AH Extremely Slow - Throttles Need Adjustment

The vanilla AH is unusable to me as someone who enjoys the economy side of the game, because it is missing some very simple features. We should be able to sort by buyout per item and we should be able to see prices of the item we’re trying to sell on the same screen we use to sell at the very least. Historic info is also important to me.

The other features of TSM and auctionator are nice, but these quality of life things have been important to my enjoyment of the game for over a decade. There’s no good reason to prevent me from using them now.

3 Likes

I’ve been getting lots of TSM errors while trying to use the AH, addons are a core part of the game TSM is no different. If you want to raid you use DBM, if you want help with questing you use Questie, RestedXP, Guidelime, if you want help with AH you use Auctionator or TSM. Blizz should listen to the addon creators and address their issues for the sake of their users.

4 Likes

It’s not the auction house it’s the addons that were broken in pre patch, they broke certain TSM features in retail to when they made it regional.

I don’t think blizzard likes auction house addon scan/shopping/mass bulk features as its used by bots to automate

They added new throttling and code to break certain TSM features and other addon features, TSM developer said it was on Blizzards side when it happened in retail couple weeks ago.

If you disable all auction addons or the full scan feature/shopping features, the ah is fast .

I’m not sure which interface is resource hog, the interface shows 1c bid and 1k buy out on the top and lowest unit price is on the last page?

2 Likes

Even with TSM turned off the AH on my realm is extremely slow. Maybe this is Blizzard’s real solution to all the gold buying? Make it impossible to actually spend it…

2 Likes

Actually they can only scan one by one. Scan muti item will scan next one after present finished.
The problem is some people scan the whole AH every single hour or even worse for hunting extreme cheap item.
But that is not what 99% people do, even those who stack tons of mats don’t do that.

Thank you for this info. Hopefully Blizz will make the needed changes. What’s the reason the add-on is so slow on retail AH?

no it is not.
Only very few people will do the full scan for hunting some extreme cheap item.
Now even you search only 1 item, it is not able to buy.
BTW, you can’t buy in bulk automatically.
Every buying need a player’s action.
I’m particularly wanting to make a stack of Armor Vellum II from over half an hour ago.
But not even able to buy enough herb now, have to reload then re-scan again and again for herbs to get Celestial Ink. for now I think one of the rule is if buy differently item in just few seconds, it will return an error that is not able to be handled. I guess the error is not in the SDK document. What a PRO, return error that is not published on official document. lmoa
I can’t tell why BZ claim it will save resources.

If BZ want to set a limit of buying speed because of their server is not able to handle a game from 15 yrs ago, simply add a GCD of buying and let people see how good BZ’s server is.

This is why GDKPs have become the new auction house now, people take all their gold there and instantly transfer it for items without needing a TSM add on or having to sift through page after page.

1 Like

I do not scan every time I use the AH. Maybe % I scan is 3-4 times a week.
I consider auctioneer the best. It auto sets prices so I just have to drag and drop then post then leave AH. All the others demand I put in costs or lots of reading how to use. I hate auctionator and tsm with a passion and find them worthless.

2 Likes

this thb

4 Likes

if you are using TSM, you don’t even have to do any full scan.
It collects data from users to everybody so everybody is syncing without any needing of scan yourself

3 Likes

. . . for which I’m VERY grateful! Keep up your good work!

5 Likes

Not true. TSM has always been just as fast as ‘not using an add-on’ until Blizzard made their recent auction house changes, something I saw no need for.

2 Likes

TSM is still broken/laggy for me even after updates so i’ve disabled it for the moment. But using Auctioneer works fine when it comes to just sorting the AH and putting stuff up for sale and avoiding obvious scammers with 1c bids and 3999g buyout posts.

Just double and triple check the price when putting things up manually for sale. But the lag is REALLY bad when you buy things that are still there. I’ve had it freeze when I try to buy something (no bigs or buying placed, just nothing) until i close and search again, see the listing from the same person and THEN i can buy it.

Same applies for the mailbox. Clicking items to put them in my bags manually is unresponsive, but clicking “take all” in the mailbox works. grrr.

As an extensive AH user, and an extensive TSM user the issue isn’t to do with addons.

Yes, I agree an addon likely adds strain into the database, but that implies the underlying database is not fit for purpose.

Blizzard need to either work with addon makers, so that addons fall within parameters, or blizzard need to improve the infrastructure and usability of the classic auction house as the base UI is not fit for purpose anymore with how far the game knowledge has moved over the years.

4 Likes

Same one of the main drives of the game for me is AH flipping and arbitrage. And since pre-patch went live AH is unusable. I’ve tested almost all addons and vanilla AH and it’s just impossible to do anything meaningful.

4 Likes

Maybe Blizzard should stop making changes to support megaservers, and just let them naturally wither until they reach an appropriate level of population.

They’ve already started the process with queues and free transfers, as they should. They just need to keep it up.

1 Like

Blizzard either give us retail AH or fix the indexing of your AH database such as by using Excel Quarries or a better program / software for it - maybe take a look at AWS.

1 Like

Ive been an avid player since the start of classic and played from Vanilla through OG Cata. While I do enjoy raiding and other aspects, my favorite part was the economy and utilization of the AH and trade chat markets.

While I understand the initial intention of the throttling, I do feel that there needs to be better triggers that start it other than, its and add-on. I use TSM and while before it was never really a concern - using the add-on has become extremely difficult.

I understand that some people may want to criticize others for using AH add-ons - but its no different from other aspects of add-ons that are designed to improve your gameplay (be it DBM, Bartender, Weak Auras, Plater, etc).

I think the best move is to clearly state what the limits you want an add-on to provide should be (like you do with all other add-ons). That way developers can work with these new rules that can be clear and transparent.

I completely get the intention - but I do believe the current implimentation is falling very short of its intended goal.

9 Likes