After so many years, High Elf* time!

Keep asking and fight for it. Keep asking in that “Why lack of customizations” thread, because GMs has been responding back frequently to hear fans woes on wanting more.

The age is adding more and not stopping people from getting em.

5 Likes

Apologies in advance, just gotta get this out of the way…

Carry on, OP :slight_smile:

21 Likes

No black option seems odd.

Also, no tiara. :frowning:

I’m glad that they’re doing this, though!

5 Likes

We see both blood and high elves learning about void magic in telargus rift. Nothing in lore states you cant be just one of those new recruits.

It says she is just Alleria. She considers herself a child of Silvermoon and by extension she keeps her heritage along with what she learned about the void

2 Likes

If blood elves are high elves, and void elves are blood elves, then void elves are high elves.

22 Likes

Next up!:

Need green/gold eyes and Paladin class on Velf.

4 Likes

why do people state high elves must be paladins, am i missing something? blood elves were the first paladins before then they all were priests, mages, archers and some kind of antimagic warriors

paladins are not a thing among old high elves

3 Likes

no.

you.

don’t.

You dont see uncorrupted HIGH ELVES chilling in TR learning about the void. You are entering the realm of just making stuff up, and its irritating.

Void elves, as defined in every single wiki on the internet, are corrupted blood elves under the lead of Magister Umbric. Alleria is the only exception, first by being a high-elf, and also by having a unique and VERY DIFFERENT process by which she became void-touched. For all we know, she’s something else entirely from a VE (probably a big reveal when her husband goes full radical).

2 Likes

~https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/High_Elf_Wayfarer

Check mate

19 Likes

hey dingus, they all have different names because they’re different races. We don’t call them different things because we’re bored.

‘A was once B’ is far different than ‘A is B’

1 Like

wowpedia.fandom. com/wiki/High_Elf_Wayfarer

8 Likes

wowpedia.fandom com/wiki/Silvermoon_Scholar

5 Likes

Most of them are simply human paladins unsatisfied with the human model. I doubt it has much to do with lore.

I for one have always been an advocate of simply giving male humans a less gorilla build.

1 Like

Some racial names exist only due to cultural differences. There is a lot of in-game lore that reinforces the fact that there are no physical differences between high elves and blood elves. It’s why you can now make a blood elf that is 100% indistinguishable from anyone you’d find in the Silver Covenant.

Kul Tirans and Worgen aren’t called “humans” in-game, but they very much are still 100% human. Same with gnomes and mechagnomes (the Mechagon variety, at least). You don’t become a totally new race just because you lop off your arms and legs.

10 Likes

I stand corrected; High elves are indeed chilling in TR.

My original point stands, regardless. Void elves were corrupted by the nexus-prince causing physical changes that resulted in the formation of a new race altogether.

The key detail here IS THE EVENT.

Orcs are green because they were corrupted by fel blood. If a Mag’har orc was studying fel blood, just as your High Elf Wayfarer, would that change his race? No.

So unless Blizz offers canonical lore where people can just walk into TR and turn into Void Elves somehow, they are still not void elves.

tldr; studying the void and listening to the Locus Walker doesnt make you a Void Elf, thus your original point is still moot.

2 Likes

Actual question. How are you talking so confidently when you didn’t know that High Elves AND Blood elves are residing in TR? That’s the most basic thing and it’s been in the game since Legion…?

18 Likes

And there are clearly new void elves/elves learning about the void. The fact we have skins like this characters means that there are those that consider themselves void elves who were not corrupted by the nexus prince(Alleria chief among them)

8 Likes

I was kind of hoping for a black hair color

Or maybe a black/grey ombre.

It would fit the void theme imo. But lightforged look awesome. I might swap to one actually

3 Likes

because im a human being who makes mistakes? I accepted my mistake and we moved on with our discussion.

stop trying to be a child about it.

2 Likes

Congrats velves who wanted blonde hair. Enjoy your high elf fantasy. Now let us stop beating the dead horse of high elf. Its here. It’s not going anywhere now. Time to accept and move on.

4 Likes