Again bad class design

Boomkin were doing 150k dps. A 35% nerf is hardly nerfed into the ground. They’re still on top, but only doing as much as bugged ret paladins now. Are you just pulling this stuff out of your ear?

If they bring BM hunters in line with other two specs during DF I’ll go on knees and apologize to everyone here in comment section for being idiot. But I have a good feeling that BM will go trough

It’s not hard to keep three stacks up on Live, so I don’t know what you’re talking about.

BM isn’t bugged on DF because Frenzy stacks are easier. BM is bugged on DF, because Wild Instincts is proccing way more Barbed Shots than it should. Since you can put multiple Barbed Shots on the same target, the high burst is from having a bunch of DoTs ticking away at the same time.

At this point, I think we need to conclude that you have no clue what you’re talking about.

Zuck man, if only you were also drinking you’d get the cool guy points, and you were so close too.

!remindme 30 days

?

Are you sure about that ?

It’s definitely a big part of it. The infinite Focus and Kill Command resets are part of it as well, but everyone keeps focusing on the fact that Barbed Shot is the highest damaging ability, so that’s what I mentioned.

Are you aware that this isn’t how barbed shot works ?

1 cast - 5 hits - 6.6k average hit

2 back to back casts - 7 hits (refreshed) - 6.6k average hit

What are you trying to prove? Barbed Shot doesn’t stack. It applies multiple DoTs. Having two Barbed Shots instead of one doesn’t mean each tick doubles. They are two separate DoTs on the target.

Perhaps you didn’t understand what I said. They are different dots. The ticks will remain the same, but there are more ticks.

Sounds like a good way to get lyme disease.

1 Like

It does not apply multiple dots.
It refreshes it.

single cast : 5 hits

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/m9KWVjqCgX6nTd8y/#fight=2&type=damage-done&source=64&start=248304&end=266209&pins=0%24Separate%24%23244F4B%24casts%240%240.0.0.Any%242262285.0.0.Hunter%24true%240.0.0.Any%24false%24-217200&ability=-217200

double cast back to back : 7 hits (but you said that there should more ticks, so should be 10)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/m9KWVjqCgX6nTd8y/#fight=2&type=damage-done&source=64&start=231619&end=247894&pins=0%24Separate%24%23244F4B%24casts%240%240.0.0.Any%242262285.0.0.Hunter%24true%240.0.0.Any%24false%24-217200&ability=-217200

double cast but spread appart : 9 hits (but why isn’t it 7?)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/m9KWVjqCgX6nTd8y/#fight=2&type=damage-done&source=64&start=204671&end=221196&pins=0%24Separate%24%23244F4B%24casts%240%240.0.0.Any%242262285.0.0.Hunter%24true%240.0.0.Any%24false%240&ability=-217200

At this point, I think we need to conclude that you have no clue what you’re talking about.

It refreshes it now, just like on Live, but before the latest build it was adding multiple DoTs to the target. There are literally dozens of complaints and YouTube videos about it.

During last raid testing it did not do that.

During the testing 2 weeks ago it also did not do that.

I saw this on Twitch during raid testing. The guy had like five different barbed shots on the boss. Didn’t know if it was a bug or a change to barbed shot.

Likely some UI bug. Even during the 1st raid testing it was not doing that.

Also, why are you replying to yourself ? Kind of weird to be posting on 3 diff toons in 1 thread, and pretending like it’s diff accounts.

Considering they haven’t said anything about any such changes to Barbed Shot, and considering the impact it would have, the most likely scenario is that it’s unintended to have multiple dots from the ability, on the same target.

My question is…

Are BM hunters still zookeepers?

I really miss the whole idea of beast mastery being my and my furry buddy vs the world. Now it’s me and my legion of animals.

Survival almost has what I miss but it’s melee now.

No ?
You can play the spec perfectly fine atm with only 1 pet.

There are talents for +1 permanent pet that might end up being decent but not required, same with dire beasts.

1 Like

They can choose to be but they can also run 1 pet focused builds.

Also to the orginal post i think most people are just gonna end up play BM again, MM has too many cast times and SV is still melee.

Its not hard to see why its still the most played spec.

Even in the current tier we are in, if not for SV being overtuned in mythic+ we would still mostly see BM hunters, whose presence haven’t even dimmed that much even with it being so low in overall numbers.

With as many issues BM has most players will still flock to it over the other 2 specs.

2 Likes

Well at least its about BM and not SV on these back and forths.