Again bad class design

I suspect it will be more than “barely functioning”… but who knows. Perhaps what appears to be an exaggeration won’t be.

Idk, i’d bet that most of those bugs will be fixed prior to pre-patch hitting servers, likely within next week or so of beta.

3 Likes

Tuning is just that tuning. There is no time limit, and trust there will be “tuning” throughout this expac. I expect many nerf’s and damage modifiers buff’s to happen. It’s the nature of and Blizzard formula for years.

1 Like

You’re either new to wow or a MASSIVE optimist

Yeah, but the dog doo part of it is that it takes them weeks or months to fix; outside of something VERY egregious. I’m certain the changes aren’t difficult, they just drag tail on things unnecessarily to keep the carrot dangled for longer subs. There’s no real mystery about why it’s happening.

I’m going to suggest something wild: Make a game that keeps players playing NOT because of the promise of change, but because it’s enjoyable to play. The money-printing machine operates more efficiently when lubricated by fun instead of hope.

I’m 95% sure this is what will happen.

Just as with the start of Shadowlands, bugs will make it to Live, they will nerf the damage and then band-aid the bugs without compensating for the loss in damage. By patch 10.1, Hunters will be in the bottom third until 10.2.5.

2 Likes

Lol perhaps you should look at my profile. THIS character, not some odd level alt, has been on this game since day 1 @12:30AM Mannoroth. I have played vanilla, or classic, and all that has come after. I have ALWAYS post from this character and always from a max level toon.

What I said was true then, and will remain to be true now in this expansion.

1 Like

How do you know this? I mean i hold Blizzard in records low regards after this fiasco of a alpha/beta but I still doubt they will let BM go live this strong due to bugs.

Scenario A: they fix the bugs and the BM spec will go live as weak and lackluster as the other specs.

Scenario B: they wont/cant fix the bugs and will nerf the living F out of the bugged abilities to bring then down. Then fix the bugs later but “forget” to buff it back up to balanced levels.

Cant see any other scenario really. But it wont go live like this. They hate Hunter too much for it to happen.

3 Likes

I have done testing on beta. Druids running 140k+. Retadins running 90k+. BM running 65k+. Everyone else between 45-50k. BM isn’t doubling other classes, but it is strong due to bugged talents. My issue is that instead of fixing the bugged talents, they nerfed Barbed Shot by 23%. That affects all of the talents that directly modify Barbed Shot. When they do fix the bugged talents, I expect BM’s damage to drop significantly. Will they revert that 23% nerf or just say good enough?

This is similar to the start of Shadowlands, when they nerfed BM based on how BM was performing with Azerite gear in 8.3 - seemingly not understanding that Azerite gear no longer works. I expect something similar will happen here, but I’m holding out hope they fix it right. They aren’t high hopes, but hopes nonetheless.

2 Likes

SV was only played because of a broken tier set and MM hasnt been popular since the boring BFA revamp. BM will still be the most played until they massively overhaul those 2 specs.

2 Likes

That’s is the problem. MM
Should have really good ST damage. It’s a sniper, should be good in single target damage but weak in AOE. SV hunter should have good AOE , bombs , butchery, FOTE and OK ST damage. BM having both it’s not ok. The main reason for that is because it’s the only spec in the game with 100% mobility. It should have OK aoe and OK st damage

I always get a laugh at you people who think BMs mobility is a huge benefit. MM has plenty of mobility too, as does Boomkin, Evoker, every single melee, and every good ranged player. I also play demo and I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve lost a global in any given fight due to having to move.

No good player loses DPS because they had to move other than the first couple of pulls on a boss. What a bad reason to keep a spec down though looking at your raid progress shows you clearly don’t have the slightest clue to begin with.

4 Likes

You keep saying that like it means something.

First of all, every melee class in the game has 100% mobility. They just have a smaller area to dodge mechanics.

Secondly, the trade off for ranged mobility is the requirement to manage Frenzy stacks inside a tight window. Most BM Hunters are terrible at keeping three stacks of Frenzy up.

Thirdly, your argument is counter to what Blizzard devs have been saying for years. Having slightly more mobility than other ranged classes is not cause to do lower damage.

1 Like

100% mobility means no matter what is the mechanic no matter what you have to do, you can do your normal rotation without interruption. So far every vos has mechanics that requires you to move away from party, to avoid etc. and for those 2-3 or even 4 seconds you can’t do anything.

BM hunter can , unless it’s a los, but now even that is solved with sentinel owl

Because they depend on rng. It’s hard to keep 3 stacks without procs

1 Like

By your own definition, BM doesn’t have 100% mobility. Stuns, intermissions, fears, etc are all mechanics that interrupt BM rotation. If they interrupt that rotation long enough, it makes Frenzy stacks fall off and we have to build all over again. You’re pointing out the spec’s strength without pointing out it’s weaknesses. But like I said, Blizzard disagrees with your assessment.

Keeping three stacks up is the difficulty of the spec. Better players are better at keeping them up. You can keep three stacks up without procs, but the window is very tight.

And what you want 3 sacks to have 100%+ uptime? I mean they did it now in DF that’s why every damage meter is filled with BM hunters. Bring 5 hunters and your first 5 dps spots will be hunters for sure.

BM on DF is bugged, those bugs are substantially inflating BMs damage. You cannot compare an unfinished and bugged to hell product like DF with reality. In reality, BM hasn’t made top 10 throughout all of SLs. That mobility you think is a huge plus simply isn’t.

You would know that if you ever decided to play the game; but, seeing as you don’t play the game, you don’t know what you are talking about.

Or rets, or boomies, or rogues, or any other class that’s bugged ?

Your operating on some delusion that current number tuning is bug free and final.

1 Like

Do you need help writing comment? I’m writing from a phone and I reply faster than you plus I’m driving.

Keep it short and say wha type got a say

I like it in SL. It’s played by people who love it. Not the best damage , not the worst damage but people love it. I play SV and one thing I dislike about SV is set bonuses. They gave it huge AOE and every meta slave is crying how they have to play SV hunter and they don’t like it.

Regards of SL it’s blizzard see are talking about. 2 weeks till pre patch and they didn’t updated anything yet.

Nerfed to the ground. Almost 35% damage reduction and as well spell interactions “are” fixed

This is nothing to be proud of

6 Likes