses, we vanished.

VEK!

Didn't you have a broken arm most of Ulduar?

I did, and a broken back as well! I was hit by a drunk driver while on my bicycle two weeks after Ulduar came out, and it was a very long recovery. AoA mostly folded while I was in the hospital and laid up, and I ran out the Lich King clock with Acquired Taste (got Death's Demise with them too!)

I quit and come back as the whim takes me; only people I talk to regularly from the old days are Tatari (AT), Xandee (Mutiny) and Violatrix (of many guilds including AoA). What was your main back then?
1 Like
03/02/2016 06:38 PMPosted by Vektorix
I quit and come back as the whim takes me; only people I talk to regularly from the old days are Tatari (AT), Xandee (Mutiny) and Violatrix (of many guilds including AoA). What was your main back then?

Probably Zelendria/Zaxan (The lock I'm posting on but Human Female :P). I had joined maybe 2-3 months before AoA fell through.

I just remember doing Vaults and the Ulduar grind. We got Yogg to like 5% our very first attempt and never got close to it again.

Then you fell off the planet and Beastcloud took over, then it just went downhill.
03/03/2016 08:43 PMPosted by Zaxan
03/02/2016 06:38 PMPosted by Vektorix

Probably Zelendria/Zaxan (The lock I'm posting on but Human Female :P). I had joined maybe 2-3 months before AoA fell through.

I just remember doing Vaults and the Ulduar grind. We got Yogg to like 5% our very first attempt and never got close to it again.

Then you fell off the planet and Beastcloud took over, then it just went downhill.

Wow...Zaxan rings a bell - I still have the old AoA website files here somewhere - might be in the old roster page somewhere. I only vaguely remember the name Beastcloud. I know after founding co-GM Malba retired at the end of Burning Crusade, we promoted priest Burlis to take his place but he and other co-founder Cardzilla/Cardrel didn't work as well together and while I was in hospital the wheels really came off. Then we merged with that other guild (the name of which I can't remember) and that kept us afloat for a few more weeks but it didn't work out. We had also talked about merging with Mutiny instead and I think in hindsight that would have been a much better fit. But by summer 2009 we were done. It's a real shame as we started Wrath of the Lich King with such momentum - getting The Immortal and Glory of the Raider. I think we could have done really well in Ulduar had things not gone the way they did.

This is actually an entirely different warlock than the one I played back then - I let Violatrix/Trixta use original-Vek for PvP in Cataclysm and he's still sitting on some Alliance server at like level 85 - I made her change the name so mine wouldn't be associated in case she had a rage fit after a bad battleground. I came back this time around Thanksgiving; strangely I main a Mistweaver monk now - had anyone tried to tell me I would EVER heal I'd have laughed in their face. The mouse-arm is still slow and weak from the accident, and I am getting old, so I am not hardcore by any means. I do miss the old days though - the first few months of AoA when we were getting organized and chasing guilds like Revolution and Hello Kitty Club was the best experience I had in a video game, ever

I believe Zaxas is Annaras, right? From Why's The Rum Gone?
I'm sure my name is obvious. Ripen from Akama.
First
10/24/2015 11:51 PMPosted by ZĂ„x
02/16/2015 03:53 PMPosted by Jördan
most irritating druid
JohnX (legendary hero)

That lisp was real.

Don't forget about Ashes of A'lar or Whys The Rum Gone

For S4 R1 Glads - Jah, Efficacy, Tassadar...I can't remember the other 2.

Bobsauce was one of em.
Ahh man, this brings back memories. Whys the Rum Gone, Flying Spaghetti Monsters... I really miss a lot of great people from Whys the Rum Gone. I am one of your old officers, Pauper the Druid. I really miss Chips and his little brother.. Chipsmary! Sigh, add me if you knew me... Bitz #11447

All of my character names have Bitz in them.
The memories are real! :O

Also hello again friends!
This makes me miss Akama so much. I raided on Akama in vanilla with Unparalleled. I was Narcrasas, nelf hunter. In BC I mained a gnome mage Wowudiedquick with Mutiny. In Wrath I mained a dwarf DK Petergriphon and played in Revolution. Then I followed Raddyn from Unparalleled to Bonechewer-H. Thinking about coming back to Akama. How is the raiding scene?
Does anyone have an archive of Lobo's how to move a boss without getting melee'd in the !@# guide? Was reminiscing about this the other day and can't find it in webarchive.
Now if only Lobo had made a "how not to get sheared" guide for Auron on Illidan.
Onslaught got Nef. Had one wipe on Skeram and that was it. Guild died after plenty of server transfers.
Loki from Onslaught got server first Thunderfury: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yQkvgtGTPU (language/nerd warning)

Macabre Farmed AQ40 up to Cthun. Guild died from pre-expansion apathy.

There was one guild that formed right before TBC that did Raz. I think it was Team RCA. Was anyone else in that guild?

Source: in these guilds / present at these events
Rolled on Akama day one and was a raider/PvPer through most of Vanilla. I was in Relisted back in the days when we were the first to clear MC/BWL and then open up AQ40. Those were some fun days. Too bad C'Thun was broken and killed the guild. Played a couple more years through WOTLK but it was never the same and quit before Cata.

Legion appealed to me although it's sad to come back and find a dead server where Horde outnumber alliance 4:1. World PvP used to be a blast around Blackrock and in Southshore but now apparently World PvP = ganking people 30 levels underneath you while you level. Sad times.
2 Likes
Thanks for the Tuxedo Set Inky.
Glad I could help!
This is a pretty cool thread. A lot of OG raiders myself and guildies looked up to on this server. Was checking out when we did well, the leadership was not Illusios. The leaders were a European lady named Fattybumbum and myself. Good times. Also we active and back since legion. If anyone that used to be in the core sees this hit me up =D
1 Like
Looking for a late night raiding home.
So against my better judgement, I bought legion and came back after a 9 year hiatus. Anyone from TBC legendary hero lurking around here?

-Prowls