AH Extremely Slow - Throttles Need Adjustment

The functionality is certainly degraded…and I think we can all agree that it is NOT the sole result of TSM or similar addons (because the functionality was not this bad prior to the recent changes). As for those requesting the retail version of the AH, I think you can forget about that for classic. The functionality on retail is as bad or worse than on mid-pop classic servers. It takes 15+ seconds to scan individual commodities. With so many people buying/posting (across all realms), when you finally select an item to buy (or choose to post), your price is no longer the best…or the item has sold.

I am sure there are dedicated individuals focused on optimizing the AH design on the Blizzard front, but I also have to believe that either A) changes were not fully thought-through or B) the decision was made to just “shoot first and ask questions later” with respect to how the changes would impact the community.

I suspect the majority of viewers to this thread, myself included, enjoy playing the ‘economy’ game as much as the ‘actual’ game. I could only IMAGINE the blowback if a 50%+ lag were introduced to every raid mechanic. Any time a portion of the game you enjoy is affected, it impacts your desire to play, that’s for sure.

I have no clue what the optimal solution is, but I am looking forward to a resolution.

3 Likes

The code is different than the original. The code back then wouldn’t be able to utilize server resources as they exist today. 71000 transactions on an AH is nothing for DB’s today, EvE Online probably does that every 5 minutes.

They are benchmarking their game servers, lobby servers, databases, and debugging code.

The default AH UI is unusable at best regardless of add-ons. So any actions to make add-ons inefficient is only going to make any AH related actions a worse experience for the playerbase as a whole.

3 Likes

Hey Blizzard, i play the AH-game and i can’t play anymore. Please fix. So frustrating!

1 Like

Disclaimer: I agree AH throttling changes are ruining the game right now.
But this is rich coming from this particular community council member. He lobbied for followUnit to be protected and got his wish. As a fan of removing quality of life for people from addons as long as it impacts people with multiple accounts, he should be loving the removal of quality of life from the AH and should be a big fan of doing things manually, using the crappy default AH ui and posting stuff one item at a time.

1 Like

They need to just implement the retail AH. No one in their right might would prefer the classic one over it.

2 Likes

Isn’t that a good thing? Stop abusing AH queries.

1 Like

A) we really don’t, not with a good AH addon. I haven’t full scanned an AH in probably 10 years.

and

B) if blizzard would just do something useful with the AH like implement the retail one most normal people wouldn’t NEED an ah addon to sort through the crap on the AH.

2 Likes

This is classic. Not retail.

Yea, well, most people I’ve talked to would love a functional AH, the AH we have right now is not functional. It’s running into the same problems that caused them to redo the AH.

1 Like

How am I listing stuff and searching for stuff then if it is “not functional” ?

I haven’t been able to buy half the stuff on the AH since prepatch.

Addon or no addon, go to buy, it hangs, “internal auction error”

And that’s after sorting through people trying to scam and 1 stack posts.

I’ll never understand why people are nostalgic for inconvenience.

2 Likes

100% agree. It’s making AH addons unusable and the Blizzard standard just doesn’t cut it. These addons worked fine for years, why kill them now?

2 Likes

Nobody cares. We’re long beyond the idea of no changes so keeping something that is borderline unusable on higher pop realms for the sake of a few people thinking that THIS is a change that crosses the line is rather comical.

3 Likes

All changes are crossing the line. More resources should be dedicated to processing AH queries more quickly. The AH feature itself doesn’t need to be modified.

1 Like

From a longtime AH goblin the update is a double edged sword meant to protect players in a way. I dont fully agree with it.

Gold selling bots work in teams to monitor the auction house and control it. Their job just became infinitley more annoying, my guess is blizzard is trying to annoy them off the game, downside is it affects the players equally.

We need more communication from blizzard about the intent of this update and wether its actually working.

If the server is at risk of damage from having a concurrent 200,000 auctions blizzard should tell us and work with us.

4 Likes

I agree with the sentiment, but the AH problems are poor design and code

100 no cap

Agreed. I also don’t get some of the negative in this thread with the mentality, “It doesn’t matter”. Yikes.

2 Likes