Akama History Thread

Yeah I enjoyed diving through data and archive.org looking for all the old info I could find on Akama. Been busy lately however with current expansion matters and have not had time to go back into the wiki and make updates.

I am sure there will be another content gap sometime during Warlords of Draenor, that will give me the time to take all this data you guys are giving me and go back into it and make updates. Keep the information coming people!
I'm trying to remember some of the horde guilds that haven't been mentioned, like Sine Pari, Team RCA, Pink Pwnies. Bastard Clan.

On the Alliance side there was Fruit N Nut. And wasn't there something like Unleashed. Unparalleled? Both? And what the hell was the name of Acquired Taste before they changed it. I was trying to recall that the other day.
Incidentally, Otmar was the leader of learning curve, not me. I was just a corrupt officer.
Damn seeing this thread brings back memories
You guys remember Spit? He was a Gnome mage who constantly trolled in front of Org.

As far as the Pvp rankings go, I made it to blood guard on my priest and I remember the warlord at that time was a troll hunter but for the life of me I cannot remember his name.
I played Horde from the end of Vanilla to this expansion where I have decided to transfer (I played Encore the holy priest)

Akama was a lot of fun (still is) I have about 4 alts on Akama but all the people I played with since 2006 are gone for the most part. Not quite as fun to raid with strangers =(
hi
1 Like
Man, that history was some good times...
12/10/2014 11:31 AMPosted by Cheem
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Very True. Hello to all you old vanilla / TBC players!

I started really playing in BC and I can remember sitting in Shatt one day inspecting Cheem thinking damn I wish I could raid with Warpath. They were the standard on Horde side back then. Oh the memories this brings back.

Also the GM of Sine Pari was Norr back then. That is the guild I started raiding with as a resto shaman.
<Recently Bandaged> fades
09/11/2014 05:37 AMPosted by Shamwowza
Judgment was also active on the Alliance side during Vanilla.

We were through MC, BWL, most of AQ40, and progressing through Naxx.

Leaders were Tripwyre and Vizagoth.

Now THIS brings me back. The exodus from Balnazzar to Akama.
02/16/2015 03:53 PMPosted by Jördan
most irritating druid
JohnX (legendary hero)

That lisp was real.

Don't forget about Ashes of A'lar or Whys The Rum Gone

For S4 R1 Glads - Jah, Efficacy, Tassadar...I can't remember the other 2.
09/27/2015 12:17 PMPosted by Pertrucci
09/11/2014 05:37 AMPosted by Shamwowza
Judgment was also active on the Alliance side during Vanilla.

We were through MC, BWL, most of AQ40, and progressing through Naxx.

Leaders were Tripwyre and Vizagoth.

Now THIS brings me back. The exodus from Balnazzar to Akama.

Haha yeah, it certainly does bring back memories. I remember playing with you back then. I played a protection warrior named Chanax.

I remember playing with you, Drowkiller, Valstein, Draiden, Elmador, Adrienn, Sywen, Brusaignia, Kowz, etc.
If there's anyway I can contribute to the history, please let me know. I haven't been on Akama forever!!
Whattup Shamwow haven't seen you in long time.
04/10/2015 08:20 PMPosted by Kythiara
Incidentally, Otmar was the leader of learning curve, not me. I was just a corrupt officer.

Although NOW I AM THE LEADER! Of a guild with 0 active members. But hey, at least I got to plunder like 80k from the guild bank.

Hooray for the dethrone function!
08/21/2014 10:27 AMPosted by Undisputed
Back in Vanilla Warpath played second fiddle to AT. We downed everything in ONY/MC/BWL/AQ40 first on Horde side and only got Instructor Razuvious before BC.

In BC we edged out At on Gruul and were light years ahead on horde side (5/5 Hyjal) (9/9 BT) after the first boss in (1/6 SW) with WOTLK being so close and the heavy school schedule of most of my Officers we decided to call it until WOTLK.

08/17/2014 12:37 AMPosted by Drakedog
The nostalgia is real.

I Would have bet my left nut Macabre was ahead of Warpath before it died, but it's been a long time. Also wasn't Onslaught starting AQ40 before they fell apart, way ahead of Warpath and before Macabre came to Akama? Also what was that guild that Treval the druid started later in Vanilla? Was it Team RCA? I remember making a buttload of nature resist pots on my priest for him for Huhuran.
1 Like
This server! Its where I started. I was in Sine Pari, and I believe Team RCA before I eventually game quit.
Polska, was gladiator s2 or s3 in BC. Alliance Lock.
10/24/2015 11:51 PMPosted by ZĂ„x
02/16/2015 03:53 PMPosted by Jördan
most irritating druid
JohnX (legendary hero)

That lisp was real.

Don't forget about Ashes of A'lar or Whys The Rum Gone

For S4 R1 Glads - Jah, Efficacy, Tassadar...I can't remember the other 2.

I think very very few people remember Ashes of Al'ar. We came, we saw, we killed some bosses, we vanished.