Against TOS to share accounts?

Just curious if it’s still against the terms of service to share accounts and if it is, how does one report?

Yes it remains against the rules to share accounts unless it’s between a parent/guardian and it’s minor/child. Maybe under “cheating” or any tab where you can explain in more detail?

7 Likes

The rule on sharing account(s) is one (1) parent (the legal guardian) and one (1) child on the account. I’m not sure how one’d report this.

4 Likes

This is regarding adults, not family or children.

You could always email hacks@blizzard.com and give all details not ideal but im not sure what ticket category.

2 Likes

I sent the email six days ago. No response and no action. I wonder if this is no longer an actionable offense because otherwise wouldn’t a blue have responded? If there’s a different way to report, let me know.

That address isn’t guaranteed a response, and it’s likely the only response you’d get is a thank you for reporting as they won’t share any details about what happens to an account with anyone but the registered person on the account.

Account sharing is still very much against the rules in their current EULA, excepting one specific circumstance.

2 Likes

Its like the do not reply email one way street but this one will get looked at and investigated.

1 Like

A blue poster isn’t requrired to reply to any given thread. More so when given the right answer. If you want a blue statement on the matter:

5 Likes

Well a Blue did respond, by marking my post as the solution which only you or a Blizzardian can do. (In this case, A Blizzardian did)

In short it means you can fill any suspicions through the ingame report button and they’ll take it from there. They will not inform you of the result of the investigation as that is something between them and Blizzard.

No action taken now doesn’t mean it won’t come, or it perhaps means that they were just “boasting”/innocent in the end. Only Blizzard and the account owner knows the truth.

5 Likes

I see this thread is about adult-adult sharing, but regarding the parent/guardian-minor sharing that was mentioned later on:

Looking at the recently updated EULA, it seems things have changed with legal parent/guardian and minor child.

As a disclaimer, this my interpretation based on what I see there. I’m not speaking for Bliz.

Assuming the US’s legal adult age of 18:

1. No one under 13 is allowed to use an account or the platform at all, with or without parent/guardian consent.
  2. 13-17 can use platform, however only legal adults are allowed to make accounts. So 13-17 are required to share with parent/guardian.

There are also a few familiar, related things that I didn’t see in the recent update, meaning their opposites could be implied, but I’m not going to go into that gray area here.

5 Likes